Skins

iamontda

Void Walker
Hello everybody! You may or may not know that I create skins. I love doing it as a hobby, and I've created many skins for myself, and even a few requests for others. EVERYTHING is 100% original, except for a few designs that are improved upon and/or have specific parts adapted into another skin. Nearly all of my skins were created in McSkin3D.

What I've decided to do is post the skins that I've made in the order that I made them, and give a little shpeal about them. Hopefully I get the order right, But this is especially a random thing (Since I made a few 1.8 skins and THEN a few normal ones). So, without further ado, let's take a look at my first ever skin!

-----------------------

Skin 1: The Skin That Must Not Be Named

Well, this one certainly isn't as bad as I make it sound. I attempted to base the head off of LividCoffee's (Lalna's) skin, plus the goggles from his same design. This was a very generic skin, and I've only really been good with male skins anyways. I pretty much made this so that I wasn't just a Steve. I made an improved version later, but I probably made this back in early 2012 or something with Paint. It's a good thing that I at least tried to shade some.

sPmr2ex.png

This is all that I can post for now, but expect more tomorrow!

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Thanks for the feedback! :) There are plenty more skins to look at. This time I'm posting two since I made both of them around 16 months ago.

Skin 2: Thaumcraft Mage

This is the skin that I've used for the longest time, and I think I'm the most proud of (because it's such a comfortable thing to use). Again, I'm only good at really creating male skins, and at the time I was completely satisfied with that idea on the internet. It's basically a purple tunic/ robe thing that has a Thaumcraft crystal on the back and golden fabric outline, plus green goggles and green shoes. The design felt basic, so I added the golden pattern into the arms and down in red onto the hand guards. Shading was still really sketchy, but it was better than previously.

OhRe5Ky.png

Skin 3: The Fixed Skin That Can Be Named But Isn't Named

Yyyyyup, this is the fixed version of the first skin. Basically I changed the eyes, made the goggles go on top of his head (plus made them a very nice blue), changed the shoes, and made the emblem on the back from Space Invaders. I was going through a little phase and loved putting some form of Space Invaders on skins.

XgD9Rpv.png

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Both of these are from about 10 months ago.

Skin 4: Dae

This skin was simply an elf that I scratched up for a fantasy-themed Minecraft server. I really enjoyed the outcome actually, but I still had difficulties with shading skins and kept the latter of this untouched. However, I learnt a lot about adding a splash of color to skins while still keeping it relatively simple.

pwEPAx5.png

Skin 5: Mike

I created this skin, called Mike, for a tutorial on using McSkin3D (It was never posted because I have the ability to make a better tutorial). It has pretty much all the components of a fantastically simple skin, and I loved the design on the back of his hoodie. As you can probably tell, the skins have mostly the same face design, and I couldn't really pull out of the same hair and face design until later.

c9fAR1Z.png

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Thanks again :) Now we're at the point where it starts to get weird. I had a phase or something.

These two are like... The laziest skins ever. They're based off of Alec's old skin, but have the new Aeries cloak design (That's the A on the back) and silver lining on the cloak. They're both around 7 months or so old.

Skin 6: MLP

Pretty much just red...

TxIvLkO.png

Skin 7: 8-Bit

This is actually based off of a background character in a few MLP comics. Still really weird.

rqea8at.png

Aaaand here's the skin they're based off of (Alec's old skin; it has the older cloak style, though):

9krHdMX.png

Now we can move on the the good stuff!

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Okay, the good stuff! Both of these skins are REALLY fantastic designs that are for 1.8, and Planet Minecraft really enjoyed them too. This time I'll show the key points of the skins, and also what they look like without some armour on.

Skin 8: Warrior Armour

I based this one off of a pretty complex 1.7 armour design, then simply made it less complicated and added my own little touches. I don't have the original, unfortunately, but you can probably tell that it was based off of something else. The armour on the arms and the armour on the shirt also no-clip through each other, so I decided to display the back design without the arms (ARM-our... no? Okay).

E2cSz5U.png

Skin 9: Ninja & Pirate

Okay, so THIS is pretty much my pride and joy of all skins, and was the most fun and satisfying of anything I'd ever created. EVER. This is completely original, except for maybe the sword, I can't remember. I heard that you could toggle what armour you want displayed in 1.8- Thus, why not put in a little surprise? Take off the headgear, and you have a professional pirate, free of charge.

You can also take off whatever parts of the armour you want and it'll still be pretty cool.

First Part: Full Armour

umJcqRz.png
w8VWwoe.png

Second Part: Less Armour + Pirate

BvrVRhT.png

I'll link the account that all of these are posted on, but I'm waiting because I don't want to give away any designs that I still have to post. :)

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Thanks again :) Now we're at the point where it starts to get weird. I had a phase or something.

These two are like... The laziest skins ever. They're based off of Alec's old skin, but have the new Aeries cloak design (That's the A on the back) and silver lining on the cloak. They're both around 7 months or so old.

Skin 6: MLP

Pretty much just red...

TxIvLkO.png

Skin 7: 8-Bit

This is actually based off of a background character in a few MLP comics. Still really weird.

rqea8at.png

Aaaand here's the skin they're based off of (Alec's old skin; it has the older cloak style, though):

9krHdMX.png

Now we can move on the the good stuff!

Sooooo is alec a brony or something? xD

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
A walrus with a suit... Sure! Both may look a bit generic because I'll reference photos of real walruses, walrus skins, and suits/ suit skins. I probably wont be done with it until some time tomorrow though, because I have under an hour to do anything today, and making the base itself without shading may take that long. I hope you don't mind :)

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Okay, now for the questions for the suit; making a walrus face that was 100% original was satisfying. BUT, for the suit: Open, closed, bowtie, tie, open suit, closed suit, what specifics? Stripes, plain, etc... Also, if you want a tie or anything, make sure to tell me what color you think of. Also, suit color. Preferably not brown, since that would probably look like the walrus' skin.

One time I took a Dalek skin and just added a bowtie to it and wore it for the Dalek Mod official server. Lols.

I was also going to record the creation of the skin, but uh... it didn't record the part that I just created with the face. Whoops. Well, at least you'll see the creation of the suit.

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
Would you not mind making a Panda in a suit? Nice little bowtie with the front opened up with a white shirt or such :-P

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Sure Ryan. I hope you don't mind that I use the same panda head design that Maarten/ your skin has, unless you want me to shade the head. Also, striped suit or just solid?

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Cool. Your skin will be started and finished tomorrow, and Creeper's as well if he responds.

Creeper1o8

Zombie Killer
Okay, now for the questions for the suit; making a walrus face that was 100% original was satisfying. BUT, for the suit: Open, closed, bowtie, tie, open suit, closed suit, what specifics? Stripes, plain, etc... Also, if you want a tie or anything, make sure to tell me what color you think of. Also, suit color. Preferably not brown, since that would probably look like the walrus' skin.

One time I took a Dalek skin and just added a bowtie to it and wore it for the Dalek Mod official server. Lols.

I was also going to record the creation of the skin, but uh... it didn't record the part that I just created with the face. Whoops. Well, at least you'll see the creation of the suit.
Well, I want you to choose the suit and the walrus face. I mean i want you to have fun with it and me be happy too ;-) stay creative