1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Better Skyblock Info/help warp

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by qazen4, Feb 14, 2019.

1. qazen4

qazen4 Stone Miner

Tuqbe
    I just wanted to say that SB spawn doesn't have much help for new players and there are a lot of people who come on and have no idea what to do. The info warp doesn't help too much. I was wondering if it was possible to make a much bigger info warp with more useful commands, things like item limits(hoppers,spawners,etc.), other helpful information and more importantly example builds. There is a lot of info/commands that even experienced players don't know about sometimes. I actually have actually already made one on my island at /is warp themossb with public grinders, example builds for a lot of auto farms, grinders, and cobble gens. But its not very well known to newcomers ad doesn't have all the info for the other stuff mentioned above. I feel like it will make SB more player friendly and get more people to stay when they come to this server if they had this to help them get started. I'm always down to help build it if staff is to busy to work on something like this

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Ashie

Ashie Helper

Ashybooo
    There’s an information thread here on the forums for all gamemodes that new players can check out.

If you have any suggestions on what to add/remove make a post with that in it so the owner knows what to fix :)

3. Swift

Swift First Step

I can't say I couldn't agree less, the first time I came on the skyblock server I had no idea what to do other than creating my island and just finding out things along the way as I go. It took me at least a day until I realized how to earn a good profit or start something that could give me money.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. xPandaaa

xPandaaa First Step

oPanda
    I agree as well, I think it would be better for the new skyblock players and assist them a lot more on things they need help with, rather than constantly asking in chat for help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Nicholas Matts

Nicholas Matts First Step

daffy_duck1
    i agree the spawner limit should be upped also

6. psychowaffles

psychowaffles Helper

psychowaffles
    One the forum page of every Snapcraft server, there happens to conveniently be a guide on how to play on said server. ( In this case, sky block )

What is Skyblock? (https://snapcraft.net/threads/20781/) By our very own WagwanMate!
    Maybe implementing a link visible to new players in any form would be a good idea. As many players don't actually partake in the forums regularly. Thanks! - Psycho

7. qazen4

qazen4 Stone Miner

Tuqbe
    I have seen it, It helps and shows a lot of useful information. But it doesn't describe some of the less known information, especially stuff specific to this server like item/block limits, island level information, etc. But I agree, there should at least be some sort of link or announcement to that post because I know the first placed new people look isn't the forums. I just kinda like the idea of info warp, with signs having that kind of information along with helpful builds to get new players started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. griz____

griz____ First Step

Yuunpai
    I agree. Because new skyblockians could look at the information instead of asking in chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. psychowaffles

psychowaffles Helper

psychowaffles
    I've seen info warps, and tutorial walk throughs be an interesting implementation many times, if set up right, very easy to understand and a useful warp. A lot of players also just skip through these as they think "I already know how to play Minecraft". Being a simple warp, they could easily get back once they realized that they may need to learn. Then again there are Helpers (below)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. WagwanMate

WagwanMate
    There should already be an on-going announcement with a link to the thread on Skyblock. I'll look into adding the above suggestions to my Skyblock Guide. If you have anymore suggestions for anything else I could add to make the experience for new players easier, let me know by starting a conversation.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. qazen4

qazen4 Stone Miner

Tuqbe
    Awesome, just thought there were some things that were asked about almost every time someone gets one so I figured it might be nice to have some of that in one place. I'll let you know if I think of anything else, thanks!

12. qazen4

qazen4 Stone Miner

Tuqbe
    Created my own info area at /is warp themossb. Figured since the info warp for the server probably wont be change and we have wagwan's helpful post, I'd just add a little more to it at my warp created just for new players. Along with how tos for every auto farm, grinder, cobble gen and redstone stuff, there is also an info building that has signs with all the information needed to be successful on this server. It includes FAQs that I see every day from new players, useful commands, island/block info, how to make money, how to use profit shops, warp info, and other misc info. Along with a link to wagwan's info thread at the entrance for a easier visual of some of the info.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. xXToxic_WolfXx

xXToxic_WolfXx First Step

I do actually really like this idea! I get that there's a thread on the forums but an in-game tutorial would be pretty cool too!

• Like Like x 1
  14. qazen4

qazen4 Stone Miner

Tuqbe
    Exactly! But even if its not possible, I hope my help warp will become more well known and new players will just be refereed to that warp. All the new players who used it first really liked it and asked a lot less questions because they understood everything they needed to know! And they kept coming back if they did have questions.