[important] Minecraft Eula Changes Pose Threats To Servers.

Do you agree with Mojang's EULA changes?

• No

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • I'm in between both.

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

123IsIt

Obsidian Miner
Ewww Goody! We don't need to worry, I just waited like minutes in the shower and then cam back, we got 106 votes :-D

Tolly20_2014

Iron Miner
Does snapcraft really need to thread this..... Like this EULA stuff is people taking things that mojang said out of context, *cough**Cough* modders *Cough* *cough*heck DID THEY EVER SAY THEY HAVE CHANGED THE EULA... no They brought it up so everyone doesn't forget... I think certain people are angry cos it involves them somehow....

-Tolly

LegalSense

Void Walker
Does snapcraft really need to thread this..... Like this EULA stuff is people taking things that mojang said out of context, *cough**Cough* modders *Cough* *cough*heck DID THEY EVER SAY THEY HAVE CHANGED THE EULA... no They brought it up so everyone doesn't forget... I think certain people are angry cos it involves them somehow....

-Tolly
No, they didn't. But after Grum pointed out and started being a prick about it it got a lot of attention. It's true they haven't changed it yet or made a decision, but after Mojang went down by a hacker who opposed the new EULA, it caught their attention. It is true we haven't heard any statements from any other Mojang employees, but they are probably discussing this since it became a huge matter. Notch has answered a few questions about this on twitter but no official statement has been made, yet

Also, of course people would be angry. Mojang is restricting Pay to Win / Pay for Perks servers to operate as a business or make money by selling game features, perks or cosmetic skins or in-game titles. If server owners can't make money, how will the server thrive? Basically, they'll probably have to shut down the server due to closure. This does not only affect us, but hosting companies as well. Hosting companies may lose a lot of money because server owners can't keep their server running every month and still pay each month without donations.

If Mojang restricts it completely, it will disappoint a large portion of the community who has put thousands of development hours managing the game Worlds, creating plugins, mods and swag accessories to sustain the costs of running Minecraft servers.

Though there are counter reasons for this that many people have said:
Mojang does not provide the server software used to host the majority of these servers. It is for the most part made by the community hacking the protocols out of the engine of the game. The mods and majority of the advanced features are also community made. This is very serious news for thousands of people and should not be taken lightly as lots of people make a living off of this.

Server administrators are very heavily burdened with dealing with issues that arise from hosting a server, and trust me when I say that there are lots of those.

This angers player, hosting companies, owners, and parents. There have been several arguments, but we'll hear from Mojang soon.

Last edited:

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
This EULA Minecraft bull doesn't really bother me that much. So what if servers or what not shut down because of this? Eh, we all have lives that we need to attend to. Face it Minecraft is boring. This really would not effect me ONE bit. I don't even understand this lol.. Eh.. :rolleyes::-Po_O

LegalSense

Void Walker
This EULA Minecraft bull doesn't really bother me that much. So what if servers or what not shut down because of this? Eh, we all have lives that we need to attend to. Face it Minecraft is boring. This really would not effect me ONE bit. I don't even understand this lol.. Eh.. :rolleyes::-Po_O
It won't affect you but it will affect a lot of people.

Think about it, how much time, work, and money have big, famous server owners put into their server? A lot of time, right? And now that Mojang finally realises the issue, they're probably going to disallow owners from making profit, which means the server will be shut down. Imagine you were Hypixel and the EULA went into act, how would you feel? All that hard work, money, and time, wasted. Poof gone, just like that.

The other thing you don't understand is that people make a living out of this. Think about devs. They spend their time learning how to code and making plugins for servers. All of that knowledge would probably be wasted; well not really.

Think about Hosting Companies. Think about how many employees one hosting company has, just one! Now, if server owners weren't able to pay for the host, the hosting company may lose a large amount of profit due to that. Now remember, hosting companies hire and pay people to work. If the EULA was put into act, how many people would lose their jobs? Again, people make a living out of minecraft.

Mojang is being selfish as well. They are taking the jobs of money that make a living off of minecraft just to promote their realms that no one wants to buy. They are greedy for money..

Again, people making a living off of minecraft. It's better to think long and hard about this than being 'selfish'. Think about how it would affect others, and not just you.

Last edited:

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
Yes I do realize people do make their livings off of minecraft. But owning a minecraft server in my case isn't really considered a job..

LegalSense

Void Walker
Yes I do realize people do make their livings off of minecraft. But owning a minecraft server in my case isn't really considered a job..
I never said it was a job, I said people make a living off of it. It doesn't have to be a 'job', but you aren't one to talk since you aren't in that kind of position? If you were a server owner, I'm sure you'd be frustrated and oppose the EULA. People do have lives and it just so happens some people make a living profit off of it on Minecraft. Wouldn't you agree making good money on here is reasonable than taking a job that pays you less than what you would now? Again, this is to hosting companies, devs, employees, etc. It also affects those because people have spend a lot of money on donating to those servers just to have fun. It's pretty unfair to take that away since people already paid for it and they aren't getting a refund.

I respect your opinion but I'd have to disagree with it. Many find this very important and it could affect them in many ways possible.

(Not trying to say this in a mean way or any negative way possible, just stating.)

Nasser

Iron Miner
Mojang, needs to be careful as they could destroy their online community with this. I think this will be a very unwise move for Mojang, most servers rely on donations to keep running, and some of those are barely scraping by. I understand that there's a few people out there abusing donations on their servers to make hundreds of dollars, but destroying servers that people have worked hard to make and are doing nothing but good is not the way to go about stopping them. If they continue to go through with this then they're going to have a big fight on their hands, people aren't just going to give up what they use to make a living out of, have spent months on and enjoy doing very easily.

Petition Signed!

-NasserDiamond

iPolooo

Zombie Killer
This is actually quite a scary thing to think about. I recently bought gold for survival and if the EULA takes place, that's about £35 down
the drain, and also , to be honest I love to play on minecraft snapcraft and to see it die would be horrible. Also, think how Bas and Martin are feeling.........

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
This is actually quite a scary thing to think about. I recently bought gold for survival and if the EULA takes place, that's about £35 down
the drain, and also , to be honest I love to play on minecraft snapcraft and to see it die would be horrible. Also, think how Bas and Martin are feeling.........

Exactly, that's why the petition was created :-P

And it's not just for snapcraft. Every single high-end server that receives donations (Hypixel, Hive etc.) will probably die out too if this EULA is put into action.

LegalSense

Void Walker
Exactly, that's why the petition was created :-P

And it's not just for snapcraft. Every single high-end server that receives donations (Hypixel, Hive etc.) will probably die out too if this EULA is put into action.
I've heard word from Hypixel that they said they won't be affected in any way. They said they spoke with mojang about it weeks before and a few days ago. I highly doubt that, but that's what they said.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
I've heard word from Hypixel that they said they won't be affected in any way. They said they spoke with mojang about it weeks before and a few days ago. I highly doubt that, but that's what they said.

Really? Huh... Well i guess that's hopes for one server that won't go down : P

Although i don't believe it too much either XD

OP
OP
hayden51

hayden51

Emerald Miner
Hypixel sadly has a deal with Mojang exempting them from the EULA.