Reset Discussion

Matthew Lee

First Step
Recently Nova came into the Prison server to address the possibility of a reset if the majority of players want it.

I am against this for a few reasons.

1) Resetting the server as a complete wipe will erase everyone's progress. This will of course hurt the more active hardworking players. Many of the high ranked players have worked hard to get their equipment an inventory items that are not store bought. Clearly players with not much to lose will not have a problem but many players like myself do.

2) If you want new players to come into prison get some things fixed - for example new players don't know about the PvP mine, dive in and then get killed. Who thinks that is a good time? Should have the A mine next to the spawn point so new players don't get confused. Kit start is 1 hour wait time, should be reduced to 20 minutes. A regular diamond pick breaks and the new players are stuck asking for a new pick. This is not how you attract new players. Make it easier for new players to come in.

Other fixes -

Fix the Slot machine. No one wants -30% of their income taken away after losing. That's trash and people don't wanna play. Make some new gambling games. People wanna spend their money and play. Lots of ideas out there.

Repair system - Picks have limited life spans, and repair tiers help that. However for new players this system is a nightmare. Durability for base picks should be increased.

PvP - I don't PvP but there should be separated PvP mines by either letter rank or gear limitations. God gear dominates the PvP arena obviously, but there are some players who just want to have a good time without getting crushed under god armors. Should have a PvP area with no god armor allowed. Make the changes for these please! Stats for PvP should be reset once a month. Maybe give out prizes to the top 5 players each month for being so good at it?

These are few suggestions that require fixes, not a complete server wipe. A clear wipe not only delays these clear problems but it will drive players away. A stupid move, if you gloss over the problem, it will return. Invest in more content and listen to what the players have to say. That is how you improve Prison.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Lee

First Step
Adding an idea - For those players that want to reset, they could drop all their items and transfer their cash to another new player. Obviously they aren't going to want to do that if other players are not willing to do the same. An idea is that if a player wants to reset maybe offer an incentive to do so. Say for example a player reaches Z but does not want to go more than that. They can have the option of resetting with a few benefits - A powered up God pick, A special title, Special Mine access. There are many ideas out there, but individual resets is a compromise for players that do and do not want a server wipe.

iTz_FuRy

First Step
Hi,

I personally agree with Matthew on this idea.
I've been playing on the prison server for 1 year and 1 month now and I haven't seen any meager changes made to the prison server.

I totally agree with all the listings of Matthew, though I would like to add a few:

1. I feel like the prison map needs to be redesigned. It has been the same for the past 5 years from what I'm aware of.

2. New keys should be implemented into the server.

3. Their should be at least two different player vs player sections due to the new players not having a chance to play against the same level which makes it hard for them to get kills at all, rather giving them a bad death ratio.

4. Like he said, I agree with the fix that has to be made to the slot machine.
Prizes given out to the top players each month is an excellent idea.

* In a nutshell I feel like the prison server needs new content implemented into it.

I really hope to see some of these changes made to the server.
Kind regards
iTz_FuRy

ChrissPL

First Step
IMO prison needs a reset. Around 20-40% of the servers playerbase are already above mine Z. Another thing is that prison has been up for around 2 years now if im correct.

Also, if prison is going to get reset then please keep the culture i would say of prison to stay hardcore as it is. Me and i bet a lot of other players think the same.