Custom Enchants (ce's)

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Can somebody that really knows what they are talking about explain and help me understand how to get custom enchants, limitations, and the chance of getting them? I would appreciatte it becuase I have enchanted 10+ diamond stuff and got 0 ce's on the enchant table on the left with the choice that takes away 1 xp row and requires 3-6 total rows of xp. But on the same table, with the choice that takes away 3 xp rows and requires 30 total rows I have gotten a ce every time.

Rektah

First Step
Basically
Enchanting anything that costs 15xp and over will give you a chance of getting a CE. I believe its a 1/10 chance to get a custom enchant

Nlus

Stone Miner
Enchanting something that costs 10exp or higher has a chance of providing your item a custom enchant.
I suggest you use the enchanting table in the center whilst enchanting to have a bigger chance on obtaining custom enchants.

If your main priority is to gain sets from enchanting, you choose the enchanting table which holds the option to enchant a item with the cost of 30exp.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
^ To confirm that is the method

OP
OP
D

DrChopsticksMD

Gold Miner
Enchanting something that costs 10exp or higher has a chance of providing your item a custom enchant.
I suggest you use the enchanting table in the center whilst enchanting to have a bigger chance on obtaining custom enchants.

If your main priority is to gain sets from enchanting, you choose the enchanting table which holds the option to enchant a item with the cost of 30exp.
Thx!

AndreasManU

Zombie Killer

It is changed to level 5+ instead of level 10