1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

4 Chunk Render Distance on Skyblock

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 4three, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4three

4three First Step

4three
    Dear Snapcraft Community,
    I am an active Player on Skyblock and I did notice, that too my mind the render distance is too short.
    There are several reason for that beeing:
    1. If you have a 100x100 island you cant see the whole area if youre standing in a corner.
    2. Big structures and buildings dont get loaded. For Example, I am building a 120x100 Castle on my Island, since I bought the 250x250 Upgrade. But building something huge like this is not possible, because if it would be finished, nobody could see the true size and beautifulness of the project.
    3. If the chunk loading got increased by ~2-4 Chunks, the server would not lag more, because I guess 90% of the islands are 100x100. If the render distance got farther, most of the times it would not create much more lag, since redstone is reduced on the server and not much more blocks would get loaded on the 100x100 islands.
    And on the 100x100 islands, chunks dont need to get loaded over and over again, if the player moves slightly, since they are already loaded.

This Change would help a lot, since many beautiful islands would look prettier if you visit them, because big buildings only look if theyre loaded completely, I guess :-D

I hope you can increase the render distance to 8 Chunks, since at the moment its at 4. And to be honest: Nobody plays at a render distance of 4 Chunks nowadays :)

Btw. - other Skyblock Servers have the render distance set at 8-10 Chunks aswell..
    I think it would be a very nice change a lot of players.

Greetings,
    4three

• Like Like x 1
  2. 4three

4three First Step

4three
    Why is nobody replying to this?

• Like Like x 1
  3. LaMVP

LaMVP Stone Miner

LaMVP
    Well, the chunk distance doesn’t really bother me tbh