1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

All Things Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by PieIsGood, Jul 9, 2019.

1. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

Coming from someone who has played on this server for about five years now, I have had the pleasure to experience all the ups and down of Snapcraft as well as changes on the factions server more specifically. Myself and many of my friends believe the factions server has become more dynamic and fun to play throughout the years, however, I think there are a few things the server could add that would make it more balanced, interesting, and fun to play.
    1. I think there should be a new rank that is higher than Immortal. Before I get a bunch of replies saying things like "that would be imbalanced, unfair, and OP" or "why do we need a new rank,” it is important to know that there used to be a time before Immortal (factions) Ultra (survival) and even Paladin (kitpvp) existed, and the addition of higher ranks merely added instead of disrupted the economy and playstyles of the server. The factions server's definition of "balanced" is whatever the kits in ranks, prices in shop, and willingness of the factions population to buy goods from the store is. Adding another rank does not neccessarily mean creating a kit of protection 5 unbreaking 5, or protection 6, or anything that is stronger for that matter. Adding another rank would only mean having something that is better than Immortal, and while a kit with another gapple, and more sponges/obsidian/tnt/xp bottles would be fine, making the armor something like protection 5 unbreaking 4 would not be the most unbalanced thing in the world–especially since this would only make armor a percent or two more durable the way the scaling in unbreaking works(*see bottom note) and would help bridge the gap between completely maxed out armor (unbreaking 10) which very few (if any) have, and typical "good gear." The new rank could also give a piece of paper that grants money/enchant levels, a key, or something a little more valuable in the standard 48 hour /kit or perhaps have special kit like kitpvp which would be something like /kit+ and would have a longer cooldown. Maybe this special kit could be a legendary key, or a 10000 enchant level paper every 240 hours or something like that. Finally, adding this rank would also help Snapcraft's finances and boost the actual IRL economy. Many loyal players like myself and committed donors with Immortal ranks (probably around the 30-40 mark) have maxed out ranks and are rich ingame and would be more than willing to trade IG spawners or ingame cash for a real rank. Especially after the reset, people would want to upgrade just for the mcmmo levels. Needless to say, this would also give Snapcraft more money which has its obvious benefits (better maintenance, servers, more for plugins, and a happier owner ;d)
    2. Adding a few vanilla/custom enchantments and changing the pricing of enchantments. Considering there is a sharpness 6 axe in addition to the +4 damage from mcmmo axes, the vanilla enchantments I would add would be knockback 3, punch 3, power 6, feather falling 5 (less important), and fire aspect 3/flame 3. These enchantments (with some less important than others) would mirror the current enchantments better. Mainly knockback 3, punch 3, and power 6 seem like the most obvious. I also think that the pricing for custom enchants are quite expensive considering the methods of obtaining enchant tokens. Maybe reducing unbreaking 9/10 and sentimental 9/10 to lower values could make it seem more attainable for lower and non-rank players.
    3. Rethinking axes. The main reason people max out axes is for the increased armor damage and +4 damage, however, when I think of axes I think of the older days of Snapcraft when players would get “critical hits”. I think re-adding this would be great since longer 1v1s and end fights get quite boring and spammy with more durable armor and lots of gaps. I think that 20% or 15% crit chances are perhaps too high, so maybe changing it to 10% or maybe even 5% at lv 1000 axes could work.
    4. Make bows more relevant. Fighting can get a little boring with click spamming, and having bows become more powerful (especially with power 6 and a potential punch 3) could mix things up. Adding power 6 in certain chests only (like sharpness 6 axes) would be fine. I also think that custom enchants on bows like confusion, poison/wither, or a custom enchant like “root” which makes the person stuck in place for 5 seconds could be cool. Maybe the addition of the new arrows could be added? I also think that mcmmo archery is incredibly hard to level and underpowered which would be an easy fix.
    5. Spawner picks. This potentially connects back to my first point: I think that spawner picks should become more accessible and/or cheaper in the shop. Maybe making the new rank get a /kit spawner or /kit spawner pick which grants them a spawner pick every week or so would help incorporate more picks into the economy. Adding them in the ingame /shop could work too, but I think that using spawner picks on any spawner except for IGs, pigmen, or creepers does not make economical sense at the current moment.
    6. Adding /spectate to /duels and adding kit specific duels like in kitpvp. Face it, real 1v1s almost never happen at /warp pvp, and some people would love to watch duels–especially if they have supplied their faction member with gaps and gear. I also think that a potential betting system would be interesting, but that would have its own set of problems (rigged fighting etc.) that could potentially fit the factions mentality or not.
    7. Adding (obviously expensive) wither spawners and more wither in the nether, but with insanely reduced drop rates (.1%?) and reduced spawn rates, or changing the pricing of wither spawn eggs but with reduced spawn rates. At the moment they seem ridiculous to obtain for anyone outside of /ftop 3.
    8. Adding a screenshot or video that shows the enchantments for weapon and armor gsets the same way that excavation pickaxes are shown on the snapcraft.net store. Given gsets are just enchantments unlike the special capacity of the excavation picks, a screenshot would be more logical than a video.

* Unlike tools, unbreaking is less effective on armor and the chance of armor losing a durablity point is calculated by the formula--> (60 + (40/(Level+1)))%, so the difference between 1,2,3 is huge, but 9 and 10 less so. Think of it as an exponentially declining chance.

Thank you for reading this list, almost all of these suggestions have also come from faction members, friends in other factions, and players I have talked to on the server as well as my own personal opinion from someone who cares deeply about this server. I look forward to what you all have to say!
    ~DreamSupreme

#1 PieIsGood, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikey_ftw

mikey_ftw First Step

FetusFeast
    I can really get behind the increased bow enchantments. Bows are a great weapon, but i feel like they can be underpowered versus a maxed out opponent. Perhaps at a Legendary and Legendary 2 bow to the crate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesnowymaster

thesnowymaster First Step

TheSnowymaster
    I agree with him! Please listen to what he has to say. Also could you add
    Schematics please its is very hard to build farms.

4. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

@mikey_ftw I like the crate idea with having legendary 1/2 bows the same way there are axes at that level. Since legendary 2 crates are the only way to get sharp 6 axes and that there is no way to /enchant axes to sharp 6, having bows share that would make sense.

5. CasuallyAnnoying

CasuallyAnnoying
    Survival King
    Not bad suggestions, but that font. Sheesh. +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

Glad you like them. Wrote this in word since it’s been something I’ve been adding to and taking away from as updates come out and other suggestions have been accepted/denied.

7. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Why is everything so small <(")

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

@Maarten fixed... maybe it’s because I’ve been spending too much time in Amsterdam lately :-P

9. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Thank you that is much more pleasant for my eyes!

10. thesnowymaster

TheSnowymaster
    I would really appreciate
    Schematics and that reast because i would love to spend more money to support the server, but im starting to get bored sorry to say.

11. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Iron Miner

Schematica is not allowed and they're not gonna add it

12. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

Thank you for suggesting schematics @thesnowymaster, but perhaps we could keep the focus on the main points I suggested in the original post?

13. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    Actually, schemitca is allowed long as you don't use the building function.

14. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Iron Miner

Does it mean we can bring ghost images from singleplayer etc and copy that into all snapcraft servers and build with them?

15. PieIsGood

PieIsGood Void Walker

I think @Maarten just said don’t use the building function. Also, what do you think about the other suggestions in the list @Maarten?

16. thesnowymaster

TheSnowymaster
    Yes please i would like to know about the reast

17. LynxYx

LynxYx First Step

LynxYx
    • Like Like x 2