Pending KitPvP Suggestions!

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hi all,

Got quite a few suggestions to improve KitPvP for everyone. Let me know any that you disagree with down below :)

Further balancing of kits:
-I think the kits are more fair than they've ever been, however, theres still issues for new players joining the server where they dont have the gear needed. Although, it's important that we still recognise those that have donated to the server. I will add the kits in a spoiler below to not spam the thread.
Player kit: Full P1 iron armour, 3 gapples, regular bow, regular iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 steak.
Member kit: P1 iron chest, legs, helm, P2 iron boots, 3 gapples, regular bow, iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 steak.
Warrior kit: P1 iron chest and legs, P2 iron boots and helm, 4 gapples, regular bow, regular iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 steak,
Knight rank: P1 iron chest, P2 iron boots, helm and legs, 5 gapples, P1 bow, sharp 1 iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 arrows.
Paladin rank: Full P2 iron, 5 gapples, P1 bow, sharp 1 iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 steak.
Templar rank: Full P2 iron, 8 gapples, P2 bow, sharp 1 iron sword, 32 arrows and 16 steak
Emperor rank: Full P2 iron, 10 gapples, P2 bow, sharp 2 iron sword, 48 arrows and 16 steak.
All kits have increased stats compared to previous, and means that diamonds should still be able to farm in PvP whilst also simultaneously giving players more chance to fight back/do damage.

New Map:
As a community when the next reset is announced vote on the map you want to see come back, aspects you want from each map, or if you want to see a complete new map, (this will ofc take time to build if there isnt already one available). This can be done by releasing a poll, posting it in game, on the forums and on discord to give everyone a chance to vote.

KOTH:

Think we can all agree the implementation of KOTH has been a W. I personally like the time it takes to cap, and do agree that it should be difficult to knock players off KOTH without running in and fighting. This means keeping the high walls surrounding it. As this still allows irons to take dura off those capping. I do however think that there should be more locations for KOTH, perhaps 3 would be good across the map, each bringing different problems with the terrain and location surrounding.

KOTH summoners:

Just like the webstore on factions, include these onto KitPvP. Have them at the same price that they are on the factions store, and allow players to purchase and summon KOTH at any of the 3 locations This would perhaps bring about more PvP, and allows players during the quieter times that log on to have the chance to receive the rewards where they normally wouldnt.

KOTH rewards:
Add a KOTH crate into snap! A crate that can only be opened from getting a KOTH key, not available to buy on the webstore. Potential rewards could be:
-Auto speed 2, auto jump 3 dia boots,
-5 god apples.
-Statrack token
-2x potions of str.
-Money notes
-Custom enchant sword and bow
-16 epearls
-64 xp bottles

Fishing:
Fishing is a unique aspect of Snap KitPvP which many players enjoy. It also a good way to make money. I think there should be a fishing pond/area at spawn where players can make money and fish without the risk of dying. This would also be beneficial to new players starting out on the server as it would give them a place to safely make money and also get to know the community. This could be accessed by /warp fishing located at spawn. Also reduce the fishing rod price to $50.
As a side note fish speed seems to have slowed down, increase the rate at which you catch fish again to make it bearable.

Time before a reset:
Typically on Snap KitPvP tends to reset once every 8 months-1 year. I believe we should shorten this time down to 5 months, and make this clear when the server is reset so that everyone is aware. Other servers are resetting their gamemodes in the same sort of window, and it seems to be a success. This would keep KitPvP fresh and exciting. Due to the shortened reset window, it is unlikely that there would be new content available all the time, so dont expect miracles.

'Winning' a KitPvP map:

At current we have the LMS event on Snap, which is very exciting and brings a lot of players back each season, therefore this should stay. However, it would be cool if there could be a 'winning' gang each map. As there is a lot of banter and insults that go flying in chat. So I think it would be cool to give a gang credit for winning a map. This could be done a number of ways.
-Make the /g fight commands functional, and whatever gang wins the most amount of fights win, (you use your own loot and is dropped upon death).
-Whatever gang has the most kills
-Whatever gang has the most KOTH captures.

Gangs/Gang lock:

I believe gang size should be capped at 6, with /g upgrade allowing for up to 8 members in total. I think the gang rule that was in-place at the start of the map was a good idea, but hard to enforce as a staff member and also there were ways to bypass the 'full dia enchanted armour' so this shouldnt come back.
Set a rule, (similar to factions) where all accounts on an IP must either be in the same gang, or have no gang. Make a gang lock system, where after 3 weeks into the map, you cannot leave your gang, but are able to join/create one if you havent already. This would create more competition, as if you want your gang to 'win' the map you'll need to fight your 'friends' to ensure that your gang caps KOTH.

Enchanting signs:
Either remove the enchanting signs and spawn or make them viable as currently the only use they get is a player accidently clicking on them and then losing money.

Missions:
This has been mentioned before but add missions for players to strive towards, giving money rewards for simplicity.

Coinflips:
Reduce CF tax back to 5%.

In-game events:
Events like hunt the melon block or parkour to be done by senior stuff more often and announced prior to taking place so that everyone knows. Money/Key rewards once again.

Money received from kills/assists:
If there was a reduced time before reset, slightly increase money from kills/assists to reflect the gamestate. The increased money that has already been implemented is a W tho.

Outposts:
Last map was super active before outposts were nerfed, meaning only north gives a rare key. Although Maarten has already made outposts more useful, I still dont think they get the attention they deserve, and are a unique aspect of KitPvP. Suggestion is to buff them further, perhaps West could give out kill keys after 5 mins, East could give epearls every 10 minutes for example.
Although the buffs currently are useful, it was much more exciting for players when everyone was fighting trying to secure the keys in-front of another gang.

Hopefully these suggestions are achievable and there is nothing too major, as I know Maarten is very busy IRL at the moment. Let me know your thoughts :)

Pais3-Mamus

First Step
I think the fishing spot i spawn is a bad idea because you would be able to autofish, which would allow cheaters to make a lot of money. I think the idea of a winning gang is a good idea, tho i dont think you should be "locked" in 1 gang. I also think Cfs should be completly removed since they destroy the idea of "grinding to win" since you would be able to make money as long as your lucky. Everything else i completly agree with.
might even return if these things get added tbh