Help On Survival

SurrenderToMe

Stone Miner
What are the ways you can get a rare key in survival?

Cookie

Diamond Miner
You can get a rare key by:
  • Killing Mobs - They have a random chance of dropping keys
  • Mining - Once you have mined 20,000 blocks, you will receive a rare (Also, every 200, and 500 blocks, you get an uncommon)

iToasterrr

Answer to Life
Here's some other info: Mobs, no matter how you kill them, will always have a chance to drop keys. So you will get keys out of grinders. The only problem with mobs is that they don't drop as often anymore, so you need a good spawner room with at least 5 or 6 spawners if you hope to get any.

With mining, I suggest that you grab an efficiency 3 or higher pick (unbreaking helps a LOT), then go to the nether and mine it out. Its tedious, but if you get a spawner from that rare key, it's totally worth it.

ShaunSkats

Banned
I am not 100% postive on this but I have seen people claim to have gotten rare crate keys from killing certain mobs in the higher tiered dungeons. Although none of this has been comfirmed, it is still an interested theory. Another way to get rare crate keys is from the /warp tokens and spending your hard earned tokens on a rare crate key.

Frijolero

Emerald Miner
I am not 100% postive on this but I have seen people claim to have gotten rare crate keys from killing certain mobs in the higher tiered dungeons. Although none of this has been comfirmed, it is still an interested theory. Another way to get rare crate keys is from the /warp tokens and spending your hard earned tokens on a rare crate key.

All mobs have exactly the same chance to drop a key...

OpticUniversse

Zombie Killer
Usually, if you have an Efficency 4 pickaxe and Unbraking 3, you can get a rare key in about 30 minutes if you mine in the nether.
However, make sure you bring plenty of fire resistance potions and a couple spare pickaxes for repairing :)