Stop Ban Appealing

thediamonddude2

Iron Miner
This statement of mines might lead me to an 10% ban.
All you hackers stop appealing for unbans if you hack you already made an decision you know you will get caught and banned no point of appealing for unbans and in fact help the server out by buying unban tokens.
If you keep on hacking wont do any good anyways.
Just means you suck at minecraft so you hack :-P.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Some people can't afford a ban token... give them a chance to make it up... People makes mistakes :-P

Pookie_

Zombie Killer
Hackers deserve a ban.
Its not like they 'accidentally hack' like Donald said.
But i agree that they shouldnt make stupid appeals.
Áll hackers say 'woooot noooo not me me is good player me no hack NOW LET ME BACK'
Thats a moment where you miss the dumb button.

Last edited:

iamontda

Void Walker
I agree that some people can't afford tokens, but I also agree that it's their fault for putting in the hacked client or mod, and thus it is their responsibility (if that's the word).

It's almost like a policy for a company, toy, etc. actually. "If you screw with this thing and mess up the product because of the aforementioned screwing with it: Sorry, you can't return it. Your fault. Have a good day."

It takes effort to install, too. At least 50% of unban appeals I've seen say "Oh, it was an accident. I was at my friend's house playing Snap."

First of all, no. Second of all, you go to a friend's house to do stuff with them, not to take over their computer. Third of all, the Java version file that you stick in with the plain Vanilla version files would be named something other than "1.8" or "1.6.4" so that your friend can tell the difference between hacked and non-hacked client selections. Either that or their entire client selection happens to consist of one Minecraft version, of which happens to be hacked.

And fourth of all, the big whammer, you know that there is a hacked client on when you use it. I have NEVER seen anyone use a hacked client without there being a big sticker in the corner displaying info about the client, an options button in the Escape key menu, or a hotkey to give you info about the client. When weird things happen and you don't know why, ask your friend. Exploiting a hacked client is like exploiting glitches.

10% are genuinely confused, or are simply temporarily banned but didn't notice the big red numbers.

The final 40% don't even give excuses, but they do what we don't want to hear. They normally take on the old monotone "Yep I hacked and I'm sorry and I won't do it again and I love Snap hugs and kisses... and I'm going to murder everyone once I get back on because I've updated my hacked client because nobody knows that I still have it even after appealing, haha losers" voice. Nobody wants to hear about how you won't do it again, because that's what every. Other. Person. Is. Saying. You need to have a reason for becoming unbanned again. Why should we trust you after you decided to hack? Because you promise you won't? That kind of thinking doesn't work any more. I wish it did. It never did work for hacking anyways.

Okay, I think I'm done.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
True @McdonaldK1D but its there fault to even start hacking, and hackings isn't excactly an mistake.
No, it's not exactly a mistake I didn't mean it literary like that lol, I meant that they probably completely regret or at least somewhat regret what they did, tbh it depends what hack they used probably. Like if it's pvp hacking then they made it pretty obvious that they were hacking, but if its something like X-ray or like that, then they probably were desperate for ores and thought since it didn't harm anyone that they wouldn't get caught... idk just give people a second chance. What if your best friend on here got banned for something like that, wouldn't you at least want them to have a chance to come back? They knew they messed up and that they wouldn't do it again... people aren't perfect -_-

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
It isn't messing up if they did it on purpose.
Well it's like cheating on a test, we've all done it at some point in our life. And do you think you deserve a second chance? I think you do cause let me tell you something about high school if you're not already in it, it's hard af and it's stressful so sometimes you just need a break and you think that cheating on a little test is the answer, you know the consequences but you also know that you could earn a good to decent grade. Yes you did do it on purpose... but some people don't realize how really bad it is until they do it. And there will be some dumb appeals but guess what, you don't gotta accept them!! Easy and simple as that. : )

Also, Mistake- an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

iamontda

Void Walker
Yes, everyone has cheated before on tests, even myself. But those were small things, not really putting anything towards my grade but a "hooray" for getting two more questions out of fifty right, and they were only things I could easily cheat on.

If you suck at Minecraft or PvP, simply get better instead of cheating. If you suck at Spanish, study more. It's that simple. Cheating in Minecraft is the equivalent of cheating on the ENTIRE test and being caught by the teacher and being given a big 0. No retakes, nothing.

I love giving people chances, I really do, and I'm definitely not speaking for all of the Staff with that remark. But you have to prove to me first that you're worth the time.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Yes, everyone has cheated before on tests, even myself. But those were small things, not really putting anything towards my grade but a "hooray" for getting two more questions out of fifty right, and they were only things I could easily cheat on.

If you suck at Minecraft or PvP, simply get better instead of cheating. If you suck at Spanish, study more. It's that simple. Cheating in Minecraft is the equivalent of cheating on the ENTIRE test and being caught by the teacher and being given a big 0. No retakes, nothing.

I love giving people chances, I really do, and I'm definitely not speaking for all of the Staff with that remark. But you have to prove to me first that you're worth the time.
K, lol I'll tell you this, this isn't worth my time, made me late for school just by looking at this. So whatever you can "win" or whatever makes you happy lol cause Ik people deserve chances... I'll be honest and say that I've made mistakes on other servers and I completely and utterly regret it. But can I ever make it up to them? No because they don't accept appeals. I probably deserved it, It was a stupid thing to do and I wish I could take it back but I can't. I'm sure other people feel the same way but at least the get the chance to appeal and to make up for what they did, not all people are the same and not all people will go back to what they were doing before.

Sgt_Alvin_York

Gold Miner
Some ppl do change to. I once thought it would be fun to try hacking - thankfully I never did, But I would have got banned for the server and then probably been like "that was a TERRIBLE idea" , delete the hacks and try to get back on the server. But I don't spend alot on games so I probably wouldn't buy a unban token. I would have been just, but you see - I could have been a good player who didn't break rules after. Banning changes SOME minds.

Pookie_

Zombie Killer
Well it's like cheating on a test, we've all done it at some point in our life. And do you think you deserve a second chance? I think you do cause let me tell you something about high school if you're not already in it, it's hard af and it's stressful so sometimes you just need a break and you think that cheating on a little test is the answer, you know the consequences but you also know that you could earn a good to decent grade. Yes you did do it on purpose... but some people don't realize how really bad it is until they do it. And there will be some dumb appeals but guess what, you don't gotta accept them!! Easy and simple as that. : )

Also, Mistake- an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

I see why you think it is like a test but hear this:
when you cheat on a test others are not invovled their good grades wont go down by yours.
In games it is different. If he/she kills you with hacks alot he goes up and gets the good grade,
but you go down and down and down. You dont get that same 'good grade' because of him/her.
he hacker knows that he's/she's making it impossible for you to get the good grade but they dont care.
They have the good grade and as long as the teacher doesn't see it he/she don't care about anything than his/her grade..
Once the teacher catches the hacker/cheater he gets banned. Others can now have their good grades again.'
Do you think it would be logical for the teacher to let the hacker back in?
Just dont start hacking is the best thing you can do.

btw hacked clients have different loading screens so 'i didnt knew i was hacking' is the worst excuse ever.

Last edited:

iamontda

Void Walker
I don't enjoy winning, Kirsten, I enjoy helping people see the second side of the coin. I agree with you that we should have appeals, but people need to make a statement instead of sounding mainstream when they do.

And I agree with CreeperGirl's explanation about cheating. It puts other players down. I also agree that people do make mistakes, and people do stop hacking, but Snapcraft is meant to be hack-free. Try things out in single player, or something other than a PvP area filled with 60% of members on high alert.

When you get on Snap, it immediately becomes your responsibility, and if you don't know what you're doing with hacks then you're going to get into trouble, aka a ban. They're not all permanent either, but people who consistently repeat their 'mistakes' after waiting out their temporary bans are the fools who are permanently banned. Those are the people who actually need to appeal, but do a pretty bad job against the evidence stacked on them.

ohhMaiiny

Zombie Killer
I don't enjoy winning, Kirsten, I enjoy helping people see the second side of the coin. I agree with you that we should have appeals, but people need to make a statement instead of sounding mainstream when they do.

And I agree with CreeperGirl's explanation about cheating. It puts other players down. I also agree that people do make mistakes, and people do stop hacking, but Snapcraft is meant to be hack-free. Try things out in single player, or something other than a PvP area filled with 60% of members on high alert.

When you get on Snap, it immediately becomes your responsibility, and if you don't know what you're doing with hacks then you're going to get into trouble, aka a ban. They're not all permanent either, but people who consistently repeat their 'mistakes' after waiting out their temporary bans are the fools who are permanently banned. Those are the people who actually need to appeal, but do a pretty bad job against the evidence stacked on them.
About that temp ban People are getting for hacking, erm, I got perm :-P No chance at all, and perm banned by a glitch I didnt even know ws going on :) gg

Kirsten

Zombie Killer

Heyyyy you spelled my name right :-D lol but imo it depends what hacks they have used... like if it's something silly or dumb then that's one thing if it's like all out pvp hacks then ofc they should be banned, I'm not saying they shouldn't lol I'm just saying they should be able to appeal, but I would personally say that they would need some time to think about it before they appeal and not to appeal right away... like maybe a few weeks or a month or so lol idk... They may repeat the past, but they also might not, and I think people desire a chance to make it up to people. But that's just my opinion, I just tend to give forgive people... unless they like really messed up... Lol : D

Pookie_

Zombie Killer
Heyyyy you spelled my name right :-D lol but imo it depends what hacks they have used... like if it's something silly or dumb then that's one thing if it's like all out pvp hacks then ofc they should be banned, I'm not saying they shouldn't lol I'm just saying they should be able to appeal, but I would personally say that they would need some time to think about it before they appeal and not to appeal right away... like maybe a few weeks or a month or so lol idk... They may repeat the past, but they also might not, and I think people desire a chance to make it up to people. But that's just my opinion, I just tend to give forgive people... unless they like really messed up... Lol : D
half sc is like :-D really messed up...

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
That's why appeals are declined or accepted. It's up there to give people more chances, and I think appeals should stay because sometiems appeals are accepted.

If the person really accepted the ban, learned from his/her mistakes, and decided that yet were wrong, the appeal will be thought out, well-written, and sincere.

I think appeals should only be for very long and permanent bans because temporary bans can be waited out. Waitin out a temporary ban is a way to prove your apology, and writing a good appeal is another way.

It's always good to give another chance, but shouldn't be used for dumb appeals like:

XD yah I haked but u kno I wuz at mah friendZ house and he was haxing so I playz dere.

or with any lies.