How do the iron block/gold block anvils work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted_Skull

First Step
As you can see in the attached screenshot, I'm very clearly above level 50 in both EXP levels and server-level, but the "anvils" you can make by placing iron/gold blocks still refuse to work. So, how do the iron block "anvils" and gold block "salvage anvils" work?

Attachments

• 2022-06-16_04.07.32.png
    2022-06-16_04.07.32.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 84

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Believe it is "/swords" that you need to be lvl 50. Could also be repair. Either one

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
As you can see in the attached screenshot, I'm very clearly above level 50 in both EXP levels and server-level, but the "anvils" you can make by placing iron/gold blocks still refuse to work. So, how do the iron block "anvils" and gold block "salvage anvils" work?
It’s not EXP levels you need, it’s mcmmo. You gain levels by repairing gear with the mcmmo anvil (I believe)

OP
OP
Enchanted_Skull

Enchanted_Skull

First Step
It’s not EXP levels you need, it’s mcmmo. You gain levels by repairing gear with the mcmmo anvil (I believe)
What exactly is the difference between a regular anvil and a MCMMO anvil? If it's the iron blocks, I can't use those anyway.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
What exactly is the difference between a regular anvil and a MCMMO anvil? If it's the iron blocks, I can't use those anyway.
Repairing something on a regular anvil won't last forever - it has a limited number of repairs. With an MCMMO anvil (like the iron block), I believe you get an infinite amount of repairs.

On prison, repairing something on an MCMMO anvil will remove the vanilla enchantments - not sure whether this is the same on survival. Obviously this doesn't occur on a regular anvil :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.