Declined Chunk Collector Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammopp

Stone Miner
So I love the new addition of chunk collectors to the server and I think they are a great way to add on to whatever you are farming/doing to make money. You also don't need hoppers which are my favorite part!

An addition to chunk collectors that I think would be cool, is to have them be able to become double chests. I think this would be easier especially for people like me who buy these chests in bulk, wanting to farm/collect more. It would even save more space and make a section of my skyblock island less chaotic with single chests everywhere.
Overall the only real negative I can possibly think of is making sure it's not too buggy where people can dupe these chests. For example if I were to have paid 100k for a chunk collector that collects cactus, and then I were to take a normal/trapped chest and place it next to the chunk collector, to make the whole thing a double chest, it means I would save 100k and a hopper. So things like that are the only problems I can really think of that could be bad. Feel free to list more.

Note: I play skyblock so there are limits to using hoppers so these chests are my next option since I have already placed the max limit.
Here's my chaotic chunk collector chest area(the single chests are the chunk collectors lol) : https://imgur.com/a/MtoSkWa

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I could be wrong but am pretty sure that you can place hoppers underneath them, and then have those leading into standard double chests

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
I could be wrong but am pretty sure that you can place hoppers underneath them, and then have those leading into standard double chests
^ As far as I'm aware you can just use a hopper system and have a single chest. The drops aren't that quick that they will get blocked up as a single chest is quite decent space and hoppers are quite efficient also. I just don't see the need for this personally.

OP
OP
Sammopp

Sammopp

Stone Miner
Well the reason why I thought it would be a good idea is so I don't have to use hoppers, because I sadly hit the 50 limit on my island. But with some chunk collectors I already do the same thing as what you were saying I just thought it would be cool since, why not? If I buy two chunk collectors why cant I just make the a double chest to make it easier to collect and organize.

OP
OP
Sammopp

Sammopp

Stone Miner
^ As far as I'm aware you can just use a hopper system and have a single chest. The drops aren't that quick that they will get blocked up as a single chest is quite decent space and hoppers are quite efficient also. I just don't see the need for this personally.
You're right about not an exact need for this feature, but the more months that pass by, people most likely won't buy the hopper upgrade for skyblock. Since cactus farms, mob grinders, etc are the main way to make money they will use in game money to buy the closest thing to a hopper which would be the chunk collector. I understand how it isn't an exact need, especially since the server reset not too long ago but putting in this feature early will probably make this next new system easier for a lot of players who can't use hoppers. So yah this would probably be a better suggestion for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.