1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Realms Suggestion (Enchantment Warning)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Deniot, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Do you think my suggestion is actually a good idea?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2019.
  1. That's a great idea! Let's wish your suggestion gets applied on Realms!

33.3%
  2. It's ok.

33.3%
  3. It's not ok.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What kind of idea is that? We don't need/want that update on Realms!

33.3%
  1. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

Hello, everyone! I have a suggestion to make the Realms server a little safer concerning the apply of enchantments on pickaxes. So, i suggest a system that sends a message in the player's chat when this one tries to apply an enchantment with at least 1% of chance to destroy the pickaxe. Thus, when the player opens his inventory, picks up an enchantment with at lest 1% of destroying chance and clicks on a pickaxe with the enchantment, nothing changes (the pickaxe and the enchantment are the same). However. a message appears either in the player's chat or on his screen, saying something like : Are you sure you want to apply this enchantment on your pickaxe? Your pickaxe might get destroyed! (it won't happen if the destroy chance is at 0%) This message will stay on for a certain delay (5 seconds for example), so if you try to apply the same enchantment on the same pickaxe a second time before the delay runs out of time, it will actually change, Applied OR Destroyed. However, after the time's up without applying, the process will be cancelled.

Actually, I believe that would be very useful to let a chance for players to be careful with their special pickaxes, even when someone accidentally clicks on an enchantment and applies it on his lovely pickaxe, destroying the pickaxe in the process (believe it or not, it has just happened to me and therefore I lost a Sacred Diamond Pickaxe with the Emerald Duplication 9 and the Emerald Boost 8 enchantments. RIP my lovely pickaxe, you will be missed... :'().

Sincerly, Deniot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ashie

Ashie Helper

Rainwash
    I don’t like this suggestion, simply because it’s common knowledge that something can break when it has a destroy rate on it. There’s also protection scrolls to add so your pickaxe doesn’t get destroyed.

3. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

Hey Ashie! What's up my friend? I see you aren't staff anymore, but it's alright!

4. Ashie

Ashie Helper

Rainwash
    Haven’t been staff for a year lol

5. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

I see. We already talked about that before i guess.
    Already got one dislike for my suggestion. It starts badly for me.

6. CasuallyAnnoying

CasuallyAnnoying
    Survival King
    Yeah, I agree with Ashley. It's just common knowledge. I don't think a warning feature is needed.

Also, I might have the books to replace your pickaxe.

7. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    The fact that some players find this necessary shows the their lack to learn and adapt. Players need to understand that they won't know everything st the start. Although I think a book that says "Destroy Chance" is pretty obvious. This seems like more of an annoyance once a player learns enough.

An example is Prison. Once your inventory is filled up and you try to mine it will Beep loudly. Players like myself find it annoying because normally we don't pick up everything in the mines. We'll stick with Diamond/Emerald items. So, in order for me to counter this annoyance I have to turn Jukebox noises in my settings all the way down. It's just an annoying feature. I feel like this feature could have the same impact on dedicated players.

Overall, -1.

8. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

Looks like my suggestion is trash after all.
    Btw, thx CasuallyAnnoying. What enchantments are those anyway? Deniot

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    No suggestion is trash! I like how you made it clear and evident what you wanted changed :)
    Keep it up my man! I like your dedication!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

Thx BeeBu (what's your in-game username?). It's just that I try to give interesting, clear or clever ideas. I even try to join the community chats in this website and in Snapcraft. But I feel like I'm weird (or just saying weird things or acting weird) in the community which doesn't always make me feel part of the community or the chat. I just want to make friends and never feel rejected. Being noticed, accepted and respected. That's it.

11. BeeBu

BeeBu Stone Miner

BeeBu
    My IGN is BeeBu. I play mostly Prison, but have a good understanding of all the Servers. Don't worry about feeling weird, everyone here is chill, besides a few bad apples. Making friends will obviously take time, as do a lot of things.

12. Deniot

Deniot Tree Puncher

Sure. After all, making friends has always been hard for me.