1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Prison Suggestions | Please Read

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Hris, Jul 5, 2019.

?

Should there be a Prison Reset

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    Dear Snapcrafters,

This thread is about our awesome, non-OP Prison.

I’m sure a lot of threads like that were made. Most of them didn’t succeed. Talked today with Maarten about suggestions. So heres my list where I’ve collected suggestions (to add or change something), players opinions and my thoughts. (Everything here is for after a reset)

PVP

1. Yesterday, 4th of July 2019 people have discovered that notch/enchanted golden apples are no longer craftable. We can get them by the crates – Common, Uncommon, Vote, Rare and Legendary. Maarten said that they were too OP and it will be better without them. A lot of people that are mostly in the prison for the PvP don’t like it.

-What can be made:

~Lowering the percentage of gold ore spawning in the mines.

~Mobs can drop Enchanted Golden Apples.

~By killing Odor/Zodor

2. Axes McMMO is a common thing for most of the PvP players. Some have 400 others have 6000.

These high levels aren’t good for the normal PvP. A player with more than 3k Axes can easily break a god set. That’s not fair for the new players who have Protection 4 Unbreaking 3 Armour. They are getting killed easily by the old ones. McMMO or atleast McMMO Axes should be removed.

Mining

1. A lot of people have mined and mined. Some of them got to Prestige III. The next place they can go to is FREE. But is it worth it? The 2 active players that are now in FREE (Devil_Within_You and Kcin2 say that everything from the world is taken, all the rare blocks are now gone. Their opinion is that on every new FREE player the Free world should reset. They also said that the world is too small. My opinion is that the FREE world should reset on every new player and it should be atleast 5000 x 5000 blocks big.

https://snapcraft.net/threads/22595/ - Devil’s thread about FREE world.

2. Make the Efficiency on Starter Picks higher. It will help the new players start gaining money faster.

General

1. In the last month or two the price for repair tokens has been doubled. That’s causing less players to use God Picks. Suggestions that people gave are:

1.1. To remove the repair tokens. That might be a little problem for the server store, BUT as Maarten said “Notch Apples are op”. If the gaps are op then repair tokens are super op. Anvils should be made to not show the “Too expensive” sign and items can be repaired unlimitted amounts.

2. A lot of people have quit in the past few months. I’ve asked a lot of still playing and some players that quit what would you want most in the server. What they said was “Reset”. Prison has been never reset (I don’t count the hard drive failure or the thing that caused people’s Mine rank to wipe)

I hope that people will agree with me and that a reset could happen soon. I will get more motivation to play on Snapcraft. It’s a nice server, but some changes should be made

-Vape

P.S. Put your opinion on my poll

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    Also type your suggestions down here :-D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    McMMO axes is capped btw so that is not an issue.

Repair tokens are more widely available after the second update than before as they are now dropped by all blocks. As for them being OP they have a cooldown in PvP and buying a god pickaxe should not result in it breaking without a way to repair.

I will have to say people come and go that is how the server works. There is still plenty of things to do for most players.

Thank you for the suggestions I will consider them when working on Prison.

4. AyyItsAido

AyyItsAido First Step

Clutchy360
    Would a reset on Prison not just discourage the players who had worked hard for their items to quit as well? I play Prisons very minimally, but often in the chat, the topic of a server reset is brought up, more often than not however, players say they would quit if there was a reset due to the amount of progress they would lose.

5. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    Yes, some players might quit BUT I have talked with a lot of the old ones who also are rich and what they've said is that they will return. I've never seen someone say that he will quit when someone brings the topic

6. Black8Panther

Black8Panther First Step

RageVulcan
    Prison Boss
  7. KalebGDawg12

KalebGDawg12 Tree Puncher

KalebGDawg
    2. Axes McMMO is a common thing for most of the PvP players. Some have 400 others have 6000.

These high levels aren’t good for the normal PvP. A player with more than 3k Axes can easily break a god set. That’s not fair for the new players who have Protection 4 Unbreaking 3 Armour. They are getting killed easily by the old ones. McMMO or atleast McMMO Axes should be removed.

you said that but that is why they got rid of crafting gapples basically your now gonna complain about axes...

anyway it dont really matter cause half the good player population has quit. BUT when you do start stacking gsets and other stuff (axes, levels, and a good majority of mcmmo) it tends to get boring so people leave the server (Newbies and good players).

I do not like what they have done to the gapples but i feel it will add a new aspect to the game in the future.

-NeedaShorName

8. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Our mcMMO is custom and does not have those issues.

9. KalebGDawg12

KalebGDawg12 Tree Puncher

KalebGDawg
    Players may not want to quit if they get a reward for a certain mile point? Devil one of the few top rank players made a thread similar to this but NOT complaining but instead recommending if they DO a prison reset all top rank player (as in the best mine) receive a reward for their huge accomplishment.

BTW you should really check prison out some more, its really fun when you get to know some of the players

-NeedaShorName

10. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Everyone that is FREE when a reset were to happen will get a reward.

11. Devil_Within_You

Devil_Within_You First Step

Devil_Within_You
    I personally think Prison would benefit from a reset, it is probably well overdue. I commend this server for allowing people to finish to the last rank, but how many people do you let go to the end in order to have a reset, like i said in the free world suggestion to be honest new players whom are wanting to get to Free i would say don't bother. The world is pretty much next to useless, when i first made it to free, i managed to find small amounts of anything good there. Clay was scarce and still is, villages with no villagers, apart from gathering blocks etc you wouldn't find in the shop is probably the only thing free is good for at the moment. A suggestion if there is going to be one in the future would be more Mines not just p1-3 then a leap to free maybe p1-10, the rankup amount from p3 to free is a very big amount yes we made it there with perseverance and sweat so to speak but it is a long hauled and the amount is too high with the 500b rankup there should of been 2 more mines slotted in. Also change typing /warp prestige1 to /warp p1 would be better.

Also take out teleporting and revert to /plot h name, i know those without ranks only have 1 sethome and normally has more plots they would love to go sell too that are not always /pwarped than just the one they sethome at, this way will also allow for staff/players to go back to a scammers plot to get said evidence if scam sign etc is left on plot. it will also allow friends to go to their friends plot easier especially if they couldnt sethome at that plot.

@KalebGDawg12 you say half of the population has quit, with any server people come and go, ive seen people say they are going to quit yet to see them back the next day. However with people leaving there is always new people starting the server. In my timezone generally in the evening yes there isnt as many people on that is because most of america is sleeping, however on my mornings there is alot of people on the server. Yes prob old school peeps have left and you do see them back on from time to time, ive heard some say we probably will come back when there is a reset, as the server is probably too old for them now.

#11 Devil_Within_You, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. beast_machine

beast_machine First Step

In my opinion id love the idea of a reset especially if they was to implement some of these really creative ideas people have had. especially with the idea that all FREE world players would begin with a reward, this would make the effort of getting to FREE world worth it.

Also with the argument of people quitting for one reason or another is an invalid argument. Martin is right this server works of people coming and going people will always have theirs reasons to join the server and always have there reason to stop playing so its an never ending battle battle of trying to please everybody.

13. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    Thanks for your comment Beast <3.
    You are right about people quitting is an invalid argument. Thank you for the time you took to write this.
    Also I'm pretty sure Mods will soon say "Don't post on old threads" and I want to ask you to not lock the thread. Please.

14. Furbos

Furbos Iron Miner

Sounds really good. I am looking to get into prison a bit more. :-D

15. Abe Mes

Abe Mes First Step

Jaklias
    I'd like to point out that while some are free, the people that are really close would be destroyed by not receiving any reward just because they didn't quite make it. I don't know if it would be possible to do different levels of rewards, but if so I think that would prevent almost everyone from possibly leaving.

16. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    Good luck into it! :)

17. Hris

Hris Stone Miner

4sv
    That's an awesome idea! I'd love it.

18. Ryan_Frantz

Ryan_Frantz First Step

Rfrogz12
    Here is the one problem for me I would have with a reset. As for someone who has been spending money on the server for myself and others and who is a huge donor towards the server, I would hate to see the prison reset and everything I have purchased from shop is now gone as if I never bought any of the items and spent the money to get them.