Cyber Bullying/insults

Idontrox

Diamond Miner
First let's start with what cyber bullying is :

Cyberbullying basically is using technology to deliberately and repeatedly bully someone.
It can include:
abusive texts and emails
hurtful messages, images or videos
imitating others online to set them up
excluding others online
nasty online gossip and chat
Releasing classified information about someone
Doing something someone doesn't want you to

Well on snapcraft Skype each other and some people don't like people telling the whole snapcraft a certain person's name this has happened a lot including people just making fun and just abusive texts and things well I made this thread because these things have been getting out of hand people getting really mad and just having thoughts of leaving snapcraft and no one wants that. People think bullying on minecraft is different? Well it isn't cyber bullying is way more serious than you think people even have commit suicide due to this and it causes a lot of depression here is a article I found:

Researchers have discovered a strong link between bullying and depression. Depression is an illness that is not totally understood, and may have a variety of causes, but it is clear that it can have a relationship to bullying. Both bullies and their victims are more likely to suffer from depression than youth who are not involved in bullying. This connection can be long-lasting; people who are bullied as children are more likely to suffer from depression as an adult than children not involved in bullying.

Depression can have a number of serious effects on a person's life. The link between bullying and depression can also extend to other problems, like:

Low self esteem
Anxiety
High rates of school absence
Physical illness

This is just a little bit of information but I think it is enough for the people of snapcraft

So please just stop bullying.

Regards
Idontuseit

Here is a little quote from trial:

'Don't let bullies force you how to feel. Don't make them make you feel sad, depressed, frustrated or angry. You are in charge of how you feel and every single day, you should choose to feel happy. Sometimes, situations like that will unfold and you'll be able to work something out and learn something from it.

Last edited:

LegalSense

Void Walker
I love this thread and it's entire purpose, but it's almost impossible for someone not to cyber bully. Whether it's just to play around or not, you'll see any type of bullying everyday...

People using technology to harass people in a deliberate manner, blah. Really wish it never existed but sadly it does. That's why we have rules on Snapcraft and staff members to take care of the cyber bullies :). Nice thread though!

OP
OP
Idontrox

Idontrox

Diamond Miner
I love this thread and it's entire purpose, but it's almost impossible for someone not to cyber bully. Whether it's just to play around or not, you'll see any type of bullying everyday...

People using technology to harass people in a deliberate manner, blah. That's why we have rules on Snapcraft and staff members to take care of the cyber bullies :). Nice thread though!

Well people get depressed I made this for the people who bully and don't realise what they are actually doing. staff take effect I understand that but the cyber bully's can have permanent effect on people if they stop that the depression will stop and people won't quit and nothing is impossible if people just don't release someone's information a lot of people will stop quitting.

LegalSense

Void Walker
Well people get depressed I made this for the people who bully and don't realise what they are actually doing. staff take effect I understand that but the cyber bully's can have permanent effect on people if they stop that the depression will stop and people won't quit and nothing is impossible if people just don't release someone's information a lot of people will stop quitting.
I know. There are about millions of videos/posts/threads about anti-bullying and it's drastic effects, but people persist on doing so, for some reason.

I'm a depressed kind of person but I just shrug it off. It's true that cyber bullying has drastic effects but you just can't let it get to you. But Y'know, people will criticize you, break you, and hate you, but how strong you are is what makes you.

I know this sounds crazy but, every negative experience has a positive. Just don't get too down about it, you'll work it out as you go along and you'll also probably learn something from it.

Don't let bullies force you how to feel. Don't make them make you feel sad, depressed, frustrated or angry. You are in charge of how you feel and every single day, you should choose to feel happy. Sometimes, situations like that will unfold and you'll be able to work something out and learn something from it.

OP
OP
Idontrox

Idontrox

Diamond Miner
I know. There are about millions of videos/posts/threads about anti-bullying and it's drastic effects, but people persist on doing so, for some reason.

I'm a depressed kind of person but I just shrug it off. It's true that cyber bullying has drastic effects but you just can't let it get to you. But Y'know, people will criticize you, break you, and hate you, but how strong you are is what makes you.

I know this sounds crazy but, every negative experience has a positive. Just don't get too down about it, you'll work it out as you go along and you'll also probably learn something from it.

Don't let bullies force you how to feel. Don't make them make you feel sad, depressed, frustrated or angry. You are in charge of how you feel and every single day, you should choose to feel happy. Sometimes, situations like that will unfold and you'll be able to work something out and learn something from it.

It is true but people as old as 7 Skype and they don't know how to control themselves and do you mind if I edit my thread and put what you said on their the last paragraph?