/level Is Slowing Down

Depression

Gold Miner
[If you don't care all too much about /level, this won't really be of much use to you]
Just a quick warning, you'll see a lot of players who used to speed through the /level leaderboards start to slow down, a lot. This is due to how many players where using cheeky methods to level up. Now I'm not claiming that any of the examples shown below have 100% used this method, they just seem as very probably guesses as to who will be slowing down.

Our first example is currently level 223, which places him in 5th place currently.
a8ef5f35594b94014edd999bd4aa141d.png

Now let's compare his stats to somebody near his level. This is my good friend sugarpai currently level 208 which places her in 10th place :
0b52979d7604dd9e5ad3a7753de7b12c.png

Alright so the first thing you'll notice is the playtime. Sugarpai has about 3x Gork_'s online time. Gork_'s online time is unusually low compared to anybody even remotely close to him other than those who also used this cheeky leveling method. You'll also notice a much lower Blocks Walked stat, being about 7.89x lower than Sugarpai's. In terms of kills, sugarpai clearly knocks Gork_ out of the water with over 100k kills compared to his 16k. Now /level doesn't show all stats that factor into /level exp, for example it does not consider/show mob kills. Mob kills can be a very reliable and legit way to speed up the /level process. Sadly, you'll notice that his exp has obviously come from another stat. Let's take a look at how much of his exp was gained solely from Blocks Broken and Blocks Placed. Both of these stats are what are boosted using this cheeky leveling method that I've been mentioning. For those who aren't aware, every 10 blocks broken give 8 exp (For blocks that count towards your stats page on /level). That alone is roughly ~2,868,927, which translates into roughly 79.143% of his total exp. That's his Blocks broken stat alone, not including the exp gained from blocks placed.

He isn't the only player with a suspicious looking stat page. There are a few more contestants.
Next up we have ShadowKilled, currently level 212 which places him in 8th place.
aa9ad9253256664eed2840f8fd41dc20.png

Next we have dimondpower1, who looks much less sketchy due to their high playtime, but I'll add it in nonetheless. They are currently level 203, which places them in 12th place.
41a77a0d306bf1c3893a76b9a0b36ef0.png

After looking through all of the top 100 players on /level top, I've noticed a few players with a few 100k blocks placed/walked, but not nearly as much as these players.

Just thought I'd put it out there, if you are wondering about this leveling method, I will not explain is since it has already been patched as well as all variations of it due to it being originally exposed a while ago when it was named the "Torch Method", and then players found a few ways around the fix. Maarten has since then fixed all variations of it (I double and triple checked).

If you guys find any others with suspicious stats pages, feel free to comment them down below!

~Mystijel

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hi, I'm level 152 and I've been playing since the system came out :3
And I got 31982 kills.

Reactions: Bas