Clearing Things Up Abit (eg)

F

FreezeBlaze

So as most of the time, today I decided to hope on eg for a couple of hours...
Ever since before today, I thought that you could count on helpers to do what helpers are supposed to do, which is punish those breaking the rules, reinforce the rules etc.
I now realise that you can't count on staff (most helpers since they are most-likely newer) to do their job, you just have to hope for them to realise what they are supposed to do and to do it.
Now I could start writing down a list of names and a list of things that were punishable but that werent punished but I decided not to because I'd prefer not getting banned for "insulting" certain staff in a way.
All in all, don't count on staff to do their job, just hope that they do it.

Note : This wasn't pointed towards any staff or players in particular, its just that lately its been happening alot and its getting annoying.

Note #2 : I've also been playing sc for quite some time now (since mid 2014 I believe, right before NickHellspur joined I think) so I have seen alot happen over my time here and alot of wrong things happen.

~Freeze

Kath

Creeper Hugger
So as most of the time, today I decided to hope on eg for a couple of hours...
Ever since before today, I thought that you could count on helpers to do what helpers are supposed to do, which is punish those breaking the rules, reinforce the rules etc.
I now realise that you can't count on staff (most helpers since they are most-likely newer) to do their job, you just have to hope for them to realise what they are supposed to do and to do it.
Now I could start writing down a list of names and a list of things that were punishable but that werent punished but I decided not to because I'd prefer not getting banned for "insulting" certain staff in a way.
All in all, don't count on staff to do their job, just hope that they do it.

Note : This wasn't pointed towards any staff or players in particular, its just that lately its been happening alot and its getting annoying.

Note #2 : I've also been playing sc for quite some time now (since mid 2014 I believe, right before NickHellspur joined I think) so I have seen alot happen over my time here and alot of wrong things happen.

~Freeze
For my personal response to the little incident that took place in the few hours ago of disturbance, I recall the message you said aloud in chat. I will go off of a limb and take a wild guess that you are indirecting this message to the hacker(s) issue in the ongoing EG servers. Firstly, I would like to kindly note that, you should never always depend on staff members to punish player(s) along the lines of a possible usage of a hacked client. As part of our community, you, a player, may have the option to report players for any reason that argues against Snapcraft's code of conduct (rules) over the forums. Following the report, we, the staff team, will take action to reports in an appropriate manner. And of course, a bit of constructive criticism towards us won't be punishable unless it crosses a certain line (we are people, not robots--mistakes are common).

Lastly, I would also like to point out the amount of gracious hackusations floating around the servers. Let us also keep in mind hackusations are assumptions. Should you expect "most helpers" to shoot out a ban hammer for one (most likely) assumption? No. Not without a source of solid evidence. There's no "I saw him/her hitting 5 people at once," or "He/she 5 blocked me" because some people tend to stretch the truth.

New or not, helpers are about the same as any other staff member's responsibility to the server in general. We all vary onto our actions.

You may point fingers, but, however, your opinion is yours to how you view the team.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

Yea there was the thing with you, where you didn't somehow notice some guy crouching while sprint jumping with his bow pulled into a 1v4 and killing all of them at once like a wild maniac, then again I expect mistakes every so often. This happens way more often then people think (I see atleast 2 a day on eg, and I only play for around 4-ish hours a day) which means that there are those 2 people who are clearly doing something wrong and get away with it. Now I know that tons of people will just start saying "why don't you record it" well I don't because I don't have a recording software, and I don't feel like getting one just because 2-ish mistakes are made per day.

EDIT : I'd also like to quickly mention that there are some amazing helpers out there who do their job as best that they can, just wanted to let people know that not everybody is "ready" to be a helper in my opinion.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Yea there was the thing with you, where you didn't somehow notice some guy crouching while sprint jumping with his bow pulled into a 1v4 and killing all of them at once like a wild maniac, then again I expect mistakes every so often. This happens way more often then people think (I see atleast 2 a day on eg, and I only play for around 4-ish hours a day) which means that there are those 2 people who are clearly doing something wrong and get away with it. Now I know that tons of people will just start saying "why don't you record it" well I don't because I don't have a recording software, and I don't feel like getting one just because 2-ish mistakes are made per day.

EDIT : I'd also like to quickly mention that there are some amazing helpers out there who do their job as best that they can, just wanted to let people know that not everybody is "ready" to be a helper in my opinion.
There is quite a difference gap between your perspective and mine solely in that specific game. In my POV, I saw nothing. If he did "crouch while sprint jumping with his bow pulled back," I did not catch it nor see the few seconds during my that moment. Should you expect me to take immediate action? Yes, to some extent I attempted to do what I could do to the best of my ability. Furthermore, I will not "ban" supposed hackers. It is perfectly acceptable that recording softwares aren't an option, but on a note, they are most useful to backup said claims. Helpers whom are "not ready," I say we all will eventually learn throughout our different experiences.