Map Reset? Is It True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy

Tree Puncher
I heard that the server's maps are all going to reset. in like 6 months. I know... It's a long time. but still...
I am not sure if I'll continue playing survival after it. It will ruin the server! all the money, resources, buildings, houses, everything will be gone!!! It's so unfair! why? I am asking you not to reset the maps. a lot of people will surely leave. and I am one of them. if I'll Continue playing survival after the reset. It won't be different than playing single player. If it will reset, I think I will open my own server and play only with few friends. please.
I don't want the map to reset. some people, such as me, worked realy hard to get their stuff. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH TIME DID I SPENT AT MINING? I got over 64 diamond blocks! You can't do it to me! please. think again about it! think what the players will do. what do THEY actually want. to start from nothing or continue playing in the AWESOME server called SnapCraft.
It is your decision...

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
As much as it may suck, view it this way (and take it from someone who doesn't like to redo things they've already done)... It's a chance for new players to not feel overwhelmed by all the people who are already way overpowered. As well, gives Maarten and the others a chance to implement 1.9 features correctly. It's a sad situation (if it is true, not even sure if it is), but a well needed one. Skyblock is a perfect example. There are islands that are way more overpowered then the rest and chances are, no one will ever beat Bunny_Rabbits island score. It's really sad, but try to think of the positives of it.
  • Bringing in new players
  • Making 1.9 features implemented into the server
  • Giving people a chance to create new and exciting things
Hope everyone can easily move on and find new and exciting things to produce on the server.

Happy Minecrafting guys :)

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Only make a thread about flaming about a reset if you actually hear it from a staff member, and not the players.

The whole idea of a reset is to clear everything you have, in-order to make it fair once again for new players that may have joined. If you can't deal with the fact that everything will reset one day, then I am not too sure if there is a point playing it.

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
Only make a thread about flaming about a reset if you actually hear it from a staff member, and not the players.

The whole idea of a reset is to clear everything you have, in-order to make it fair once again for new players that may have joined. If you can't deal with the fact that everything will reset one day, then I am not too sure if there is a point playing it.
Hope you're not referring to my comment. I'm all for a reset. Things come and go, and it's just a game.

iamontda

Void Walker
No, he's referring to the original post. I agree with Wiggy on this one, if you can't handle a reset then it might be best to not even play on here. Every server needs a reset once in a while, and everything has to change eventually. Survival has been on the same reset for so long that people have come and gone from it, including myself up to a point. Some things need to be updated, but others don't really need to be. As an entire server it's more worth it for us to update and move on, even with more recent resets to worlds such as Factions and Creative.

If Survival were to reset in the near future, then yes, I would be devastated by the loss of my items and my super cool tree house that I spent 8 hours working on because I had to copy it, block by block, from Creative. However, you get too comfortable sitting in your own little world, and many people leave because of that. To me, a reset in all locations would be devastating, but it would also be redeeming. I would have a new house to build, no overpowered items that I owned, new people to share land and time with because of the reset. Everyone starts off on the same level when we have a reset, which is temporarily humbling to those with ranks. Dunno, just my thought.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager

TheCaptainBurito

Skeleton Slayer
You can easily do all the things in mine craft in about 1 month so why are you thinking it won't get boring after 6 more months

OP
OP
Galaxy

Galaxy

Tree Puncher
I still disagree. My guild town... I worked on it over a year! and I am not the only one. If you want new players to feel good with themselves, so tell them that they can join my guild! even if the server will reset and if it won't, they'll start from nothing. It doesn't matter. If you are thinking about the players that will join, think about those that will leave, those that will be sad with themselves, It can't happen! I can easily get over 100 people saying that they disagree in one week! I know all you mean but... Look at all the building, that won't all get rebuilt. I shared pictures of my guild, It took a REAL long time! and there are a lot of other things at SnapCraft. Be online, look at all of the happy players, such as me, I've asked some friends already, they all agreed with me! I am not going to be quite! I will stop this reset! and I don't even care what do you say! Enjoy my pictures of "Happy SnapCraft!"2016-03-31_22.01.47.png 2016-03-29_19.06.47.png 2016-03-31_17.36.38.png 2016-03-31_21.47.58.png 2016-03-31_22.01.26.png 2016-03-31_22.01.28.png 2016-03-31_22.01.33.png 2016-03-31_22.01.38.png 2016-03-31_22.01.43.png 2016-03-31_22.01.47.png

Attachments

• 2016-03-29_18.13.41.png
    2016-03-29_18.13.41.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 195

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
You will not stop a reset, they happen. As said above, if you don't like it, then don't play it in the first place. You have like 380k... A new player isn't going to have that, so, to balance it all, a reset happens. They happen on all servers all the time.

KingofBears20

Zombie Killer
Survival used to have 4 times as many people online as it does now. Survival needs a reset to keep it fresh and to make others want to being playing. Yes it is hard to start over, but you can just re live the fun from there. Also after it resets it will be a long time before it resets again so you can happily enjoy the new reset for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.