Video Recording Questions

KingofBears20

Zombie Killer
Hey guys, I was just wondering how to get a youtube video that I recorded in a Higher Resolution. I recorded the video in HD and when it uploads it's in a really bad resolution. There is a little tip under Video Resolution when I upload and it says that I uploaded a wide screen video and to upload the original copy. I record on a windows 10 laptop (I know it's not the best) using the built in Recording software (Xbox Games xd). My guess it to set my screen resolution low so it uploads at a higher resolution? I would appreciate anyone's help and if I can figure this out I can start recording hackers or uploading pvp videos. (I already recorded a diamond run and I can upload it if you want but it is in a really bad resolution) Thanks and I would greatly appreciate any tips too :)

Heres the link to the video

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingofBears20

KingofBears20

Zombie Killer
When you watch the video on this page, the resolution is pretty good, but when it is one youtube it's pretty bad. I guess that doesn't really matter since you guys can watch it fine on here.

iamontda

Void Walker
Your built in recording software probably doesn't record videos in HD (likely because your framerate would drop). Try using a program such as Fraps to record instead (or otherwise see if you can go into your program's settings and change the recording size to 1080x720, which is 720p).

~ThatKidKlUe~

Gold Miner
For one it all depends on your recording software most have the ability to change the recording resolution and framerate. Two your screensize if your running off a 1080x720 like @iamontda said you most definitely will not upload in 1080p. Fraps i think pre sets your resolution to what your screen is at, only thing you can change is the frames it records.

https://mirillis.com/en/downloads/downloads.html this is the recording software i use its smooth and doesnt drop your fps you can change what resolution and frames you record at. i have the paid version but the good thing about it is if you decide to buy it for yourself you can share a code with 5 other people so they can activate the paid version :-D

OP
OP
KingofBears20

KingofBears20

Zombie Killer
The software I use is a built in one that is meant for games. Anytime I play any sort of game (other than like a flash game online) I can record it. Someone online told me to change the resolution before I upload the video. As you can see I am a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, and these tips help me a lot :)

I'll Record something else and play around a bit with the setting more. I really don't want to go and install a new programs, since the one I use is super easy and my frames don't drop at all while recording. My dream isn't to be some big youtuber or anything, I just wanted to be able to record so I can record hackers and such. As long as the resolution is good enough for it to be decently clear I'm fine with it, It doesn't really matter if it is not in HD.