Kitpvp's Change! For Good Or Bad?

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
Such a long 'argument' with such ideas.

My FPS, we talked about this. I don't know about others, but I'm saying that it HALVED my FPS right immediately. I never complained (don't think I did) about anything of the last map. It was open spaced and had annoying runners. This map, still runners, more buildings and paths (the damn lilypads tho) for it to make it harder. Which is considered good for the killer, if only you could actually hit them successfully. (Yes, I know the anti-cheat is buggy). Like Ban(a)na said, I never really complained about hackers usually. I just recorded them. The anti-cheat is quite helpful for their part. Not in some of ours. I can see how the repair sign is R.I.P. to stop players from getting diamond so easily, but I just gave up trying to get it in general. Then there's some people with a balance doubled than the rest.

The /mount and /fly are not really used, but thank God you took that away from the PvP area. But honestly, /mount, I find, is rarely used at all, which I also find that you can't find a better horse until 5 mins.

And, just something I wanted someone to take consideration to; why do the kits keep improving...? Leather & gold → chain → chain & iron? Doesn't really matter, I'm just interested.
As I said I will work on the FPS problem though we both know your FPS doubled when you did what I said, The kits have higher armor because higher armor will give more balanced fights example: leather vs diamond or iron vs diamond.

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
As I said I will work on the FPS problem though we both know your FPS doubled when you did what I said, The kits have higher armor because higher armor will give more balanced fights example: leather vs diamond or iron vs diamond.
Well actually, it didn't really. You said to make the limit to 60? While this other person said to leave it on unlimited. And that explains some things about the kits. Thanks.

A

Account404

Well actually, it didn't really. You said to make the limit to 60? While this other person said to leave it on unlimited. And that explains some things about the kits. Thanks.
Setting your FPS to unlimited on a lower end PC is foolish. Which, from you comments, I can tell yours fits that criteria. A large chunk of monitors can't go beyond 60fps. Most gaming monitors cap at 75fps. After 60, you probably can't notice any difference. If you have a good PC, it's worth throwing it on unlimited. But for someone like you or me, you'll want to cap it. Open task manager and open the performance tab. See your CPU Usage? You'll notice a big difference when you cap it. My monitor can't go beyond 75fps. Yeah, I can throw my FPS on unlimited and get 200. But I'm not actually getting that. Monitors can't output that.

~ThatKidKlUe~

Gold Miner
Setting your FPS to unlimited on a lower end PC is foolish. Which, from you comments, I can tell yours fits that criteria. A large chunk of monitors can't go beyond 60fps. Most gaming monitors cap at 75fps. After 60, you probably can't notice any difference. If you have a good PC, it's worth throwing it on unlimited. But for someone like you or me, you'll want to cap it. Open task manager and open the performance tab. See your CPU Usage? You'll notice a big difference when you cap it. My monitor can't go beyond 75fps. Yeah, I can throw my FPS on unlimited and get 200. But I'm not actually getting that. Monitors can't output that.
tumblr_mvvcxg5dbW1rwvzy6o2_400-1433785734.gif

DisHacksuation

Stone Miner
Ok let me make my thoughts on what everyone has said

Old Map: Honestly i have to say i liked the old map better......Because in this new map a way to escape is just bow spam
If someone runs into a house and bow spams You Are Not Getting In

hackers: Ban them all lol the new system does help to prevent them

Kits: Ok Kits Honestly I think the kits should go to fight the way it is Get red of all kit [Insert here]+
And make the kits more balanced so its not pay to win because me in paladin armour just destroys all people in kit fight

Lvl's:
I think we should keep lvl's alot of people say its a advantage And YES it is but its rewarded to players who play snapcraft alot and dont play at all

Repair sign: As i remember the repair sign was $75....I think they should add it back but maybe $500? to repair 1 item?

OP
OP
K

Krontezian

First Step
Much debate, such opinion, many idea...

I didn't think that this many people still cared for KitPvP, if you've read through this thread then you already know where I stand. The "yes" votes are now ahead by 11, equaling a steady 16, trumping the 5 votes for "no". This should be a clear indicator, the vast majority of us prefer the old KitPvP map. I know you're just trying to do good by the server Maarten, but most would prefer the rollback. Also, I now realize that you don't like that the repair sign encouraged the production of op gear. I on the other hand enjoyed it, more of a challenge when you're up against a diamond every so often. But, then again, the majority of the player base are bambies. So the removal, or prefferably, rise in price of the repair sign would help with the amount of op gear fluctuating throughout the server.

The old enchanting system gave people a "goal" to strive for, something they can look forward to when logging on. Many people would log on everyday just to vote and acquire some exp bottles, so they could get up to lvl 30 and enchant some gear. Very few people are going to bother with getting 30 lvls for an enchant if it's going to take the whole 30 lvls for one item. Just facts.

Also, my thoughts on the new anti-cheat and modifications to hit markers with newly added plugins: I don't think that the particular plugins you installed are necessary. They cause problems to basic pvp mechanics like "EXCESSIVELY" short melee range (it's just stupid how long you have to chase someone because your hits don't register unless you're really close to the target) and the rubberbanding is still there (no real worry about that, most servers suffer with that). Without decent hit range, few pvpers will bother, as there are plenty of other kitpvp servers that provide a better pvp environment. On the flip side, the plugin does shorten the range of people with aura. But we never really cared for them, hackers that is. The old map was so large that we could merely avoid them (those of us with balls of steel would confront them, and if we succeeded, we would be praised!). I'm one who recorded and uploaded 30+ hackers, so I did contribute if anybody is going to say I did nothing, so my opinion is relevant.

I'm all for a map roll back, the current one has too many obstacles and not to mention buildings. If you're in a 1v3+ then you're done without pearls, as you'll just get gangbanged into a corner with no escape (i know from experience)... This is also a perfect blend for camping and long, LONG chasing sessions. The old map on the other hand was large and open (not perfect, but better than the current maps in my opinion and clearly many others), you won't get gangbanged into various obstacles, open spaces allowed for FUN team battles/1v1's and it was a lot easier to locate someone you wanted to kill. Not to mention the fact that the majority of successful kitpvp servers throughout the years were generally wide-open maps.

Remember! Opinions, opinions, opinions!

P.S I understand that there was most likely a GREAT effort put into updating the KitPvP, that hasn't fallen upon deaf ears. But, the effort put into the server over the years would be in vain if you don't listen to the player base now and fix the current issues before more and more people leave and find other servers to invest their time into.

Cheers, Kron.

Last edited:

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If that will be enough? I let the future kit pvpers speak.

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You mean the removal of the middle buildings and the blocked doors? That's all I noticed so far.

But to note, it's still quite dark.
I like the new mid, but that's all I've seen. I sneaked on yesterday. Wasn't a good idea though.
Tip: Some texturepacks have their night time as bright as their day time. I have one of those, but I can't remember the name rn.
Also put your brightness in options on max.

Misstify

Zombie Killer
Changes I've noted:

I saw a $500 fix sign at spawn, that's a big change.
Buildings from the middle are gone, doors are blocked (though some places can be epearled into)
The center is dark, but you can edit in the files in ./minecraft to make everyone have infinite brightness or get a texturepack like Banna said.
Many roofs are impossible to get on now unless you get a good jump off spawn, or you can fly onto it.
People still complain of the hungry echest glitch.

Seeing as I'm someone that loved to be on roofs, I'll just not say my biased opinion on these changes.
Just that it's impossible to please everyone and all that can be done is attempt to please the majority, if even that.

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
Changes I've noted:

I saw a $500 fix sign at spawn, that's a big change.
Buildings from the middle are gone, doors are blocked (though some places can be epearled into)
The center is dark, but you can edit in the files in ./minecraft to make everyone have infinite brightness or get a texturepack like Banna said.
Many roofs are impossible to get on now unless you get a good jump off spawn, or you can fly onto it.
People still complain of the hungry echest glitch.

Seeing as I'm someone that loved to be on roofs, I'll just not say my biased opinion on these changes.
Just that it's impossible to please everyone and all that can be done is attempt to please the majority, if even that.
Enderpearling in the closed houses has already been fixed(If you find another way PM me coords), The center is a bit dark but still with my brightness on moody I can plenty. If you really wanna go on roofs use enderpearls. And as stated numerous times before if you are having problems with your enderchest just slowly put the items in by drag and drop(We are still trying to find the problem behind it). Lastly opinions are ALWAYS welcome as long as they you have proper arguments or a better idea for a problem.

Misstify

Zombie Killer
Enderpearling in the closed houses has already been fixed(If you find another way PM me coords), The center is a bit dark but still with my brightness on moody I can plenty. If you really wanna go on roofs use enderpearls. And as stated numerous times before if you are having problems with your enderchest just slowly put the items in by drag and drop(We are still trying to find the problem behind it). Lastly opinions are ALWAYS welcome as long as they you have proper arguments or a better idea for a problem.

Yeah, when you teleported everyone out the house, I figured you fixed that. And I'm just don't want to waste the epearls for the roofs XD.

But with the houses in the middle, it's good they're gone with the more open space to run and fight but at the same time, I miss them because you could always land on them to avoid a donor who was going to attack you the second you landed in the middle or run through the houses and hide so you could gapple and different stuff like that. I mean, I get they would be a hinderance and annoyance likely to the people trying to attack others but there will always be people who run when they're about to die regardless.

The whole thing has it's pro and cons in general that makes the whole experience just different in the end.
But I still want them back just for the roofs in the end XD

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
Yeah, when you teleported everyone out the house, I figured you fixed that. And I'm just don't want to waste the epearls for the roofs xd.

But with the houses in the middle, it's good they're gone with the more open space to run and fight but at the same time, I miss them because you could always land on them to avoid a donor who was going to attack you the second you landed in the middle or run through the houses and hide so you could gapple and different stuff like that. I mean, I get they would be a hinderance and annoyance likely to the people trying to attack others but there will always be people who run when they're about to die regardless.

The whole thing has it's pro and cons in general that makes the whole experience just different in the end.
But I still want them back just for the roofs in the end xd
Would this maybe good? House A has a warp on it and there would be a way to get from house A to house B and from house B to house C. Or something similar.

Misstify

Zombie Killer
Would this maybe good? House A has a warp on it and there would be a way to get from house A to house B and from house B to house C. Or something similar.

That'd be an awesome feature. But how would the warps work, signs where you have to click for it to warp you, or...?