1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

Disable Poles For Reporting/appeal Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Victorthelama, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Victorthelama

Victorthelama Ghast Hunter

2. Victorthelama

Don't know why it posted before I was done.... anyway...
    I have noticed that a lot of people have been posting polls in their reporting and appeal threads. Most of the time, these polls ask things like "Should this person be banned or banned?" or "Should I be unbanned or unbanned?". These are just annoying and do not influence staff's opinion about their punishment. Regardless if the majority votes for the person to be unbanned, for example, that's not going to effect weather staff will unban you or not. Polls on these threads are annoying and should be disabled.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. awade

awade Diamond Miner

Yes it does get annoying and it is pointless staff are a pointed authority to ban or unban people polls wont help necessarily.

4. Mayamush

Mayamush Diamond Miner

There is an official Format which is meant to be used but some don't read it...

5. Victorthelama

Some people still use the official format, but they also add in a poll.

6. Mayamush

Mayamush Diamond Miner

It is annoying and I think it would be good if they were removed it as it is just useless spam on reporting and appealing forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Victorthelama

Exactly. I'm not saying we should remove them for ALL threads, just for Reporting/Appealing threads (if it's possible to disable them for certain threads). Some Off-Topic threads use them for legitimate reasons.

8. LegalSense

LegalSense Void Walker

It should be removed from Report Section, Ban/mute appeals and Staff application (When they open.) it's mainly staffs decision, polls won't help or make a difference really...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kath

Kath Creeper Hugger

Kaytherine
    Creative Legend
    Probably people who report/appeal thinks polls will help their thread... Such as if someone was appealing their ban with a poll hoping that they will get votes to be unbanned (something like that)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Benthecricketer

Benthecricketer Zombie Killer

Yeah I see no point of them.