1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

FACTIONS MEGA CHANGE!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Satiri, Jan 23, 2019.

?

Thoughts on my thoughts? Check what you agree with ;)

1. Gapple Cool Down

83.3%
  2. Sell more items at once

33.3%
  3. Tokens more attainable

83.3%
  4. Tokens are sell-able via command

66.7%
  5. FORUMS LEADERBOARD

16.7%
  6. Custom Enchantments, added, and looked at

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Satiri

Satiri First Step

I am Satiri, pronounced many ways. I got some ideas for the faction server!! Please read and tell me how y'all feel about them.

1. PvP Gapples
    The pvp definitely needs some changes made. I have been fighting players that much on god apples like candy and I am not rich enough to have as many. Because of this, if you're fighting someone that has over 15 gaps the fight will extend to a very long time. Now to rework it, I suggest putting a timer on when another gap can be eaten. I would feel like a 20 second span is a good starting point. It should encourage more pvp and get feedback from the guys to know if it should be increased.

2. /shop
    This one is just an idea I picked up from someone else. If there was a way to sell more items at once on the shop it would save time and be beneficial. It gives the same fair advantage to all players. Perhaps under the [Sell 64] button, make a [Sell inv] which will then instantly sell all of that item that is held in your inventory. Thoughts?

3. Tokens
    I read about this and feel the same way. It takes so long to obtain tokens in-game. It is like 10 tokens per 200 mobs or something? I feel it should be increased where you can get more faster. This will allow more enchants to be made and in the longer run more pvp hypothetically.
    ~~~SIDE NOTE, speaking about tokens there should be a way to transfer and sell to another player like currency. Some may not have the time to sit all day and grind out 1000 tokens. If there was a /tokens give [player] or something that deducts from you and sends them... idea??

4. Leaderboard
    My personal idea from a few years back. If in the factions sub section on forums has a link or a pinned thread that was a giant online leaderboard. Now this will be a tricky one for the development team but it would definitely be unique to only this server. On the leaderboard it would show different fields like all players and the top money (/baltop) and because /baltop has been removed as long as I can remember, would be a great idea. I know some of my old friends used to play factions only to get rich and this way if anyone else is like that, they will be able to compare and size up. Another title on leaderboards could be top tokens count, top kills, top deaths, the KDR, etc.. Now the way this would work is by going through console and having it update every 10mins or a given time. Therefore it is not running constantly and reduce latency. Leave a reply if you like this unique idea of seeing where everyone sits and suggest what else can be on leaderboards.

5. Custom Enchants
    I like what there is now but some of my favorites are not added:-( For example, plsma and insulation. Plsma is an electrified attack for swords and axes and sometimes it would send lightning strikes down. Insulation on other hand is the defnce for it on armour. Another is voodoo, is is like confusion but (personal fav) it casts a spell, make your screen change colours to purple or red and most commonly all black where you cannot see for a short while. This is a very OP enchant and has no defence making it cost a fortune of tokens, backing up my idea on #3. Lastly for swords and axes I believe a poison enchant should be added, this is by fav very important to me. I believe many of the true pvpers will agree. If you strike someone in a full on fight and they decide to be a pussy and run away, then because of the poison as a long duration of harm being given...(I know run on sentences) but because the flow of damage from the poison they would not be able to teleport away plus it is just fun for pvp.
    ~~~BOWS!! The pvp on the server is 98%swords and axes. Now bows on the otherhand are never used but are in each kit. So why aren't they used? Well no one has skill first of all. Second, they are basic af. If custom enchantments found in /enchant were given for bows they may be used more in combat? Some of my suggestions are, level 1 2 and 3 double shot (shoots 2 arrows in straight line) multi shot (Shoots 3 arrows in a side line like holding up 3 fingers) and pentashot which is five arrows being shot in one pullback. Potentially too OP but there could be a 'chance system' so that everytime you shoot it doesnt do more arrows, similar to how explosion works. Grenadier is a bomb affect when you shoot someone they explode but when you shoot a block it doesnt explode. (Major testing needed), finally a enchant where the player gets struct with lightning and the higher the level the more bolts come from the sky. Add some thoughts on bows down below.

Also make heads more likely to drop, I like head;D
    Yours TRULY
    S
    A
    T
    I
    R
    I

2. wopp

wopp Stone Miner

wopp
    There definitely needs to be a gapple cooldown. People chug them all day (Including me).
    I like the tokens idea I think you should be able to /tokens view to prevent scams. And I strongly back the idea that tokens should be more accessible, maybe killing mobs could reward you with a certain amount of tokens.
    And in the /shop there already is a sell all option, it's the bucket in the middle column under the item.

3. BoomBaamz

BoomBaamz Tree Puncher

BoomBaamz
    I really agree with the gapple cooldown since its really overpowered when u pvp and then u get someone low, they just chug gaps and then it becomes boring because then u can't kill them, I think it should be a cooldown of around 30-40 seconds since the regeneration is 20 seconds long.

4. KotDE

KotDE Tree Puncher

KotDE
    Ok, so here's my thoughts on the matter:
    1: Gapples should certainly be on a cooldown. With the regeneration they provide, the period should be at least 15 seconds - triple the time of Regeneration effect. 20 is certainly good. For God apples, aka enchanted gapples, at least 40 seconds, maybe a minute.
    2: Shop already has a sell all option (a bucket under the items column), so this is obsolete.
    3: Tokens should surely be more accessible. It is nigh impossible to get really good enchants on your gear without going to webshop and purchasing 25000 Tokens there, and even then you get either one really great enchanted item, or a full set of mediocre stuff. I've seen three equally great swords on Factions /ah recently sold by Templar, and I bet my whole base it was done using a lot of IRL money, not by grinding mobs.
    4: Leaderboard like that is a great idea, and I have nothing to add to it.
    5: Custom Ench's you mention are common on KitPvP, not Factions. KitPvP is radically different from Factions, don't mix them, it won't work as well as you envision.

5. Hiva

Hiva Iron Miner

Master_PlaysMC
    this isn’t do able at all.
    If staff are that dumb to add gsets in a gosh darn chain kit pvp, and fix it after all this time
    They probe can’t fix this

6. KotDE

KotDE Tree Puncher

KotDE
    First of all, don't slander the staff, please. Second, do not speculate whether staff can or can't do something. Snapcraft has a dedicated dev team that codes plugins and adds new features to the game. Please be more considerate.

7. Hiva

Hiva Iron Miner

Master_PlaysMC
    Then how do you explain gsets in a chai mail kit pvp
    Why hasn’t that been fixed

8. KotDE

KotDE Tree Puncher

KotDE
    Tell the staff what you think about gsets in kitpvp, why do you ask me? Post a suggestion or open a support ticket, not go all ballistic.

9. Hiva

Hiva Iron Miner

Master_PlaysMC
    Shut your skin tone chick bone chromosomes homophone the heck up

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. XDBlaze325

XDBlaze325 Gold Miner

XDBlaze325
    Survival Ultra
    the reg kits on kitpvp use to be gold and leather and if your so against people using gsets in kitpvp go play somewhere else

11. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Iron Miner

2 has been suggested like 20 times and I doubt it's gonna be added due to technical issues and such, but if it's possible, sounds good.