Forums Detailed Rules!

iFlyYT

Tree Puncher
Minecraft Username:
iFlyYT​

Suggestion's Title
Detailed Rules!​

Suggestion Details
One of the most important things about a community is to have rules. There is some communities that are very brief on the rules and doesn't give much of an explanation and it doesn't really allow the user to abide by the rules without actually finding out what the rule entails.

Which means the rules need a bit more of an explanation, such as the "Swearing" rule. Does that mean I am not allowed to curse or I am not allowed to curse at other people (being rude). Providing examples would be a good thing.

I also feel like the current rules page is a bit document. It makes me imagine of a book that taught the law in the most basic sense, it's easy to read but sometimes it is just boring. Add sections. I suggest doing a rule name and then offenses and description (may seem a little like Jartex but it works out nicely!).

This could also increase the amount of staff reports, you may think why is that ever a good thing but if you allow this change to go through, a much cleaner rule page and more in depth about the rules and examples provided. Players would be able to both understand the rules and point out whenever a staff member was wrong, whether that is an honest mistake or purely abuse. It could also go the opposite. It could increase the amount of staff applicants, having clean rules that players can understand easily could further motivate them into applying for a staff position as they wouldn't be confused or having to find a bit in a document about a rule.​

How could this idea help improve Snapcraft?
Explained above​

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
If a rule is hard to understand, you can always ask a staff member.

OP
OP
iFlyYT

iFlyYT

Tree Puncher
If a rule is hard to understand, you can always ask a staff member.
And whilst we can, a better rules page would be the easier option. It would result into less staff members being DMed and it would appeal more to players too, I'd rather play on a server that has clear rules rather than one that makes it hard to read. With this addition, players may be more wanting to stay on the server, as they could feel that the same way i do, about the rules page, and may need an answer within a second which is too much to ask for a staff member to answer within.