Plot Merging

Do you believe plot merging should be carried over to prison from creative?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wy_72

First Step
An interesting idea that I have heard on the prison server is the concept of plot merging. It is already a part of the creative server and is part of the plot world plugin so the feature already exists. It would give builders on the prison server the ability to make larger builds that can really show off their skill or to just help people consolidate all of their activities on one plot instead of various plots that may not be close together. Yet, there has to be some foresight to make sure that plot merging does not impact claimed plots or merge with someone else's plot. For instance, plots should only merge if both plots are owned by the same person. Additionally, plot merging shouldn't allow people to claim over the limit of plots, for example, boss ranks shouldn't be able to expand to 12 plots, surpassing the limit of 10. If it needs to become a paid feature, it can be added to the Legend rank as it is overshadowed by the dealer and boss ranks. Plot merging can cost in game money on an increasing amount for each plot you want to combine anywhere from 2-10bil to combine all 10 allotted plots for boss rank and have the amount of money gradually scale up in price for each merger, like ranking up in mines.

Issues:
- Impacting other plots already claimed
- How will plots be counted towards the maximum limit when merged
- looking into possible exploits of the feature
- May be decently buggy

Pros:
- It can add value to legend rank which many believe to be a undervalued rank
- Larger builds allowed to greater express a builder's expertise
- Plot art in the form of building can be open to people not in free
- Ability to have more builds, storage, farms, and redstone engines in one area then what is currently capable with the current plot system

I believe that this feature can greatly add to the experience of players on the prison server. While it would take some foresight going into it to make sure there are no ways to possibly abuse bugs or exploit the system, I believe that this implementation would expand the capabilities of the prison community.

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions below.

Ze Warrior

First Step
I too believe that plot merging on prison would be a great implementation.

Thanks for stealing my idea btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.