A question on enchanted books.

Relentlessrage12

First Step
I am opening a new shop (/warp wares) but i don't know how to post shop signs for enchanted books. And if i did find a way would it have to be a plain vanilla enchant book. or would it not matter if that Prot IV book had a custom enchant like well fed. please help me

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
You can hold the item in your hand and do /iteminfo it will give you the code to put on the last line of the chest and the system will correct the code to the right wording. I usually put another sign above the chest to say the slang term.

OP
OP
Relentlessrage12

Relentlessrage12

First Step
You can hold the item in your hand and do /iteminfo it will give you the code to put on the last line of the chest and the system will correct the code to the right wording. I usually put another sign above the chest to say the slang term.
thanks do you know if custom enchants have their own item info

Jota_Jota

Tree Puncher
As a regular visitor to shopping warps, I suggest that you place an item frame with the item you are selling in it close to the chest shop. In the case of enchanted books, you'd better take one of the books and rename it before put it in an item frame because the item information is just a code, it doesn't specify the details of the item. The same thing can be made for potions and banners.

PS.: Each enchanted book has its own code, and it changes in accordance with the enchantment(s) inside the book.

For example:

403#jn (sharpness 3 + slowness 3 + hunger 1)
403#jo (sharpness 3 + hunger 1 + venon 2)
403#jp (sharpness 3 + lifeleech 1)

In such cases, 403 is the code for the enchanted book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Relentlessrage12

Relentlessrage12

First Step
As a regular visitor to shopping warps, I suggest that you place an item frame with the item you are selling in it close to the chest shop. In the case of enchanted books, you'd better take one of the books and rename it before put it in an item frame because the item information is just a code, it doesn't specify the details of the item. The same thing can be made for potions and banners.

PS.: Each enchanted book has its own code, and it changes in accordance with the enchantment(s) inside the book.

For example:

403#jn (sharpness 3 + slowness 3 + hunger 1)
403#jo (sharpness 3 + hunger 1 + venon 2)
403#jp (sharpness 3 + lifeleech 1)

In such cases, 403 is the code for the enchanted book.
Thanks, the main problem i am facing now is just having custom (or vanilla) enchantments making it so they are impossible to sell in my chest shop which can only sell one type of book even if they have the enchantment advertised on the chest shop sign.

jasonstover9

Zombie Killer
Invest in a handful of villager eggs. Make cages that are zombie proof but allow you to open a hatch (villagers can use doors) and interact. Keep placing them till a librarian villager is made. This will yield amazing books in a lot of cases. If you get one with mending you can sell the books for 10K each and sell out in a day. I do it every day. Or purchase from a book wholesaler. Who will produce bulk books of a wide variety and sell you large amounts for a reduced price. Although I don't know of any personally. Perhaps this thread is enough to get someones creative mind going.