1. Welcome to Snapcraft, Please register on our website to join the community!
    Click here to register an account!

New Kills Algorithm In Kitpvp(eg?)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by OpticUniversse, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this in the server?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No(please explain why)

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. OpticUniversse

OpticUniversse Skeleton Slayer

(TL;DR: read bold text)
    For anyone out there who's played on kitpvp before, and gotten close to a kill but someone just swoops in and steals it, you know how I feel when I say it's annoying. Or maybe you're the annoying one who just glides around killing everyone low. Yeah, it's a quick buck, but it's annoying.

Since I've heard rumors of another kitpvp reset, I know that there may be an opportunity to change the pay-per-kill method to a different, more fair version. The new suggestion would be that when a player is killed, the attacker who does the most damage will get the credit and money for the kill, not the final hit. It may be difficult to create but if it's a possibility I'd look into it if I was the development team on SC.

Situations
    (because who doesn't like to fantasize)
    Situation: Someone does 7 hearts of damage, dies, and another player picks it up and the user who did 7 hearts gets the money. The user who died will complain that they hacked since they were obviously nowhere in sight.

Answer: Make sure everyone knows the new algorithm and that if someone not in the area kills them, it's because of the plugin. If they don't believe it and still think that someone's hacking, they can just record and report like a normal person would and get told it's not hacks.

Situation: Someone with chain armor gets someone else in chain armor to 5 hearts, but someone in P5 swoops in with a S5 sword and finishes them in one blow. They get the money since they did majority, but I did more work.

Answer: This is pretty much what we have right now, so it wouldn't change anything. You can live with it.

Please leave feedback if you like the idea/don't, clarify suggestions,etc. Thanks for reading this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ~Crafter~

~Crafter~ Ghast Hunter

Craftermanamz
    Prison Boss
    Yeah it's a good idea, just it will take a while to make the plugin for it. :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DonuldTremp

DonuldTremp Banned

Agreed. We really need this.

4. Ashie

Ashie Mod

Ausheh
    I like that idea

5. KingofBears20

KingofBears20 Zombie Killer

I like this idea, but how about instead of this it is if you do at least 4 hearts of dmg to someone then you get some money for a kill assist?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ~Crafter~

~Crafter~ Ghast Hunter

Craftermanamz
    Prison Boss
    Yeah, some kind of assist money which you get. Maybe depending on the higher the percentage of damage you deal to enemies, the more money you get?

7. ratahmed

ratahmed Tree Puncher

ratahmed
    KitPvP Warrior
    While I agree it's a little bit unfair with people stealing your kills and money I think it should stay that way. It is way more simpler and straightforward like that rather than implementing a whole new plug-in for that specific reason, keep it simple I guess. :-P

Cool idea though man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. StarStrike

StarStrike Iron Miner

Yeah #ToHellWithKillSteals

9. TheCaptainBurito

TheCaptainBurito Diamond Miner

This isn't fair because when you kill someone with 10 hearts but someone else had done like 18 hearts before you wouldn't get the kill (example: the other person got your kill on 1 heart 2 times)

10. KingofBears20

This would be kinda of hard to do because what if someone gets someone to half a heart, then the person regens to like 8 hearts. Then you kill the guy when he is at 8 hearts and someone else gets the money for it. After realizing this I agree with ratahmed and think it should just stay the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I0reo

I0reo Gold Miner

ComboMontage
    KitPvP Paladin
    I dont agree A kill is a kill Everyone has kill stealed b4 So dont be a hypocrit and Say that kill stealing/clean up isnt fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maarten

Maarten Owner

iMaartennn
    Owner
    I think we can work on something that would benefit everyone, I will post more info on how I would possibly do it soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. KingofBears20

One thing that is needed is to have a kill cooldown so when peeps kill someone they have a chance to pick up loot. Even if it is only for a few seconds that will give enough time for someone to pick anything up.