1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Reset Survival (Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Bunny_Rabbits, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Gold Miner

Bunny_Rabbits
    Factions Immortal
    Survival needs a reset. I have asked around for a lot of opinions regarding these survival reset suggestions. Here are some popular ones. Not all are mine.

Regarding PVP:

-Currently the slowness, blindness and ice aspect enchants destroy pvp. They need to be removed.

-Increase the combat timer to 30 seconds. 10 seconds is way too short.

-Keep pvp at the end as fps are better there, also add a permanent pvp pit to fight in (that you can’t get out of) at the end. A spawn pvp arena is not needed.

-An anti-cheat would be nice even if it’s a basic one. Blatant cheats like b-hop shouldn’t be possible.

-On the note of anti-cheat, perhaps encourage BLC by adding a star in front of someone’s name if they are using it. Since screen-sharing isn’t a thing on here, it’s only fair that legit players are recognised.

-Make a barrier around the end island, like the one on factions, so people can’t run/get knocked in the void.

Regarding the Map:

-Make the dirt layer thicker, at the moment there is one block of grass before stone in most places. https://imgur.com/a/gTa0ztG

-There are too many slabs across the map, they ruin deserts and mountains. https://imgur.com/a/vkJVpSM

-The nether should have a nicer and bigger spawn. This isn't essential but a lot of people want it.

-Also since it gets griefed like this: https://imgur.com/a/1mFN8ay , adding an rtp for the nether would be a good idea.

-A bigger end island.

-Add an ender chest in the end spawn for people without /ec.

Regarding perks for Ranks:

/reclaim should be added as it’s unfair on people who have already bought a rank. It would give back the perks of the rank that have been reset such as in game money and mcmmo credits.

/pv 7 for ultra.

/hat for vip.

/kit sponge, 7 day cooldown, for premium maybe?

Regarding Crates:

-Make legendary keys obtainable and not pay to win? E.g via lower tier crates, vote parties, dungeons.

-Vote keys are currently useless. Some of the rewards in there are 32 grass, 32 soulsand etc. They need to be buffed with items such as spawner picks, low tier hostile spawners, leg keys and gapples for example.

-Opening vote keys takes too long with the animation.

Regarding Custom enchants:

-Add back/make beheading more common as it use to be. I'm not sure why it was changed.

-Keep the custom enchant system as it is. The enchant tokens on factions and skyblock are too pay to win.

-Remove instability, heavy and hunger.

Regarding Claiming:

-A command to ban a player from entering your claim. It would prevent a lot of nuisances.

-Apparently there is a new sponge plugin that allows more customisation. Ask Crumz for more info.

Regarding Guilds:

-/guild ally (does nothing atm)

-Add a player's guild name before chat name. https://gyazo.com/bde6f3105632c4880f3675301f05c3c3

-The colour of the guild tag could be dependent on the guild’s level, since levelling up a guild costs a lot.

-Allow /guild to be shortened to /g. (E.g /g info instead of /guild info, like it used to be).

Regarding the Shop:

-Add sell all in shops like the factions shop.

-Farming materials sell for very little. Farmers’ lives matter too.

Regarding Food:

-/feed cooldown is 10 min. It needs to be lower. 1-2mins.

Regarding Dungeons:

-The loot needs a buff in most dungeons, especially the hard ones, as they just result in a waste of resources at the moment.

-Remove the limit on how many people are required, some tryhards would like to solo the hard dungeons.

Regarding Chat:

-For nicks, remove squiggle (~) It hurts OCD.

-For message add toggle-able alert sounds (a ding like there use to be)

Regarding Quests:

A few resets ago there used to be quests on survival. I didn’t play back then so I don’t know what the quests were like but here are a few that could be good:

- Complete 10 dungeons (weekly)

- Kill 10 players (daily)

- Kill 200 mobs (weekly)

- Mining 1000 blocks (weekly)

- Mine 32 iron and 16 gold (daily)

These quests could give rewards such as experience towards /level, in game money and keys

Feel free to leave suggestions for other quests in the comments.

Bugs:

/setwarp cooldown (The cooldown is still applied if you name your warp something that’s already taken).

/feed and /heal have the same cooldown.

/mail send (no perms)

/weather clear only allowed in spawn.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this.
    Leave your own suggestions in the comments!

@Maarten

#1 Bunny_Rabbits, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MayaPeeps

MayaPeeps Stone Miner

PolarPeepehh
    Oh Boy yes we need this

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MayaPeeps

MayaPeeps Stone Miner

PolarPeepehh
    maybe add a better filter since people use "big boy wurds" all the time and if a staff member isn't on to warn people they will 9/10 continue without knowing they can be banned for bypassing chat filter.:-D

4. Firefoxking4

Firefoxking4 Stone Miner

firefoxking4
    Oh

5. CommitDolida

CommitDolida First Step

very agree!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Gold Miner

Bunny_Rabbits
    Factions Immortal
    I very agree with your very agreement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FlakesMC

FlakesMC First Step

Flqkes
    Survival God
    I agree with all of this! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. MayaPeeps

MayaPeeps Stone Miner

PolarPeepehh
  9. kyors01

kyors01 Banned

Kyors01
    Survival Premium
    It wont work, maarten doesnt even care about survival its obvious, last reset was 2 or 3 years ago we the survival players have made tons of threads about survival reset, and none of them worked

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Gold Miner

Bunny_Rabbits
    Factions Immortal
    We the survivalists must have faith.

11. Galligatorrr

Galligatorrr Tree Puncher

I agree with all the suggestions

• Like Like x 1
  12. CasuallyAnnoying

CasuallyAnnoying
    Survival King
    Although it would require a lot of time to work on, I do think most, if not all of these features would be nice to implement. Lowering the amount of slabs in the overworld is difficult, as you would have to change the way the plugin renders the world. A random teleport command for the nether would be nice, though dangerous, but it could work out. When it comes to having legendary keys in crates, I don't think that'll happen. If they were added, there would have to be a really low chance of getting them, but I don't think Maarten would want them in there in the first place. Having the ability to ban players from entering your claims would be nice, but that might not work out very nicely with warps. The /feed and /heal commands are meant to have the same cooldown, it's not a bug. Adding guild tags in front of player names might get a bit messy, but it does work out just fine on factions and kitpvp. Regarding PvP, I do agree that some of the custom enchants should be removed as they are quite annoying, and the combat timer is way too short. A sell all button in the shop menu would be quite neat, as the current system is impractical. Doing hard dungeons alone sounds fun, and I don't see why a certain amount of players should be needed, so I do agree with that as well. Having quests on the server sounds like a good idea, so that'd be cool. And lastly, yes, that tilde in front of nicknames really needs to go; it's triggering my OCD as well. You got some great suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Gold Miner

Bunny_Rabbits
    Factions Immortal
    Thank you for your feedback. I would just like to point out that legendary keys are in lower crates (vote and rare crates) on other snapcraft servers, such as factions, skyblock and prison. And yes, they have a relatively low chance to be obtained.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Backus

Backus Mod

jrbackus
    I agree with pretty much all of these, the one layer of dirt makes me want to cry whenever changing terrain around my buildings. I'm not sure about being able to reclaim money/mcmmo or whatever else comes with ranks. After a reset pretty much everyone is on a [brief] equal playing field again, unless you have people running around with a thousand skills in axes on the first day. 10/10 people on mctop are ranked, at least let the nonranked people enjoy their few days not being totally annihilated by 15,000+ skills in axes.

Agree, farmer's lives do matter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Gold Miner

Bunny_Rabbits
    Factions Immortal
    The problem is, ranked peopled like me who have already bought ultra on two accounts are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting credits. Do you think too many credits are given to donors? Also, there is a cap on the axes mcmmo, a 15,000 axes level wouldn’t help annihilate anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

Ausheh
    I agree with this, small changes makes a big difference. :3

• Like Like x 1
  17. iNaateee

iNaateee Zombie Killer

This is definitely the best one I have read, I agree with most of it

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verzonx

Verzonx Banned

Primol
    Really nice work Becky! Looks good. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rywik

Rywik Tree Puncher

iRywik
    Survival Ultra
    I agree fully, thanks Bunny, glad to see I could help with suggestions.

• Like Like x 1