Kitpvp's Change! For Good Or Bad?

Krontezian

First Step
Hey all, Krontezian here.

I haven't been active in the Snapcraft community for quite a while, something like 4-5 months due to school and shiz. I recently decided to get back into minecraft, and what better way to than reuniting with your favorite server? Yes, my favorite server.

Upon my arrival to snapcraft's kitpvp server, I noticed there were only 7 online people at a time of day where the server should be rocking 50+ players. At first I was like "What TF, where is everybody?". Then I noticed there was a map reset, 10 seconds later I noticed there was immense lag... I don't know the reason why there's host lag so please update me in the comment section, downgrade in hosts perhaps? Then I started to PVP with the new /kit fight+, noticed hit markers have gone to crap since I last played here. So I died a few times because of the lag and horrible hit markers. Some time later donators that I knew logged on here and there, checking up on the server. All of which told me that most of the player base had left due to the sudden changes.

My question is, why has everything changed? You had a perfectly fine recipe for kitpvp. Why change something if it's working perfectly fine? The player base is dead because hackers run rampant (although there were always a ton of hackers on kitpvp lol) and the radical changes made to the server. Maybe it was purposely destroyed for personal reasons or to divert the player base towards another Snapcraft server. Or maybe there's a change in ownership, or the admins don't have much passion or respect left for kitpvp. Anyways, absorb everything stated here and reply with some constructive criticism and ideas as to how we can resurrect kitpvp.

Take everything with a grain of salt, I don't have many connections to admins or mods so this is all personal evaluation. Also, put your vote into the poll to show your support!

Edit: Yay! Changes have been made to KitPvP! Wider spaces and hit markers have improved, thanks Maarten!

Cheers from down under, Krontezian.

Last edited:

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Mummy is so proud. Someone finally mentioned this 'downfall' from Kit PvP.

Personally, I always loved Kit PvP. I manage to check in nearly everyday or so. Then the reset. And hell, I admit, I didn't like it and still don't. It's fair enough and fine but there's some major things that could be fixed on.

I'm aware of the lag, the server has problems. But before hand, you brought the old map which was halved my fps.

I'm pretty much used to the anticheat now, the spooky arrow following you is normal now, and there's less hackers appearing.

I guess there's more to that, but I'm guessing some loyal player or a staff members is just going to oppose this following statement, right? Just saying my opinion.

I also noticed the decrease of players. School. Huh. There would always be so many players in the morning and even in the afternoon. Now it's 15 and below.

Rip Kit PvP.

OP
OP
K

Krontezian

First Step
Hehe, nice to see you mummy! Thanks for your input. I agree that a change in maps was necessary, the old map was quite demanding. Although, I don't think that the new anticheat is necessary. The former anticheat was sufficient, also considering there were active staff that made up for its shortcomings. Anyways, hope to have that pool party soon. <3

Kront.

iamontda

Void Walker
I'm not quite sure why we switched back to the old map again, but I can personally say that the newer map we had felt bland. It was a nice build, but then it was cut down some and made simpler. I liked the idea with the seasons, though.

I'm not quite sure, but are fences still around in the newest map? Those things are pesky. Anti-cheat has been a need for such a long time, so that's good, but because people are in school there's always going to be less people on (literally all multiplayer video games I play on spike at around 8-9 PM EST). I've dealt with lag in a lot of servers as of late, but I kind of feel like it's my terrible router breaking again.

RefinedBird

Zombie Killer
I agree, however, the only downside with this: Everyone will lose all their stuff again. ;n;
But it should still be turned back.

iPolooo

Zombie Killer
I agree, the reset has destroyed KitPvP. I love the new reset, but it is broken. Firstly, it crashes aver 2 hours, this is so annoying and scares me when I am in my good stuff. Secondly, my enderchest sometimes gets hungry and decided to eat my precious diamond :'(. Lastly, map. There should have been a map change, current one too laggy and old one too open. FIX THE HUNGRY ENDERCHEST BUG PLEASE <3
~iPolooo

Strafe3TV

Tree Puncher
I agree with you, Kron. Kitpvp should be returned to its former glory. The map is too small for me. Hard to shoot people with bow with so many obstacles. Also, the lag is unbearable. There were major lag spikes in the server recently, and I had KnockerX lagging out in his dia. Luckily for him, I had picked them up as soon as he combat logged.

THE RESET HAS RUINED KITPVP. IT NEEEDS TO BE RESTORED!

~ThatKidKlUe~

Gold Miner
KitPvP is fine the way it is now.. The map is decent(last map was 10x better tho) and the lack of people was due to a server issue regarding "DDoS" and it would go down every 15-30 minutes so people stopped playing(situation is currently fixed, no more lag or crashes) and mainly because of school just starting no one has time to play anymore(or not as much)... Hit detection has gotten worse on the "new" map because of a anti triggerbot "plugin?" idk if its a plugin or not but its something imaarten added, in the case of him doing that he also turned down the hit range a bit to stop from people getting these horrible range hits(aka turning up the kill aura reach)(also the reason you see particles coming off people but not hitting them) yes there is a glitch with the echest but as long as you dont put your items in like a spas and just spam it in there you should be perfectly fine...

But thats really i have to say regarding what you guys have said about it so far.

OP
OP
K

Krontezian

First Step
Also, I just noticed that the "Repair $75" sign has been removed. Only reason for that would be to nudge people towards buying a payed rank as I've heard that they now have /fix hand... Which is also on a fine line between P2W and ballanced. That or it's somewhere outside spawn... lol

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
...Well. There are a few more reasons why I quit, not only cause of school and studying (as said). Many people have more time in their holidays to play on the servers, that's, what I think, the main reason of Snapcraft's low amount of players at the moment. It is true, the "new" map, or, more like the new spawn is laggy as hey (FPS). Even in the arena I got huge lag spikes (connection, maybe?) couldn't keep my KDR up to 2... Which is depressing to someone that is actually pretty decent... If that DDoS thing is solved... Kool, gj. But it's definitely not our crappy routers.
I personaly liked the old map better too. It was more open and you had more space to PvP, though it sometimes was annoying to hunt all the runners around the whole map. The new, old map is kinda bad for PvP, especialy for KB abusers (like me...). Also I think the Repair Sign should come back as well. Since I quit, and don't really care about this server anymore, I don't mind about any new changes, just wanted to have my opinion said. But maybe the recent players, such as Kront, would be appreciated about several better changes (again?).

Have a nice day
- Guarde

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Also... At some point you won't be able to repair it anymore like this. You'll need over 150 lvls. Great idea, staff.
The more you use the anvil with a specific item, the more levels it will need. So, if you combine two items, that'd be 12. You repair it once, 13. And so on, until you max your levels. The enchanting system is pretty annoying too. But I must admit, voting was my only source >.<

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The more you use the anvil with a specific item, the more levels it will need. So, if you combine two items, that'd be 12. You repair it once, 13. And so on, until you max your levels. The enchanting system is pretty annoying too. But I must admit, voting was my only source >.<
Indeedy! You are forced to vote somehow.
No chances without.

OP
OP
K

Krontezian

First Step
This thread seems to be going no where. The only staff to reply so far is Bob, and he's defending the changes (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, opinions, opinions, opinions!). Maybe there should be a poll on the home page so this gets more publicity? But then again, not even that would be valid because those who don't even play KitPvP will cast a vote. Also, at the time of this reply the "Yes" votes are ahead by 4. Maybe that's enough to show that the player base would prefer the rollback?

On another note, the end of the holidays and beginning of school is no valid excuse for the decline in players. The server would always have 50+ peak hours on school days before the changes anyway. The reason the server is empty is because of the changes, it should be obvious. Now, I'm not saying the previous KitPvP was perfect. It was far from perfect, but it was "perfect" enough for the 100's of happy active players. Players who have left...

Kron.

~ThatKidKlUe~

Gold Miner
Also, I just noticed that the "Repair $75" sign has been removed. Only reason for that would be to nudge people towards buying a payed rank as I've heard that they now have /fix hand... Which is also on a fine line between P2W and ballanced. That or it's somewhere outside spawn... lol
Repair sign was taken off because 75$ to repair full p4 u3 was just insane! Kits are pretty well balanced kit fight vs kit paladin is a little bit over the edge but you can easily kill a paladin in kit fight considering most Paladins buy the rank for extra money and most of them are bad anyway

OP
OP
K

Krontezian

First Step
Yeah, that's one way to look at it :)... Although, it would be nice to get some feedback from the Admins. If you have any ideas, please share Cookie. You were pretty active on KitPvP, would love to see your thoughts on the subject.

Kron.