1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

CombatLog in Earthgames (Should it be implemented?)

Discussion in 'Earth Games' started by Spookethly, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Do you think CombatLog should be implemented into Earthgames?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care

22.2%
  1. Spookethly

Spookethly First Step

Spookethly
    I know there are two sides to this argument, so I'll go over both, then say my opinion.

The first side. Many say having CombatLog is unnecessary with the argument that it's insignificant, and nothing is jeopardized except your reputation, and others say the toxicity is just a part of the game.

The second side. CombatLog is needed because combat logging ruins the fun for everyone else, and it can influence others to do the same. It causes toxicity as well. People shouldn't be allowed to quit the game mid-fight with no repercussions.

My opinion. I feel that CombatLog for Earthgames is completely necessary. You would be lying if you said you didn't get annoyed when someone you were about to kill just leaves the game, with no repercussions. Letting stuff like this happen will cause more toxicity, which could be easily avoided. Other servers, (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the names of them) have implemented systems that give you the kill if a person leaves mid-combat. It's even in KitPvP, so why can't it be in Earthgames? I feel as though if somebody was to log mid-fight, the person they're fighting should get the kill, and it should count as a death for the logger. It's a simple fix really, you should have repercussions for logging, yet this just isn't the case.

Your opinion. Post how you feel about this subject in the thread. Do you feel as though combat logging doesn't matter, or do you think a system should be put in that punishes those who combat log? Let's have a fair discussion and avoid toxicity.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Majestical

wowoow
    Skyblock Angel
    I agree with this and I know others do as well as the suggestion for this as been made before. I know it is quite annoying when a player just logs off mid fight to keep their kdr good. Some even do it purposely to annoy players and make them rage. So it certainly does provoke toxicity within the server. I would like if it just counted as a death for them and maybe even a kill for you if you have attacked them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FatSecurityGuy

FatSecurityGuy Gold Miner

I agree with this
    let’s say your about to die and you just log out and log back in, point is missed.
    with combat log the other team would score a point against the opponent making it more fair.

I say this should be added with no time to loose

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. FeelingPrimol

FeelingPrimol Tree Puncher

No you.

5. Ashie

Ashie Creeper Hugger

Asheey
    Personally don't see a problem with logging, since people do get kicked in general from the server for sending too many packets, hacking and other things so then you'd get points for things people can't help. (besides hacking ofc) And it keeps the game going for longer and idk about you but that's always fun unless all they do is logging instead of actual pvping then yes, that would be annoying.

6. Spookethly

Spookethly First Step

Spookethly
    I agree that many people get kicked for things that aren't their fault, but it still doesn't feel right to not get the kill. I don't want to call this server out or anything, but it's the only one I've played on that has the issue with sending too many packets. I don't know if it has to do with server costs or such, but I see so many people with ranks, meaning there must be a lot of money to go around. I don't understand how it hasn't been fixed already. There is too many people who log consistently for there to not be a system in place.

7. Crackalackin

Crackalackin Gold Miner

Said everything I wanted on this thread https://snapcraft.net/threads/21074/ .

To summarize, spookethly is talking about the situation below.

A: Hey, that B guy's 1 hit away from dying! I could get a kill.
    B: (logs off and immediately joins back to get full health back)
    A: That's not fair!
    B: LLLLL It's allowed on the rules lmao.
    (Repeat x 1000)

Yes, it's pretty common to find these players who only play like this to annoy others and to get a better kill/death ratio or something.

8. Jedz

Jedz Admin

Jedz
    Admin
    Agreed, would be a cool lil feature to add. Nothing huge, just counts as a kill for you and a death for them :)

9. Spookethly

Spookethly First Step

Spookethly
    Unfortunately, no matter how many people make threads about this, I don't see it happening.

10. Thematiks

Thematiks Stone Miner

Thematik
    Yeah kinda annoying