What Is A 'lag Machine'?

UnionjackMC

Gold Miner
What is a 'Lag Machine'?

A 'Lag Machine' is anything that lowers your fps well under what you normally run. For me, when I am out in the open (way up in the air with no chunks) I can get about 150fps, but that is because there is no chunks around me. When I am near my redstone things, I get around 80fps, around building and stuff like that, maybe 90, 100.

How will I know if someone IS a Lag Machine?

Lag Machines are often redstone contraptions that slow down minecraft. Some Lag Machines can crash the server (that is very hard and you WILL GET BANNED FOR CRASHING SNAPCRAFT, I assume). Opening and Closing doors fast with redstone is a lag machine. Having a lot of Stained Glass is a lag machine. Those are the main lag machines. Things like this can be and might not be lag machines -
. That depends if you have many of these running at once.

Hope you Learned what a 'Lag Machine' is!

- Union

LegalSense

Void Walker
I don't believe it has to be called 'Lag Machine'. I'm sure you lag if you have multiple instances running at the same time. Whether it's In-game or running a browser, you'll get lag for running them all at the same time. It's pretty easy knowing what it is :-P, most people just don't know what causes it.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
There are some lag machines in Creative >.<. It's almost impossible to get out when you get in.

OP
OP
UnionjackMC

UnionjackMC

Gold Miner
That video up there, I have one in survival. I turn it on and run away quickly. Then when I feel like its done I come back and turn it off. I need to do that or it lags me out XD. And I made this mostly because people were saying /warp uni_games (in survival) is extremely laggy. I get 50-100fps when I am there. It seems like a big difference but it doesn't change the way your game looks. It is not laggy. Sorry I am ranting on now