What's The Point Of A Ban Appeal Tab

Am I speaking the truth.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyon7800

First Step
What's the point of a ban appeal if no one is going to get unbanned anyone agrees

Victorthelama

Ghast Hunter
Look, just because you didn't get unbanned, doesn't mean that everyone isn't unbanned. People actually do get unbanned if they have a good reason why they should be unbanned. What you did was beyond inappropriate, and you deserve what you got. Although it's true that some bans don't get appealed (especially permeant bans), then it means that your actions to get banned were extreme (and in this case it was). If you didn't want to get banned, then you shouldn't have posted that stuff.

But in my opinion, you should be unbanned from the actual game. Sure, you posted that stuff, but that was on the forums. What you do on the forums and what you do in game should be completely unrelated (excluding reports/appeals) . For example, Klue is banned from the game, but not the forums. In your case, you should be banned from the forums, not the game. Forgive me if I'm wrong and if he did in fact post links to the thread in game, but this is my opinion.

Drakeleier

Iron Miner
Look, just because you didn't get unbanned, doesn't mean that everyone isn't unbanned. People actually do get unbanned if they have a good reason why they should be unbanned. What you did was beyond inappropriate, and you deserve what you got. Although it's true that some bans don't get appealed (especially permeant bans), then it means that your actions to get banned were extreme (and in this case it was). If you didn't want to get banned, then you shouldn't have posted that stuff.

But in my opinion, you should be unbanned from the actual game. Sure, you posted that stuff, but that was on the forums. What you do on the forums and what you do in game should be completely unrelated (excluding reports/appeals) . For example, Klue is banned from the game, but not the forums. In your case, you should be banned from the forums, not the game. Forgive me if I'm wrong and if he did in fact post links to the thread in game, but this is my opinion.
I agree….

Kath

Creeper Hugger
klue is banned on forums
And your point is?

Ban appeals are basically a formality way to apologize sincerely on what you did wrong and to never do it again. If your ban appeal was not a good 'apology' or what you did was serious, maybe that's why some appeals don't get answered

iamontda

Void Walker
Actually, no. The subject of the Thread is, "What's the point of a ban appeal tab?" A slightly broad question, to which we've already said, "It's to give the banned a second chance."

Saiyon, basically the server and forums aren't connected in banning ways except reports and appeals, and not all appeals are accepted because an appeal is the idea of changing a mind. People can have proof of hacking or language abuse, but not proof of being innocent; only persuasion fixes that.

I agree, Trial. What's the idea behind ban appeals that you don't understand, Saiyon? If someone is banned on the site and wants to go to the server to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.