1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Factions economy balance

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Toto73085, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    Well, as you well know, factions is a p2w server, i mean, u have to buy all to be strong and not get raided, or play 23hrs a day
    ok, so my suggestion is that u change the economy in the shop, specificaly, in the minery part, like an emerald is 27$ that's not worth go mining and spending time finding it, could u make these more valuables?

2. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Mining gives you keys, those keys get you spawners which in turn get you money. If we up the prices of ores we just get more xrayers

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. AyyItsAido

AyyItsAido First Step

Clutchy360
    I agree with Maarten here, the low value of ores deters people from x-raying, raising the value of ores would only encourage x-raying. Maybe you could find alternative ways to make money that are more efficient instead?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    Mining u can get the keys, true
    NOW
    i've never got one thing in these chests that are not books of xp
    yeah u got the chance of mostly getting a common crate, which doesn't has spawners, now yeah, u can got the unccomon crate but that doesn't have spawners neither
    Now if u are extremely lucky with the 1% of a rare crate, u'll get a rare key, which has spawners (i think the percentaje of the common crate to the rare crate s like 0,10% because of all the other things.)
    So the solution is??
    Oh yeah, btw u can't make money easy here, nobody buys nothing because they are very poor, or very rich
    So the reaper is outplayed
    now YES in the reaper crate u can get ceegs or a gapple, but if u are starting, luck if u have the chance to touch the reaper, a guy OverPowered has to help u, because not even with p1 u can tank it when it's supposed to be the most easy boss of the server.
    so, another ways to make money? mining? making gapps?, sure let's go to a 2 hour mining to make 3 gaps, sounds worth it
    I don't think the x-rayers would be a problem if u have a plugin to see if someone is x-raying. and believe me, there are lots of these.

5. redstonedudeHD

redstonedudeHD First Step

redstonedudeHD
    hey toto, you have 1M on the server, that's plenty to buy at least 2-3 creeper spawners, make the gunpowder in firework stars for maximum profit. might I suggest turning coal diamond emerald etc. into the block form? they sell for a lot more that way! except for gold and iron, make them into golden apples and iron doors for maximum profit. making everyone in your faction vote everyday is also very good, with just 4/5 people in my fac we can 20 keys a day, if everyone in my fac trades with the other servers, thats over 100 vote keys a day, how op is that? :-D, that's in an ideal world however, and we often miss days xD.

6. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    Yeah, dude, the problem starts when u start playing, u don't got a cent and don't know where to start, usually i'd have left but there were some people that kept me on the sv

7. redstonedudeHD

redstonedudeHD First Step

redstonedudeHD
    voting can get you 2000 from voting alone, nevermind the things you get in the crate, thats enough for me to get a eff5 diamond pick, possibly more if im lucky.

8. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    Also, if u have to trade keys with other server that just shows fac just not works ;-;

9. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    You get an eff5 pickaxe, if you're lucky because i mostly get books, what do u do with it? mine and sell blocks per 1$ each? at the end of the day that's just a waste of time

10. AyyItsAido

AyyItsAido First Step

Clutchy360
    Toto, you understand that in Factions, it's not solely based on Mining, if you want to do that, go onto Prison, complaining about one aspect of the economy is unnecessary when there is still alternative ways to make money.

11. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    Alternative ways to make money? Tell me atleas 3 methods when you're starting

12. AyyItsAido

AyyItsAido First Step

Clutchy360
    Don't play factions, but sure, using reference from other servers.
    1. Make some sort of farm, (not sure if this is profitable, but it requires very minimal playtime to do, nether-wart, pumpkin, melon, etc).
    2. Sell your Vote Keys, plenty are sold for $5,000 each (may be out-dated price) on /ah, if you vote 6 times a day, (one of the vote websites refreshes every 12 hours). Then that's $30,000. Enough to get a few spawners, although only bad ones.
    3. Fight bosses, you can also use the money you got from the two options above, to invest in good gear and fight the Reaper or Surtur. Get those keys and sell them.
    4. Join an already geared faction and they should be able to keep you geared.

That should be a few ways to kick-start your factions experience.
    Also, trade vote keys from other servers to get more than 6/day.

13. Toto73085

Toto73085 Tree Puncher

Toto73085
    The farm? that's not profitable until you are big.
    Sell your votekeys, what?? this is external source of money that the server gives you, and doesn't feel funny, vote and get money!!
    bosses? the reaper in p4, i've died a couple times.
    join an already geared faction, wtf if i want to make mine.