Creative Build Ranking/Tier System.

LeagueofWho

First Step
Hey guys i have been on the server for a short bit and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in implement a ranking system for the Creative folks. For example as a person has newly arrived on the server lets say I want to go up a rank to show off to the rest of the Creative folks that i am a certain level of builder.

EG:

Novice - Basic Rank given on entry to Creative server

Designer - Gained after completing a full 75 x 75 plot Requires basic building knowledge show in Structures and Terra forming and organics Reward is the rank name plus and other claimable plot

Apprentice - Gained after completing 2 plots Show advanced Structure building including detail and Terra forming, Basic Organics: Reward New rank title plus another claimable plot.

Architect - Gained by show that the person can build on the large scale and small. Can do intricate detail and advanced Organic builds. Gain new rank title plus 2 more claim able plots

Master - Equivalent Gained after show flushed out building in all aspects. Gives world edit plus another plot

Legend - Equivalent - Gained from being a long time builder and all round boss Could help with the judging of community builds for the ranking system. If there are any rewards you can think for legend other than fancy ass title drop it in the Comments.

I now Master and Legend are ranks that give World edit Etc but I think it would be really cool if you gave a chance for person to show they're worth through the ranking system to gain a rank of equal value to Legend o master that gave access to world edit also.

I'am also Aware you have 2 plots claimable at the start My hope is by the time you get to Master you should have 8-9 Plots claimed a large chunk showing your builds or separate builds.

I would love to see this added in the near future I understand that this will need backing from not only you server owners and admins but from the community as a whole. So this is just me dropping this on you to see what you think.

Not only is this rank up system something for the community to enjoy but its a tool for the Build team, It allows you to cut the wheat from the chaff, It allows you to fined competent builders and allows you to test them through the criteria to see if they're to your standard.
________________________________________________________________________________
1st Reply to Bunny_Rabbits : No every rank up would have concrete criteria you'd have to pass.

1st Reply to Au5 : From what i have seen there are multiple builders who are competent to become judges who would have set criteria as I said before that you as a individual would have to meet to gain your next rank if you are confused to how your plot should look Sample plots can be set up to show each set of criteria, and a warp command can be set up so you can travel back and forth from.

As you stated in your post you wanted bigger plots this is another way for people to progress such as yourself in getting more plots so you can merge them together making a larger plot with out having to spend money, however that option also should remain for those who wish to support the server more.

Last edited:

Au5

Iron Miner
I Don't understand, who or how would one be judged as to whether they can move up a rank or not?

While it is in no way as detailed as your suggestion this kind of thing dose exist. its called "builder" rank if you can provide proof to the staff team that you are a good enough builder. The benefits of this is while you can get extra perms with ranks, builder's have more ranks that cant be bought. Basically creative is a nice environment where you can be yourself and if you want to be a builder, apply after completing a build or two.

DS_Tsukuyomi

Stone Miner
I think this is a really cool idea, but it does need a little bit more detail and work. Maybe try and deliver that and make an official suggestion :-D

Atricle

First Step
I've experienced it in a server that I played a long time ago. It was very fun. People would create plots and, using a command, they'd enter a list of plots waiting to be reviewed. Then, Builders or Moderators could decide to accept it and rank them up or to deny it. Really added a twist to creative! Please make it happen!

the77x7

Diamond Miner
Servers already have a ranking system regarding donator ranks. Adding in-game earnable ranks will only get in the way of that. I don’t see this being added at any point on the server.

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner
I like the idea, but this server is pay to win. So that means you can't gain better stuff without paying, which this ranking system does. Although that, I think you should have access to more plots. When one plot is fully finished you can do a command like /plot finish /plot confirm and then your plot becomes impossible to change.
Then you can get a new plot. This in combination with your idea would work, although the getting WorldEdit and getting more plots should get removed to keep the pay to win vibe. Then you can pay for WorldEdit, more plots, disguises etc. But you still are able to make more builds.
Now I already know what everyone will say. There will be people who will just spam the plot finish command. That's why you can only use it one time in 30 days.
So non-ranked players have 2 plots where they can build on, plus their saves.
Masters have 5 plots they can build on and their saves.
Legends have 10 plots they can build on and then their saves.
So if you save a plot you can claim a new plot instandly. So you keep the same number of plots allowed by your rank.
I'm not sure if there should be a limit on how many plots you can save. Suggestions are open on that part.

Also I would love to see //redo being added

~Corn

kam

Tree Puncher
Honestly, I like this idea. I've been trying to get something like this implemented for quite a while, but I never had the motivation to push for it.
Another thing: I'm not quite sure why you feel as though this will get in the way of the "pay to win vibe". Initially, that's not even a good argument. A server shouldn't be pay-to-win in the first place. Indeed, this is how Maarten makes his money but it is not what a Minecraft server should be. You are blinded by this idea that it is okay to be pay-to-win, but quite honestly it is not.

I feel like a system like this is quite nice as it makes for a pleasant experience for builders who want something more from the creative experience rather than "Woah, come to my skin comp!!!" or "tp for an rp!!". That isn't what a creative server is meant to be, not a true creative server. With regards to the idea given by TheCrazyCorn: In all honesty, I think this idea would provide NOTHING to the creative server. Plots would be wasted, server resources would be wasted. Quite pointless if you ask me. There is absolutely no point of getting a new plot if you can't even finish a plot fully.

There are other servers which have successfully implemented a system like this. In-fact, I have spoken to people who have played both Snapcraft Creative and other general creative servers (not talking about servers where Creative/building is the main focus) and what i've come to gather is that they leave Snapcraft for other, superior servers because:
1) Other servers provide SOME means of getting access to worldedit for non-ranks
2) They provide SOME means of progression through ranks, giving players something to ACTUALLY do. An actual GOAL for them to achieve

Snapcraft provides neither of these.

Honestly, I think the original post on this thread is the most meaningful and everyone else who has commented has given a weak response. If you feel this is harsh of me, prove me wrong by writing something more meaningful rather than what you have already said.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Unlike the other respondents who are not acquainted with building in a "creative" server, which embarrassingly shines in their lack of explanation to drive their points across, I see potential in your idea. Unfortunately, however, I doubt this will be implemented due to Snapcraft's scarcity of skilled developers and dry community to maneuver your suggestion into a suitable course of action.

Here are my two cents:
The benefits of having a ranking system, is a long-term effect. As you say, the ranking system integrates an outlet for players, especially non-ranks, to not only showcase their style of building but also provides a means of progression. The build team may then cordially interact with intrigued, novice builders, which allows criticisms and advice to fluctuate in a matter of seconds. Long-term, the build team would gather a pool of more talented and promising samples of builders as they have previously communicated and established relationships with the players who were motivated enough to improve their abilities in building. It's to everyone's benefit that everyone has the chance to create by the resources given to them.

Here is my critique:
The ranking system should gradually allow players to gain W/E, GoBrush, GoPaint, Voxel permissions with restrictions. This will educate players all around on working with commands and, thus, improving their ability to build more intricately and authentically with tools, which ultimately benefits both worlds for both paid and non-ranked players.

Last edited: