Guide/Tips for getting the most out of mines

flleeppyy

First Step
When playing prison, you want to progress as much as possible while taking up the least amount of time. I'll be showing you some of the methods I've been using to try and get the most out of mining (After making this I realized this is more of a guide, so... take it as you will)

The methods that I use involve a lot of waiting and not so much action, so if you're into casual mining, I'm not sure if this thread is right for you.

I apologize if some of this terminology is hard to understand, I'll try my best to explain it along with images.

Pickaxe
The pickaxe that I use is an upgraded Boss pickaxe, with only a few enchantments.
hzBOkZU.png

Slicing 3 is the most important here. Everything else doesn't really matter besides a Unbreaking level.
Slicing 3 has a cool-down of 7 minutes, so get a timer ready on your phone or something that has a timer, and set it for 7 minutes. Start it whenever you use slicing.

Here's a (probably inaccurate) list of the cool-down times for slicing
(Slices 1 layer of blocks) 1 - 5 minutes
(Slices 2 layers of blocks) 2 - 6 Minutes
(Slices 3 layer of blocks) 3 - 7 Minutes

Analyzing mines
Every mine has a hologram that shows you details of the resources in the mine, their spawn chance, and sell amount.

Take mine J for example
Y39NrRM.png

Find the resource that has the highest sell price, and spawn rate and note those down, aswell as those that have a high price but low spawn rate.
For most mines, you'll want to ignore stone.

Inventory Setup & Experimenting
From the resources that you've taken down, grab a decent amount of those, and distribute one of each across your entire inventory, based on the spawn rate.

Here's how mine is setup
nuaL8G6.png

After using my pickaxe
eyV2FoE.png.

And here's what it sold for
XNmPP1T.png

Take a look at what the selling price is for Quartz, it's pretty high!
Based on this, rearrange your inventory so that quartz has more space in your inventory and you'll get more.

upz41V5.png

aE4YRNr.png

Here's a tip you can use with your Ender chest, or if you have access to player vaults:
Grab large amounts of the resources that you've stored in your inventory, so you can easily stock up again after you've sold your items after mining.

If you find that some of your adjustments don't completely fill up your inventory entirely, replace them with some other resources. Keep doing this until you find that sweet spot that makes you the most money.

Additional stuff
If you're at a busy mine, make sure to use your pickaxe on an area that's completely full with blocks, otherwise you won't get the most resources.

Wrapping up

I hope this guide/thread has been helpful to you on your journey to rank up and get more money. I may come back to this and add more!
Until next time :3

P.S if you want to free up an extra space in your inventory, clear out your backpack, then sell it for like, $1 on /ah. If you relog, it will come back though.

JustMini

Tree Puncher
I'm not really into prison, however, this seems like a really nice guide!
Might get myself to start playing it sometimes, thanks for the guide :)

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
very nice, it is interesting to see how much can actually go into the techniques for mining lol

cool of you to put your time into this for new players ! :-P

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Was interesting to see your thought process live on stream :)

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Epic guide! I suck at prison, so this is a great help.