Skyblock new blocks value?

Should the staff change the way we earn Island levels, making Spawners&expensive blocks worth more?

• Yes, change the way we earn levels.

• No, keep the old way of grinding cheap blocks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
Hey there,

I'll get straight to the point: Why were the island block values changed overnight, and nobody knew anything about that? I find this very disrespectful to all the players (me and my island partner included) that invest their time into grinding those levels.

Now I get it, you want to prevent "level boosting", but why was only the packed ice block changed and not any other blocks? For example, our main island had 30,7k levels - after updating it has 1,8k levels. But my alt island had 13k levels, after updating it still has 10k because it has lots of jungle trees & grass placed. So did you REALLY prevent boosting, or you just changed one block to mess us up?

If you really want a change, how about do one that ACTUALLY prevents boosting? For example, have the IG spawner (and any other spawners) give you a few hundred levels when placed? Or remove the 100 cap of valuable blocks (diamond, emerald block etc) so we can actually increase the level AND spend lots of money while doing it. This way the players on /is top will actually deserve the spot, because any player can pay 500 per stack of grass or grow jungle trees to get on /is top. At least that's just my opinion.

And what about the other islands on /is top? Those players are inactive/not playing anymore. How will their level change if they don't update it doing /is level? Because we all know that the level is not updating automatically.

To be honest I'm really frustrated about this change. Not because we lost 28k levels, but because the ignorance of the people that changed it. It wasn't very hard to just give a heads-up, out of respect, a week before so we know not to grind anymore & to prepare.
Again, just my opinion. I'll also leave a poll, please vote.

Last edited:

Au5

Iron Miner
Firstly (seeing as you like to get straight to the point) that was an extremely hard read. please consider editing your post and adding a little paragraph or something its just a little hard to follow.

Secondly, my guess would be that this will appear in the Update log. Maybe you believe that they should have put an announcement out or something but consider the time it takes for them to agree upon a change, then implement it. If they had to give players time to get ready for a chance, it just makes their jobs more stressful.

Next I would like to point out that the server is constantly undergoing changes. Whether they are bug fixes or just little things that staff thought needed to change. If they had to push out a notification for every little thing that could go wrong, that's a lot of notifications and a lot of time.

As addressed above, the server is constantly getting bug fixes. are you sure this isn't just a bug. if you think it might be, consider making a bug report here (https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open)

Hope you have a good one and figure out what is wrong or get an explanation soon as to why this has happened.

OP
OP
A

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
Firstly (seeing as you like to get straight to the point) that was an extremely hard read. please consider editing your post and adding a little paragraph or something its just a little hard to follow.

Secondly, my guess would be that this will appear in the Update log. Maybe you believe that they should have put an announcement out or something but consider the time it takes for them to agree upon a change, then implement it. If they had to give players time to get ready for a chance, it just makes their jobs more stressful.

Next I would like to point out that the server is constantly undergoing changes. Whether they are bug fixes or just little things that staff thought needed to change. If they had to push out a notification for every little thing that could go wrong, that's a lot of notifications and a lot of time.

As addressed above, the server is constantly getting bug fixes. are you sure this isn't just a bug. if you think it might be, consider making a bug report here (https://snapcraft.net/support-tickets/open)

Hope you have a good one and figure out what is wrong or get an explanation soon as to why this has happened.

1. Edited the post.

2. It would've been the same thing. It takes 5 minutes to post a thread on the forums, or even a message on the server discord, saying hey, we want you to know that we're gonna change the values in a week. That would've been enough. We don't need novels.

3. I don't expect the staff to give out notifications with everything they change, but this change concerns the whole server & it's pretty major. It's one thing to change the price of an item in /shop, and another thing to completely change the way people used to get levels for months, if not years.

4. It's not a bug. I've already talked to a mod in-game and apparently it was on purpose.

I still stand by everything I've said and I still think it's unfair to implement such a big change without telling anyone about it.

Crackalackin

Iron Miner
Most of the staff members probably didn't even know about that update because they have no power when it comes to server updates.

I still agree to most of your points though.
The ideal thing that the owner/dev could have done was to inform/msg people who got to /is top, rebalance the /is value system and give those people rewards like 5 legendary keys each for their loss of progress and time.

It's the owner's responsibility to keep the server balanced and not the player's fault for "boosting" it, but I have no idea what could be done for your loss of time and effort.

biggybur

First Step
I agree that any changes should be announced prior to being made, especially one that involves taking away time from people (The worst kind of robbery, stealing time).
As a newish player to the server it is honestly slightly disappointing to see that the competition for /is top is so scuffed, starting from the fact that there is no publicly available list of point values (no, /is value is inaccurate and you know it.) and tbh I don't know enough about everything to give much more input then that, i've only been here two weeks but things like this will scare away dedicated players like myself who had the intensions of going for high ranks.

On a server that /is top is the only competition (why can't we get a /bal top???) Atleast make sure it's done properly.

OP
OP
A

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
Thank you for the replies.

We are still waiting for someone in charge to make an official statement about what's going to happen & how they're gonna handle the situation. I've seen the owner online today, messaged him but obviously got ignored.

the77x7

Diamond Miner
All server changes are put into a thread by Maarten and distributed to the public at the end of the month. I assume this change will be featured in it. There is no need to bash or slander saying we don’t have announcements, especially when we do. The thread is posted on the forums for everyone to view and a notification is sent out on the discord server.

biggybur

First Step
All server changes are put into a thread by Maarten and distributed to the public at the end of the month. I assume this change will be featured in it. There is no need to bash or slander saying we don’t have announcements, especially when we do. The thread is posted on the forums for everyone to view and a notification is sent out on the discord server.
In what video game have you ever played do they make live updates and tell you it at the end of the month? ... Sorry but you are asking to be bashed if this is how the staff functions, honestly not impressed

Crackalackin

Iron Miner
The one who posted this thread got ignorant and immature responses from staff members on skyblock. It's clear that most staff are biased towards one side, but I don't blame them since majority of them are still young.

Honestly, I don't think an official statement will be made until Maarten posts an update log.

What I do know is that threads aren't considered as slander just because it includes negative opinions. We don't live in some rainbow pony land where everyone is happy with the world.

OP
OP
A

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher

First of all, I wasn't saying anything about the monthly update thread. I think it's a great edition for the players to get updated on the new stuff.

A lot of people that don't play Skyblock don't seem to understand the gravity of this situation, so I'll give you some insight. Let's say you have an island with 600,000 blocks placed, giving you 30,000 levels. Well, overnight, those 600,000 blocks value absolutely nothing, and your effort & money that went into placing them is just gone, unannounced & ignored.

If you think it's normal to make such a huge change unannounced, I don't have anything left to say.

I've been trying to talk to helpers, mods, the admin. Everyone ignores me and it's pretty clear why. Out of the 10 islands on /is top, #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #7, #9, #10 (8/10) are inactive or not playing anymore, so nobody cares because they were not on the top.

Now here's the sad part. Me & my partner have a combined amount of around $1,300 (real life) in just spawners, not including other items + the most expensive rank & the second expensive rank on my account. Now I'm not saying we expect special treatment, we just find it disrespectful to get ignored by almost everyone in staff or get passed around & not get AT LEAST an answer on what's going to happen after we've lost so much.

kyle Brooks

First Step
maybe you could add a command to see all the block values or a warp that takes you to a place where it is all displayed because i find it hard to see the value of blocks (even with /is value) as you have to have them in your inventory to check the value.

just a thought :)

Au5

Iron Miner
maybe you could add a command to see all the block values or a warp that takes you to a place where it is all displayed because i find it hard to see the value of blocks (even with /is value) as you have to have them in your inventory to check the value.

just a thought :)

this has been requested before but got shut down cause there was already a way to see a blocks value (not all the blocks. just a singular block that you were holding I believe)

Sorry but you are asking to be bashed if this is how the staff functions, honestly not impressed
In what world do you think this is going to get you anywhere. As Cody said.

I don't see this post getting any further attention about the issue because it has already happened. we have established that it was not a bug and is now ow it is meant to be. we know that change will feature in the update log at the end of the month. we know that some skyblock members are very pissed off about this.

Now I'm not saying we expect special treatment, we just find it disrespectful to get ignored by almost everyone in staff or get passed around & not get AT LEAST an answer on what's going to happen after we've lost so much.

A lot of the staff are helpers or young and even if they did give you an answer you would shrug it off. they also have a lot of other more serious issues to deal with (at this point i would say a chat report is more serious than this). staff don't always have time to answer your questions as you aren't the only person on the server. Those staff that pass you on or ignore you, maybe they don't know what to say or how to deal with you.

At the end of the day this has happened and it will feature in the update log. i don't see complaining, getting you anywhere. i think you are better off devoting the time and effort you are using to moan about what happened, to start rebuilding your island seeing as it means so much to you.

OP
OP
A

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
this has been requested before but got shut down cause there was already a way to see a blocks value (not all the blocks. just a singular block that you were holding I believe)

In what world do you think this is going to get you anywhere. As Cody said.

I don't see this post getting any further attention about the issue because it has already happened. we have established that it was not a bug and is now ow it is meant to be. we know that change will feature in the update log at the end of the month. we know that some skyblock members are very pissed off about this.

A lot of the staff are helpers or young and even if they did give you an answer you would shrug it off. they also have a lot of other more serious issues to deal with (at this point i would say a chat report is more serious than this). staff don't always have time to answer your questions as you aren't the only person on the server. Those staff that pass you on or ignore you, maybe they don't know what to say or how to deal with you.

At the end of the day this has happened and it will feature in the update log. i don't see complaining, getting you anywhere. i think you are better off devoting the time and effort you are using to moan about what happened, to start rebuilding your island seeing as it means so much to you.

Apparently everything that has been said in this thread completely flew by your head.

1. I would "shrug off" answers? I don't even get answers to shrug off my dude. Nobody's been answering me or they keep saying they don't know. They don't know what to say? Or how to deal with me? Well, tell you what my dude, I've repeated myself countless times to every. single. one. of them & I linked them this very thread for them to read. Now you tell me they are young, are you saying they're too young to read or type?

2. Staff members are too busy. Cool. I get it. How long did it take you to read this post? & how long does it take you to type a message in-game? Not to mention I'm a European based player, so I play when the server is empty. There are absolutely no excuses here, no matter how hard you try. And one more thing? When I messaged a helper on Realms there were 13 people on & nobody was talking to him. Tell me that's too many.

3. I can't believe your thought process on this. In what universe do you & other staff members think this is okay? Do you actually know what 600,00 blocks placed looks like? Do you actually know how long it takes to place those? Honestly I can start placing other blocks. How am I to know they're not gonna change those as well? Since they wanted to fix "level boosting", but only fixing 1 block.

4. You say a lot of Skyblock members are pissed about this. Yes, it's true, but they're more pissed about the reasoning behind this. They fixed a block, not all of them. While packed ice was the preferred block to earn levels, there are other blocks that give you just as many points that were not changed (grass, jungle trees, etc). So the "level boosting" is not fixed AT ALL so it didn't make ANY sense changing just one.

I'm trying my very best to stay reasonable, but I've come to the conclusion that absolutely nobody in this staff team, since I've talked to everyone I've seen online, gives a f about this, which is great. Everyone keeps finding excuses because that's the way to go. It doesn't matter how much I've devoted myself to this server, not to mention (again) the items/ranks & their worth in real life money.

I can at least applaud most of the staff for having the same tunnel vision. At least you get this right, what can I say.

Maxwell

First Step
What's the point of /is top if all you do is placed packed ice? It seemed inevitable that this would be patched since islands like yours ruin the point of /is top. In my opinion island top should be reserved for islands filled to the brim with builds and not just massive ice cubes.

Au5

Iron Miner
What's the point of /is top if all you do is placed packed ice? It seemed inevitable that this would be patched since islands like yours ruin the point of /is top. In my opinion island top should be reserved for islands filled to the brim with builds and not just massive ice cubes.

i quite like this. however to judge this you would need a persons thought process which is why its not that way. each block has a value. the only idea i could think of would be to introduce a new scheme where people visit your island to vote it up or down but this become like creative. i get that you are pissed because you spent so many hours placing packed ice to get your island onto that /is top but seriously. the value of peoples islands change constantly. its like factions, there is always a chance that the next time you log on, something is wrong. well this time they just happened to change the value of packed ice. i am sure there have been many changes that we have not heard about. at the end of the day if you are that annoyed about it you can go start from scratch on another server but this is what happened. seeing as you have "spoken to every staff you have seen online" and nothing has happened, i dear say this is the way things will remain. i don't see any need to continue this thread.

OP
OP
A

_ap0cryphal

Tree Puncher
This will be my last response to this thread.

i get that you are pissed because you spent so many hours placing packed ice to get your island onto that /is top but seriously. the value of peoples islands change constantly. its like factions, there is always a chance that the next time you log on, something is wrong. well this time they just happened to change the value of packed ice.

Skyblock is not like Factions. You cannot get raided, you cannot get scammed (well you can, but it's punishable). It's a very different gameplay that doesn't rely on scams or raids.

With that being said, my partner got a response from Marten. He said that every block will be changed (value-wise) & all the islands will be updated for the new values. That was all we needed to hear. He didn't say when the update it's happening though.

I think the debate is over. Please close the thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.