I'm livid and calling for a change.

Should Snapcraft create The Seperation?

• Yes, I fully support what you've said in this post.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, I think Prisons should continue to be tainted by The Diluted.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

TheHarmlessBrute

Stone Miner
I live for prisons on minecraft, its a game I love, respect, and cherish. I've been playing it religiously for nearly 5 years. My room is filled with prisons posters, merch, etc, I've even founded my own prison-based group called the Prison's Purifaction Program(or PPP). |(._.)-/ And what I'm about to say comes from my deep respect for the Purity of this game.

This world has people's of many different preferences, opinions, values, and worth. After all these years I've found that the Prison Denomination is made up of the most valuable, beautiful, Purest people. I cannot stress to you enough the love I have for these people. Naturally when you feel that something you love is being attacked or defamed in any way, you will feel strong emotions.

I feel it's important to say that I don't hate anyone per se, I believe everyone has the ability to be great. But I think we can all agree we've come across people, or groups of people, we find subpar.

Survival is a game I've never understood, it seems to be lazy, non-skill intensive and quite frankly a bad gamemode. To quote Aristotle- "We are what we repeatedly do." That's a school of thought I subscribe to highly. Again I emphasize, I don't intrinsically hate anyone. That being said, since I believe survival glorifies a lazy, unconcerned, and tolerant lifestyle I must also believe that the people who play it, as a whole, mimic those principles.

This brings me to my main point. I've noticed an increase in survival players playing Prison, which is something I endorse on paper but in practice I detest. If they were adopting the superior thoughts, actions and gameplay of Prison it would be great, however the reality is the opposite of that. I see Prisons slowly tainted by the abhorrent conventions, lackadaisical attitude and dirty player base of survival.

I believe it would benefit both groups if there was a Separation between the two. Let each be with people who share similar play styles, principles and morales. The World was run by individual clans and groups for centuries, and it gave us some of the most amazing historical figures. I truly believe it's better off this way, let people enjoy their lives surrounded by those they love and agree with, not by ones that they don't. It would be an easy enough thing to achieve. My idea is what I call, The Separation, creating separate mines for the Pure Prison players and what I call The Diluted.

pFET

Iron Miner
I wouldn't say survival is lazy. We prison players are honestly not much better. We pvp more than they do. They build more than we do. We both mine blocks endlessly. Tbh survival and prison are some of the most alike gamemodes. And about this "Separation" how would you even go about determining the: "Pure Prison players" and then the: "Diluted". You would get a lot of players rage quitting. This might actually help the eco a little but not enough to matter.

In conclusion, I think it would be possible to make two different prison servers with different styles, but splitting them up that way wouldn't work. And I honestly don't see a point to the fact this prison is dying a little.

NedThief

First Step
I live for prisons on minecraft, its a game I love, respect, and cherish. I've been playing it religiously for nearly 5 years. My room is filled with prisons posters, merch, etc, I've even founded my own prison-based group called the Prison's Purifaction Program(or PPP). |(._.)-/ And what I'm about to say comes from my deep respect for the Purity of this game.

This world has people's of many different preferences, opinions, values, and worth. After all these years I've found that the Prison Denomination is made up of the most valuable, beautiful, Purest people. I cannot stress to you enough the love I have for these people. Naturally when you feel that something you love is being attacked or defamed in any way, you will feel strong emotions.

I feel it's important to say that I don't hate anyone per se, I believe everyone has the ability to be great. But I think we can all agree we've come across people, or groups of people, we find subpar.

Survival is a game I've never understood, it seems to be lazy, non-skill intensive and quite frankly a bad gamemode. To quote Aristotle- "We are what we repeatedly do." That's a school of thought I subscribe to highly. Again I emphasize, I don't intrinsically hate anyone. That being said, since I believe survival glorifies a lazy, unconcerned, and tolerant lifestyle I must also believe that the people who play it, as a whole, mimic those principles.

This brings me to my main point. I've noticed an increase in survival players playing Prison, which is something I endorse on paper but in practice I detest. If they were adopting the superior thoughts, actions and gameplay of Prison it would be great, however the reality is the opposite of that. I see Prisons slowly tainted by the abhorrent conventions, lackadaisical attitude and dirty player base of survival.

I believe it would benefit both groups if there was a Separation between the two. Let each be with people who share similar play styles, principles and morales. The World was run by individual clans and groups for centuries, and it gave us some of the most amazing historical figures. I truly believe it's better off this way, let people enjoy their lives surrounded by those they love and agree with, not by ones that they don't. It would be an easy enough thing to achieve. My idea is what I call, The Separation, creating separate mines for the Pure Prison players and what I call The Diluted.
nan

Au5

Iron Miner
Okay so as a player that plays neither survival or prison, I don't understand the point in this. i get that you have your opinions on those who play survival but everyone's gets opinions on people so who cares. what i don't get is how their play-style is not "the prison way" or why they should be separated.

I have previously dabbled in prison and i think you would have said that anyone that is learning the way of prison (its a massive server with so many pulgins and options) dose not play the "prison way" but if we separated these groups, wouldn't it mean that new people or survival players don't get the choices or the support of the people who understand prison,to better play the game mode?

Rather then seeing them split up prison, i would like to see some thought put into a new game-mode/server.