More Minecraft News For April

awade

Diamond Miner
I might even do that o-o

Anyways, I'm not changing, it took a harsh battle to decide that. What I'M excited for is new piston physics, and setting up your new map is going to be so much more fun. You can apparently decide what layers things spawn on, how often, how large the veins of ore are, etc., and I think there are going to be a few more block types that turn to brick too. c:
You talk in a world of no other.

OP
OP
Victorthelama

Victorthelama

Ghast Hunter
More Information Regarding Minecraft Realms!
According to www.mojang.com , Minecraft realms in now available in more countries! Please refer to the attached map to see if you're country now supports realms!
map3.png

(If your country is in green, then Realms is now available for you!)

iamontda

Void Walker
D'you think Realms is worth it? Not to people with servers already, but it feels like it'll be more insecure to me.

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
D'you think Realms is worth it? Not to people with servers already, but it feels like it'll be more insecure to me.
Realms is hosted by mojang itself, they are massive and could easily afford to make your realm run smooth and basically 24/7. I feel like it may be worth it if you want to make a survival server with just your friends.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Eh my username has some amazing, terrible, tragic, hilarious memories, but sometimes I want to start fresh :3 So i might change mine

Bas

BTS
Realms is hosted by mojang itself, they are massive and could easily afford to make your realm run smooth and basically 24/7. I feel like it may be worth it if you want to make a survival server with just your friends.
Heh, Wrong.
Realms are run by Amazon Aws, Mojang just monitors them - They are EXTREMELY laggy since they came out because its all cloud based, it does not use RAM like a usual server, it just eats what it needs.

Besides that, $7/month for a realm? Wtf. You can get a server with more capacity from any host on the internet?

MVLapps

Iron Miner
I can't wait for all these features to come out :-D I wonder what they have in store for us at 2.0.

And I completely agree with Bas here about realms. I don't see them taking over any multiplayer server at any point in time. Not many people want vanilla servers anymore too >.<

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
Heh, Wrong.
Realms are run by Amazon Aws, Mojang just monitors them - They are EXTREMELY laggy since they came out because its all cloud based, it does not use RAM like a usual server, it just eats what it needs.

Besides that, $7/month for a realm? Wtf. You can get a server with more capacity from any host on the internet?
Apologies :-P I've just said what i was told by others, i never did the research but thank you for correcting me xD

Trollm

Zombie Killer
More Information Regarding Minecraft Realms!
According to www.mojang.com , Minecraft realms in now available in more countries! Please refer to the attached map to see if you're country now supports realms!
map3.png

(If your country is in green, then Realms is now available for you!)
1398384551185.png

>Brazil doesn't get realms
>Japan doesn't get realms
>South Korea doesn't get realms

>Greenland gets realms
>mfw

Last edited:
OP
OP
Victorthelama

Victorthelama

Ghast Hunter
Minecraft Realms Is Available Worldwide!
(Article published on Mojang.com as of May19, 2014 by Owen)
(Taken Directly from www.Mojang.com)

We’re proud to announce that Minecraft Realms for PC and Mac is now available worldwide!

Realms is the easiest way for you to host a Minecraft world online. You and your friends can work on an awesome creation, adventure into the depths, or play one of our featured mini-games with just a few clicks.

The servers are always available, and can be restored to an earlier point if something goes wrong. Realms is run by Mojang and simple to set up.

Realms is currently only available for the PC/Mac version of Minecraft, though we’re planning on releasing it on other formats in the future. For more information, check here.​

judeclark

Zombie Killer
Keeping my name no matter WHAT.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Heh, Wrong.

I think it's just easier to host a bukkit/minecraft server yourself : P I run a server by myself and just turn whitelist on so it's pretty much just me and my friends playing on it XD my (free) realms alternative.

And i was so surprised at how easy it was to run a fairly simple server.