Farewell.

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
First of all, I don't want to hear any "see you tomorrow" jokes. Now let's start.

For all of you who don't know me yet, I'm Billybobice, and my real name is Andrew. I've been playing on Snapcraft for about year as of now. I think I started playing a few weeks before Hunger Games or Skywars was released, which ever came first. Well, some of you may think that it's not that long of a time, but I like to see things such that:

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln.

And, being a kind of person who doesn't enjoy self-proclaimed verification of words (yes, I was a little extravagant with my language there, and I'm not 100% sure that I used it correctly), I could say that I've had a well lived life here.

When I first joined Snapcraft, I was your typically noob: out of the flow, blind with cockiness, easily persuaded, etc, etc. I started my journey on Factions, and I've stayed there for the majority of my time here. In-game-life started and ended there, and my real life, for better or for worse, was somewhat greatly impacted by the game. A lot has happened here.

Nearing a few months before Summer 2014, I made many friends that I have seen come and go. Many of them are still here. My own choices and decisions or the instability of emotion that hiding behind a screen and keyboard allows us to do are some of the things that may have broken some of those relationships.

I made my forum account on April 5th, 2014, primarily to apply for Helper. Though qualified I truly believed I was, I was declined for reasons I am still not completely sure of. From there, I hoped to apply for a Helper the next time the applications rolled by.

From that day, I got more active on the forums, first with the selfish intention of earning the Helper rank which would "earn" me prestige and respect. I learned that titles, though a fair representation, don't explain the true "qualification" of a person, just as grades are not completely accurate representations of the true intellect of someone (this doesn't mean get bad grades). As I got more involved more with the community of Snapcraft, I felt at home. Every day I was eager to come to Snapcraft and check up on, what I could call, family.

As summer passed, I started high school at a different school. Getting used to the school, making new friends, and getting in the cycle that would keep me comfortable and doing well in school was my priority, though I would still check up on Snapcraft. Though, I am proud of being the inspiration of the new meme ratings.

In game I was still active, but not completely. I usually checked up on chat, doing Helper-ly duties such as telling people not to curse, stop arguing, don't spam, etc. Inevitably, I bumped into many different types of people, some of which I can't handle. I'm not going to say what I learned from those people here. If anyone encounters those people, I want you to learn yourself. Though mad and frustrated they made me, I just let it slide.

At the start of my Factions experience, the first time we (me and a few friends in real life) were raided was by a faction called Relentless which was led by Alemence. After real life scenarios happened, I essentially left that faction and created my own which ended up being called Vidix. As I started building, my previous faction-mates wanted to join. I let them, but then I was the leader. As they became inactive, I left Vidix and joined Fallen with JaideHellspur and many other great friends. As things went on, I joined Relentless.

This is a game. That was my initial thought and mind-set when playing this game, until one day I heard Alemence talking in shout with a person. Though I can't remember the exact details, he explained that Minecraft, a game designed for a wide variety of people, is related to real life. That stuck on me for a while, and I didn't see a great example until I saw posts from Trial. His English skills showed me that there is no problem to use your mind in any game - it's actually beneficial.

As school started, my involvement with the game ever-so-slowly declined. I don't think a day has gone by with access to my computer that I didn't check up on Snapcraft until about a week ago, and now I am here typing this.

And with the cliché ending of all goodbyes, I would like to give personal thanks to people here. I might miss some people, but you are all included in this. These thank you's are just a scratch of my appreciation.

@Bas @Maarten - Thank you two for making this server. I heard your story in the live stream that one great time, and thank you for that. Without this server I wouldn't have gone through all this. It means a lot.

@Alemence - Thanks for being that adult figure to me. The times I thought you were over explaining things turned out to be something to open my eyes with.

@Jaide Hellspur - You are extremely nice and are always helpful, and I'm pretty sure I have annoyed you more than a few times. Thanks for all your help.

@Trial - Well, you're a part of the reason why people call me Trial Jr. Probably with the vocabulary and actually using punctuation when talking in the game and on forums.

@MVLapps - You've donated so much to me. I won't ever forget those cents that you gave me in Survival and Factions. Quality of quantity.

@iKaamboo - Hey, you're Andrew too! Thanks for being funny and nice to me, you're a great friend.

@Lozlpowzah - Before I met you, I've heard stories of how nice you are, until I've actually talked to you. It's true. Ryan, you are amazing and I wish you all the luck in anything.

@Bob2108 - Bab, thanks for being that KitPvP record role model for me. Which means, thanks for helping me help the server.

@iamontda - Marina, thanks for being a great friend and another person who uses good punctuation in your posts.

@Mayamush - You were always a great friend and I enjoy talking to you.

@YAMPY - You are very helpful and very nice to me. Thanks for hosting Plug.dj for us (that was amazing)!

Everyone in the Fallen and Relentless Factions, you all are great people and definitely the more mature section of Faction players.

I'm not going to proofread this. I present to you: my fresh ideas and feelings.

Before I say this, I want to tell everyone that plagiarism is immoral, disrespectful, completely horrible, and in many cases: illegal. Plagiarism means copying another one's work without giving credit to the creator.

I want to share to you this semi-profound quote that I somehow came up with one special day:

"There’s so much more to write, so much more detail that I could dwell on for years even longer than the ones that I have lived, because if all my thoughts were to be spoken out, it would take decades, maybe even centuries to tell and comprehend."

And I didn't forget.

@CosmicL12 - Have fun. Don't let anything get in your way. You are a great person and I am so grateful to have you as a friend. I have enjoyed every single word we have said to each other, and I hope that's not even half of what's left.

And with that, goodbye Snapcraft.

I will be checking up whenever the need be.

Our paths will cross another day.

Sincerely,
Billybobice (Andrew)

December 13th, 2014 at 12:00 AM PST

iamontda

Void Walker
Hey Billy, thanks for being such a kind member on the Forums and in-game, it'll be sad not to see you playing. Skype when you feel like it. :)

Pookie_

Zombie Killer
Sad to see such a nice person like you go. I hope you visit sometimes.
We have never actually spoken. You dared me a Meme-Off one day. Sadly it never came true since i left Snapcraft a few days after it.
Maybe somewhere in the future we can try again ;-).
I left for the same reason but i realized that after spending over a year on snapcraft and i have been through so much shit with some people
that they could not simply be replaced.
I know you like deep quotes and poems like i do so here:

The hardest part of any friendship is when it's time to say goodbye.
As much as we might like things to stay the same, change is an inevitable part of life.
The universe may seem huge and the rift between friends on opposite side of the world may seem a great distance.
There are many tools available with which we can communicate,
but even without these tools there is a secret that only real friends know, and it is this.
All the mountains and valleys in the world cannot separate friends whose hearts are as one.
And here's my meme which i should've sent 3 months ago.
5aa3bd7df6dbd97f56c5c200e99e33df4f5548775a75acfc053147da5c18ca90.jpg

Kath

Creeper Hugger
I'm really upset that you're leaving, but everyone will at one point.
Keep up with Skype so we can stay in touch as usual.
Farewell.

Also, I'm going to keep this:

There’s so much more to write, so much more detail that I could dwell on for years even longer than the ones that I have lived, because if all my thoughts were to be spoken out, it would take decades, maybe even centuries to tell and comprehend. With that, I just want to say, I miss you. -Billy/Andrew

And the other stuff.... because it's just... amazing

Bas

BTS
Sad to see you go, but the best of luck with whatever will be next in your life.
I hope to see you back maybe in a long time :)

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
I hope this isn't an official goodbye, but a see you soon, come stop by Snapcraft once and a while. You're always welcome and we will miss you :) I hope well for your future. Buh bai Billy (Andrew)

blazewarrier

Iron Miner
i know that i don't know you and would of liked to meet you but good luck with what life has planned for you come back to snapcraft some time

A

Account404

Oh, Andrew. Quite the letter you've written here. Totally hasn't effected me in any way.. *sniff*
But seriously though, you're awesome. You've helped me and a lot of other people and have never asked for anything in return. You do things to make people happy, not for your own gain. There's a lack of people like you and that's just one of the many reasons I'll miss you.

The helper thing, I'm honestly somewhat surprised too. I know that if they were open now and you were to apply today you'd get it. No doubt. But that's besides the point of this letter.

So, Andrew, I wont speak for anyone else, but from me personally, farewell. I'll miss you, and good luck with everything in the future. You deserve an awesome life. So from me, goodbye.

I love you.

Jaide Hellspur

Skeleton Slayer
Dangit Andrew, was hoping you wouldn't do this :-(
I'm happy to have been able to know you, you may have think you bothered me, but i enjoyed talking with you. You are a smart, wonderful guy and will do well in the future. Make sure you pop in to visit and say hi and let us know how you are doing. We will miss you :)

Tarpon

Skeleton Slayer
Nuuuuuu, Billeh whaiiiiii!?!?!?

Oh yea and if you even dare correct my grammar I will find you and break every thing.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Byeee D: Never really talked but you were active on the forums a lot.