1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

| The Removal of "P2W GSETS/GWEAPONS" | By BeeBu

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BeeBu, Jan 26, 2019.

1. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    The Removal of P2W GSETS/GWEAPONS

| Point #1 |
    The Situation
    The situation on Prison has become dire and in my eyes, self-destructive.

First off, I would like to say that I personally do not hold a grudge against anyone that has purchased, owned, or recieved a store-bought-gset. I simply believe that the addition of SBG's are something that can ruin PvP combat and a sense of grind. Most of the players that PvP on prison can confirm and testify that they have either purchased/received a SBG from themselves/another player. They claim that this creates an economy that is able to prosper from IRL deals. I don't entirely disagree with this point, although it will be addressed later. I will propose/state opinions that I, myself, have discovered.

| Point #2 |
    The Economy
    Something we can all agree on is that server economy is what can either make-or-break a server. If we use Survival as an example, players claim that the server hasn't seen a reset for over a year. To brand new players they may see this as an issue that needs to be addressed; but to Veteran players it's simply what they rely on... It's nearly the same for Prison PvP. Yes, I can reassure you that I am indeed comparing PvP, to a whole server economy. To players like me, who have started playing, it is impossible for us to jump into PvP UNLESS we buy a GSET. Nearly every single person that PvPs on prison can testify that the SBG are a commonly used item. When you add a feature, that can give someone the best gear in the matter of seconds; compared to the amount of hours it would take to actually grind a GSet, it's unbelievable. The Prison PvP system is ruined and flooded with SBGs. Making it impossible to PvP in items most players would see as "good."

| Point #3 |
    The "Veteran Player"
    When it comes to people who have bought or received a SBG they all say the same thing. "It'll never be removed!" "Why do you want them removed?" "Why? You can get one for free too!". Each of these represents ignorance. The Veteran player is someone who typically is biased and resents players who seek change. The reason why Veteran players don't want something changed is the same reason Politicians don't want certain laws changed. Because it benefits them, and it's what they're comfortable with. I can sympathize for these players, having something significant like a Pay-2-Win feature removed from the game, can negatively impact your views. I understand changing something like that isn't desired, but it's a necessary adjustment. Rather than grinding it out, and working hard to get a GSet, they'd rather pay money/do an IRL deal to get a GSet in 5 minutes. This mindset is outlandish and overall, immature. You need to see the bigger picture. New players CAN NOT PvP AT ALL; UNLESS THEY ARE WILLING TO SPEND MONEY.

ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS THOUGHT OF WILL BE POSTED IN THE REPLIES BELOW
    I WILL RESPOND TO CRITICISM. DO NOT TAKE IT HARSHLY, AS I AM JUST DEFENDING MY VIEWS\
    DO NOT RESPOND WITH DIRECT ATTACKS TO MYSELF OR OTHERS BELOW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    I agree that gsets and gweapons are extremely overpowered and new players truly can't just jump in to pvp because they have a player who is in a gset just go clean them and the new players have no chance of being able to kill them. I have seen many, many people complain about gsets, I myself have complained a little as well. Those who use gsets have the mass advantage of just being able to clean anyone who is no competition. From what I've noticed as well is that majority of known gsetters seem to all be teamed so theres no way of seeing a gset go against another gset, it doesn't happen often. Something that gets brought to my head is something a gsetter has told me himself. He says that he owns a client and will use it on other gsetters. In a way, gsets provoke clienting to the server for the fact gsetters have fully admitted to using clients against other gsetters to really confirm their win. As much as many people and myself would likely agree with this, I don't think we'll see changes anytime soon with removing gsets or a change towards them for the fact they're a major part of the server by now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

Ashybooo
    I dislike store bought gsets too so I agree with you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Then a reset would make sense. The market on Prison is already flooded, same goes for Survival. I don't see why there aren't any scheduled resets.

5. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

Ashybooo
    They’re on a list of things to do but there’s a lot of stuff to do before resetting a server.

6. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    So... From what I have heard, which could misinformation, Survival hasn't seen a reset for over 15 Months?

7. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

Ashybooo
    Something like that yea, before resetting they have to fix all the bugs, get new maps, reset plugins, reset stats etc and then in between there’s other servers that needs fixing and stuff so it takes time sometimes

8. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Okay. But there is no way that it takes longer than a MAX of a week to do. Resets are necessary for server economy/sense of competition.

9. Majestical

Majestical Helper

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    Maarten has already announced a reset for survival, maps are being worked on and such for the reset. It's been planned and is being worked on, it will be announced when it's officially here. For prisons there is no reset planned. Keep in mind the gsetters players have on prisons they've spent a lot of irl money on. Resetting and then removing gsets would cause a major amount of people to quit I feel.

10. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    In the description of a GSet on the store, it reassures you that the item is a 1-Time-Purchase. Meaning it will disappear in the next reset/when the item breaks. If players quit due to a reset than they aren't dedicated enough to begin with. I know the whole premise of a server is to keep players happy. But you would only be keeping Veterans happy, in turn, ruining the experience for New Players. I have heard plenty of people say "people would quit". That argument is invalid, people quit over tons of things. I witnessed someone quit today because they lost their GSet in PvP.

Unfortunately, I just think your statement alone should not be a factor in this suggestion.

11. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Do you mind PMing me the URL where he said this?

12. Kcin2

Kcin2 Iron Miner

kcin2
    Prison Legend
    Prison has been out for awhile. However a reset would be rather stupid imo, the main objective is to get to Free rank and only *2* players have legitimately gotten to that. Prison isn't a gamemode that needs reset as often as some others, obviously you can't make everyone happy when it comes to resetting a server but resetting a server where a total of 2 players have achieved the main end objective would lead alot of players to just quit after all this time of playing and never even getting anywhere close to Free rank, nevermind a lower rank like prestige3 which there still isn't that many people in.

But yeah, agree with the gsets stuff. It's a big money maker for the server though so I doubt it'll get removed.
    I'd like to see a reasonable way to get prot7 armor without purchasing it, perhaps from the prestige mine cryptic tokens that have been mentioned before?

13. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    I agree, a Reset is not entirely needed at this moment. Although, the post was never about "Resetting Prison!" it was about GSets, and solutions to remove them. I think that a Reset is a solution, whether its popular or not doesn't matter. You can purpose other solutions if you have any ideas.

I'd have to disagree with this. You simply can't state that "Prison doesn't need a reset as often as others" without proof. Reaching FREE is obviously a big part of the server; the number of players that have reached Free however, do not matter. It's the lifespan of the server that does. As well as how badly the Economy has gotten. The ECO at this current moment isn't terrible, but the PvP is god awful.

Please re-read my Point #3. This was addressed, as well as it was in a reply.

This is the main issue i'd like to address. Multiple players, rich and poor, agree that P2W Gsets are not a good idea, and ruin PvP/"The Grind". I understand its a money maker for the server, but I believe there are a multitude of other things that make money for the server as well. I think that GSets are not what the server relies on entirely for money. I would imagine that Marten would like to cater towards making his player base happy, rather than 100% revenue based.

Thank you for agreeing with my main point of the article. I would like to readdress that this suggestion is not suggesting a Reset for prison, just proposing one of the many solutions/alternatives.

14. Kcin2

Kcin2 Iron Miner

kcin2
    Prison Legend
    The pvp side of things would be about the same as it is now aside from certain things like mcmmo axes (which would take abit longer to get back up there in numbers) in about a month or two of a reset. And I did suggest an alternative to help combat the fact you "have" to purchase or get a store bought gset from another player.

15. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    Absolutely not. The reset would impose a removal of everything, as you're aware of what a reset is. It would also be the update in which, if it were to happen, would have GSets removed from the store. Allowing everything to be fresh. Meaning players would have to grind for GSets.

I plan on also addressing later tonight the possible change in purchasing of eTokens/alternatives to change this.

16. Kcin2

Kcin2 Iron Miner

kcin2
    Prison Legend
    Obviously it'd be different without the option of buying p7 off the store. That doesn't change the fact that you'd have to take almost everything off the store and rework almost all of the custom enchants to "fix" pvp, aka a non p2w version of it.

17. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    That's not true at all? You wouldn't have to rework the custom enchants at all. They are fine the way they are! To make a GSet normally without purchasing anything requires an actual grind and sense of accomplishment.
    And take almost everything off the store?! Are you serious? You would need to only remove eTokens/GSets/GWeapons... Everything else is fine the way it is.

18. Kcin2

Kcin2 Iron Miner

kcin2
    Prison Legend
    You have no experience with it, you wouldn't know. The way prison pvp was before antidote was added was barely considered pvp. Constantly had blindess, nausea, wither/poison, the inability to move due to slowness, etc etc. Absolutely atrocious. it's alright now that theres antidote which fixes the sword/axes custom enchant side of things. However even in prisons current pvp position Frozen and Toxic need reworked, hitting someone and then not being able to move and constantly be hit by poison is terrible. All you need to not die in pvp is one piece of frozen5 armor. Tell me again how nothing needs reworked please.

19. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    I'd like to point out that this is not about the post at all. You're way off-topic. The thread is about Store Bought GSets, not about Custom Enchants. You can DM me if you want to talk about enchants, but that is NOT related to this thread at all. For anyone reading this, please ignore his reply ( the one quoted ) and my own.

20. Kcin2

Kcin2 Iron Miner

kcin2
    Prison Legend
    Seems relevant to me? Obviously isn't the main topic of the thread, but it is most definitely relevant.
    Changing back to the main subject here since you lost the argument. You have a single day of playtime on the server. While your intentions here are good and alot of people, including myself, agree with gsets being abit OP especially considering you can't get Prot7 via any other means, you have yet you work your way up to having any of that stuff