1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Greafing!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Dkgraffiti, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

I wanna give my feed back cause of what I seen today. To start I don't know everything and I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble. I just wanna clear this up. From the way I read it the rules are saying if a base has no sponge u can't raid it in survival. Unless it's abandoned and you know it is for fact. If u rob one and someone can prove u did and it was theirs then u could be banned. The issue I have is when I started out for some reason I didn't get a starting sponge like others. Why idk. Point is I was so scared to build my base without one. Back to the point. When I got on today there was like 3 new people wanting to know if base raiding was ok. I tried to tell them what the rules say but I got shot down by 2 vip+ ranks and a helper who said if there's no sponge it's fair game. The thing that bothers me is the helper saying this. I won't name him as I said not looking to tell on anyone just wanna make things clear. The helper said it takes 45 days of inactivity to lose a sponge. He said if there's no sponge it must be abandoned. So you can rob it. What if u are like me and don't get a starting sponge and wanna build a base? Sure I have 2 now so I'm good but I'm worried about the new players losing their base or getting banned for being given wrong info by a helper. I think the rule should be covered publicly where everyone can see what the final verdict is so there's no confusion. Not for me not for you but for all the new people wondering so they can't give some excuse. Just my opinion. Ps how do i delete old threads?

2. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

iAshyyy
    Sponges are easy to get, its not a rare item and theyre not super expensive to buy either so playing the game without one isn't needed. Unclaimed areas are allowed for anyone to take cause you get the tools to protect your builds.
    And you can't delete old threads, only admins and the owner can.

3. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

What about this part in bold listed in the rules?? "Griefing means intentionally destroying buildings of other players, this is allowed on the Factions server and is sometimes referred to as 'raiding' on the Factions server."

Survival, Skyblock and Creative are friendly servers. Griefing should not be possible with sponge protection and skyblock island protection or without adding people to your plot, but griefing is not allowed even if you find a way to do so.

4. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

The way I read it. It's saying u should have a protection sponge to prevent such things but just cause there's no sponge doesn't mean u can raid it. And it took me 3 days of grinding to get my first sponge.

5. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

So why do the rules say one thing but you and other helpers say it's ok?? That's why I'm so confused you and other helpers are telling people they can raid in survival but the rules say they cant. Which is it? That's why I think it should be covered publicly so it can be cleared up.

6. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

I just don't want myself or anyone else doing the wrong thing. I don't want u to say it's ok then I get in trouble cause I decide to raid. That's what I'm trying to avoid that's why I didn't mention the other helpers name. My intent isn't to go over heads or get someone yelled at. Just don't wanna do what I'm told is ok and be punished for it later.

7. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Iron Miner

You see, there's a reason why the text "Entering [name]'s region" pops up when you enter regions.
    Sponges prove that the player owns that region and without the sponge, there's just no proof.

Complaining about your house being griefed when you didn't place a sponge is like telling the police that your house you built in some random forest got destroyed by someone in real life. Anyone can destroy that house because noone legally owns that place.

Sponge = proof of ownership.

Additionally, when people say they didn't get a sponge in the beginning, they probably died with it before realizing what sponges do or threw/put it away.

8. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

I get what ur saying now. I was confused cause I didn't know why helpers say one thing but the rules countered that. I'm glad to know that now cause I was worried someone would mess up and do it and get in trouble. And the sponge thing is when I say I didn't start with one I don't mean cause the server didn't give me one. I'm just saying I didn't have one when building my base. Probably for the same reasons u mentioned. So with that said do you think we can implement something to let players know about the sponge as soon as they join? Or where to buy them. When I got my first one I didn't know u could buy them in shop and got one for 35k in the AH. Which was 20k more then she shop charges. And I had to spend 15k extra to turn pvp off.

9. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

iAshyyy
    There's an information page on the forums that everyone can check out, if new people don't take time to check how things work on our server then it's not much we can do about it.

10. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

Yea that's true. If they cared about playing on the server then yea they would. Ok if I have any other ideas I'll bring them up here.

11. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Iron Miner

/warp new is the best player-made information warp I've seen.

12. Dkgraffiti

Dkgraffiti Tree Puncher

Oh I didn't know that nice I'll look and see if there's info I could use