Added Factions suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse777

First Step
This is a list of some suggestions to factions that I think would be useful.

Suggestion1-I believe that there should be a /roam command. This allows for people to see what the best place to raid a base at is, since there can be boxes with different spawners. This would allow you to get there value from a raid, instead of just raiding a giant base for 1/4 of there value.

Suggestion2- There should be a core claim implemented. This would mean that only claims attached to that claim could have spawners. This means that you can't make a main base, and split value between that main, and some random underground chunk. In one of my seasons playing factions we had a faction move all there value to a random claim underground since we raided them too much.

Suggestion3- I think that a lower durability of obsidian should be implemented to factions. The current durability is 12. The main issue with this is that when trying to force raid a base(raid while a faction is online and defending) you need a anti patch, but a faction just placing a strait line of obsidian in the place your raiding means, that a good anti patch would not be able to break more than 30 pieces most likely. A faction of 2 or 3 online people could place faster than this. I suggest that the durability be nerfed to somewhere between 4-7.

Suggestion4- I think that some of the illegal cannons should be allowed. First, push nukes, push nukes are just a special type of nuke that will break a wall a bit farther apart and is better for tnt usage. Also I believe that reverse nukes/reverse hybrids should also be allowed. Reverse nukes can sometimes be needed for a certain raid, this means that not allowing them makes many more bases not raidable. Also reverse hybrids also may be needed for other special raids. They aren't very overpowered since they need a backboard, won't have an osrb, and have a decently hard time raiding sometimes.

Suggestion5- I think that you should be allowed more than 3 chunks of anti nuke walls. In my opinion most of the time anti nuke walls do not do much. Since most bases are at 255 the anti nuke walls will just be useless. Also, since there is no horizontal obsidian gens, it is much harder to make a ton of anti nuke walls. This means that if you want to make more it will take a lot of time of hand placing lines of obsidian.

Suggestion6- another suggestion is a buff to vote keys, uncommon keys, common keys, and the keygreed enchant. I think that the keygreed enchant is a good idea, but as of now it is almost useless. If you buff vote keys, mostly the money slips and maybe add a hostile spawner with a 1 percent chance. I think that buffing keygreed and common and uncommon keys would really be a way to change the economy some. As of now it is pretty much only cactus. If you had mining for keys that could give good loot and higher chances of better keys, it would make it that you could do something different than just printing cactus. Also an enchant for swords/axes that has a small chance to get keys from killing a mob. Since blazes were removed from f missions grinding has become less and less useful. This would help adding a new key based part to economy.

Suggestion7- I think that there should be new f missions again. The current f missions don't really do anything for you. If you want to get chunkbusters from f shop it is hard to get, enough especially early in the season. If you re add stuff like blaze and maybe add some keys you can buy, again would buff a new kind of economy and would have f mission stuff like silverfish spawners be worth it.

Suggestion8- Another suggestion is about chunkbusters and trench picks. I believe that chunkbusters are too hard to get. It is the really only good way for trenching a base, since you can't tnt trench until after grace. Since f missions are obscure and still would take too much time to get enough chunkbusters I think chunkbusters should be added to shop. The price could be between 50k-100k even though it should be on the lower end. Most bases are around 300-600 claims sometimes more, this means that at 50k a chunkbuster the lower end of bases still take 15million dollars to build. Also if trench picks were buffed to something like 7by7, you could increase the price too, as of know trench picks are pretty useless because of the size of bases and how little of an area they break.

Suggestion9- I think you should add a new rank above immortal. The rank could have another pv which would be really nice to have. Also, the rank could have a kit that is p5u4 with speed 2 boots. Possibly the new rank could be the only rank with /roam, although that would make a p2w aspect a lot worse. It could have other buffs like /fix to 18 hours and /fix all to 6 days. I think that a lot of little things like maybe a custom enchant bundle every few days that's just 1 of each custom enchant varity. You could call it God rank, although that could cause conflict. You could even have a daily /invis command that will make you invisible for 10 minutes.

Suggestion10- This suggestion is pretty simple, I think the maps should be shorter. Most factions maps are usually between 1month-2months long. This would help keep the playerbase since if you did not get a corner you would not need to wait 6 months if you wanted one, since corners are really important. It would also help keep the server fresh, you could still wait every 2 wipes or so to add a new map, but as long as you either added a few new things or just some stuff to spice it up, people would play a lot more. I notice that in the first few weeks factions has a ton of people, but later on it dies down a lot.

Suggestion11- Wilderness fly/ flying in enemy territory. I believe that you should be able to fly in the wilderness or in enemy territory because there is no longer wither raiding. This would make it nice for traveling around the map, and you could have it disabled on wipe. You could have it disable when an enemy is near like always, so that you couldn't attack while flying.

Sorry for the giant post, I just wanted to get my ideas out there incase any of them would be considered.

Thank you for reading.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
suggestion 1- Disagree- This has been suggested previously and I do not feel we should implement this. I do know some faction servers allow it, but it interferes with many different things although it does come with its benefits for players.
We don't allow replaymod, freecam, I do not think we should allow /roam

suggestion 6- Partial Agree- Keys were previously just buffed and added more rewards. I like some of the ideas suggested though.

suggestion 7- Agree- I agree regarding the f missions, other players have requested this as well

suggestion 8- Agree- I think adding more ways to receive chunk buster would be more friendly for newer players as well.

suggestion 9- Partial Agree- I like the idea of adding a new rank, I do not agree with some of your suggested features. Disagree with invis and /roam. Invis is removed from the game, adding it in a different feature for ranks only would be weird.

suggestion 10- This isn't so realistic to do for snapcraft unless players do not want big updates & changes. Snapcraft has many servers to work on and this time range may not be realistic for it. But, in regards to how quickly things die out, I feel 3-4 months sounds nice for a wipe here.

Suggestion 11- Disagree- Flying in wilderness is quite the advantage, I feel if it were added as well it would only be for ranks. This makes it even more unfair. It will make pvp weird, etc. and reminds me of just playing on survival. I also just don't think there should be flying in enemy claims, you're raiding and this will still be quite the advantage.

The suggestions that I did not respond to, I do not have say in bc lack of knowledge or experience in factions

OP
OP
E

Eclipse777

First Step
Thanks for you response, I see what you mean about roam and wilderness flying. The only thing I was concerned about, which is why I added the roam suggestion was that since I didn't play this season with the new rules about not encasing spawners, I was curious about if people were allowed many boxes in there base. Which would make it really difficult to raid due to the fact that you could only really get 1 box at a time without knowing where you would shooting. Thanks for your input.

Deadly_k1tten

Stone Miner
Staff member
Helper
1. Disagree- Feel like it would be abused a lot. Just like Replay mod.
2. Agree - It would make factions a lot more interesting to play, would increase the risk factor with your faction value.
3. Disagree - I think Obsidian is good as it is
4. -
5. Partial Agree - I would only increase it to 4 or 6 chunks though
6. Partial Agree - Some rewards could do with a rework to make keys worth it
7. Agree
8. Agree - but would go the higher end, at about 75k each to still make it a grind
9. Partial Disagree - No new rank is needed, however open to the idea of buying 1 pv on /buy and maybe the lower /fix cooldown as well
10. Partial Agree - Reduce to 4 months would be my suggestion for snapcraft
11. Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.