Guys Post Your Fun Facts And See Who Has The Best :p

Kath

Creeper Hugger

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Fact: At first in high school you don't get a lot of work, then boom they hit you with a motherload even tho you're doing a sport and you don't have anytime to do anything and you still gotta do it. Oh and you get a lot of homework on the weekends too. Be prepared to stay up til like 12 :-D

And that was my fact.

iamontda

Void Walker
The footprints made by Apollo astronauts will stay on the moon for millions of years if left undisturbed.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
In 2011, people playing Foldit, an online puzzle game about protein folding, resolved the structure of an enzyme that causes an Aids-like disease in monkeys. Researchers had been working on the problem for 13 years, but the gamers solved it in three weeks.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Grand Theft Auto 5 cost more to make than every Hollywood Blockbuster ever made: $265 million. (except for Pirates of the Caribbean 3, which cost $300 million.) The company that created GTA 5 made its money back on pre-orders alone.

iamontda

Void Walker
Secondary fact: The website background changed from stripes to a white labyrinth pattern a week or so ago.

OP
OP
archerunknown

archerunknown

Gold Miner
great stuff guys :-P

also this isnt a fact but this is my favourite story because it has a meaning behind it and its short

For sale:Baby shoes(never worn)

see if u can find the mystery behind the story and give a thumbs up if u like it :-P

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
great stuff guys :-P

also this isnt a fact but this is my favourite story because it has a meaning behind it and its short

For sale:Baby shoes(never worn)

see if u can find the mystery behind the story and give a thumbs up if u like it :-P

I know the meaning behind it....

(it's very sad)

pometheus11

Zombie Killer
Fact : In the first quarter of 2014, Apple
earned more then google,facebook and amazon combined

LuckyThinking

Zombie Killer
God bless you (variants include God bless or bless you[1]) is a common English expression, used to wish a person blessings in various situations,[1][2] especially as a response to a sneeze, and also, when parting or writing avalediction.[1][3]

The phrase has been used in the Hebrew Bible by Jews (cf. Numbers 6:24), and by Christians, since the time of the early Church as a benediction, as well as a means of bidding a person Godspeed.[4][5] Many clergy, when blessing their congregants individually or corporately, use the phrase "God bless you".[6]

National Geographic reports that during the plague of 590 AD, "Pope Gregory I ordered unceasing prayer for divine intercession. Part of his command was that anyone sneezing be blessed immediately ("God bless you"), since sneezing was often the first sign that someone was falling ill with the plague."[7] By 750 AD, it became customary to say "God bless you" as a response to one sneezing.[8]

The practice of blessing someone who sneezes, dating as far back as at least 77 AD, however, is far older than most specific explanations can account for.[9] Gregory I became Pope in 590 AD as an outbreak of the bubonic plague was reaching Rome. In hopes of fighting off the disease, he ordered unending prayer and parades of chanters through the streets. At the time, sneezing was thought to be an early symptom of the plague. The blessing ("God bless you!") became a common effort to halt the disease.[7]

Some have offered an explanation suggesting that people once held the folk belief that a person's soul could be thrown from their body when they sneezed,[9] that sneezing otherwise opened the body to invasion by the Devil or evil spirits,[10][11] or that sneezing was the body's effort to force out an invading evil presence.[9] In these cases, "God bless you" or "bless you" is used as a sort of shield against evil. The Irish Folk story "Master and Man" by Thomas Crofton Croker, collected by William Butler Yeats, describes this variation.[12]Moreover, in the past some people may have thought that the heart stops beating during a sneeze, and that the phrase "God bless you" encourages the heart to continue beating.[9][10][11]

In some cultures, sneezing is seen as a sign of good fortune or God's beneficence.[9][13] As such, alternative responses to sneezing sometimes adopted by English speakers are the German word Gesundheit (meaning "health"), the Irish word sláinte (meaning "good health"), and the Spanish salud.

That was from Wikipedia