Pending Major Server Suggestions

jarredframe

First Step
Greetings Reader,

Separate Event Server
I have come to make a few ideas of mine heard. The first idea I could potentially see happening is a separate event server. what I mean by this is having a separate server that is only open for a couple hours to host events. This could reduce lag on the main server and be easier to handle. to give the server ip to others you could advertise it in main chat and in discord. I know we have one in the main server being worked on but i feel it would be easier to do with a separate temporary server.

Chat Games
As we see in some areas fishing contest. I have seen plugins that have implemented a fun and entertaining way of appeasing the player either in chat or just in the game. Some small and painless ones could be Marriage Master. I know a lot of people think it wouldn't really benefit but with all it offers it would bring people in chat to be more talkative and entertained with others. this would be a good way for players to communicate and have some fun.

Event Team
I feel adding an event team to handle the events would take a lot of staff members stress away. I think all staff members should have a chance to "apply" to this position to help "run" the events. admins and owner could setup the server and make sure it works while the other staff control the event. we could switch it up and have up to 3 staff running

Event Games
some event games that I could see in the near future to make people happy are (King of the hill, Treasure hunt, Maze Maps, Quick build games, etc. I would say this could be a really fun way of picking winners for major prizes such as instore credit or even items/ranks in game.

Survival Update
This is a big change that would change the whole base of snap craft survival. I have all plans for this and one of them being is to add a Pokémon plugin. As weird as this may seem it gives a survival player one more thing to do while living in the wild. you could have builders build quest sites for certain Pokémon owners and capture and fight Pokémon's. you could have pokestops added and collect potions and pokeballs. and you could own your own Pokémon as well. And even at that we don't have to just do that. we could do something similar to have a player more involved in normal vanilla survival.

Art Galleries (across all servers)
There should either be a whole separate sub server or in each sub server have a /warp art and travel to this place where people make arts and you can "apply" on the forums to have your art work published on the wall, I have a plugin in mind that could bring this idea to life. There could also be art contests that winners could potentially win something good.

Daily Item Villager
I think it would make players more active if there were a villager that would donate a key each day for logging in. I know voting for the server is already a thing but having that extra in game interaction would boost players activity.

Black-Market Villager
I believe I have suggested this before but adding a villager someone around spawns of (factions,survival,skyblock) a way for players to auction a certain amount of money to an item that a villager has. They could have something really good. The one major thing is that it could be every weekend so players could look forward to it. but staff would have to add the item the day of unless there is a way to work around it.

Public Chests
as in survival spawn there are chests all players can access. This would be nice to add next to the information board. This would give players to get rid of things and set in a chest for others that may need it. I would say a double chest on another double chest would be enough for all players to add things they need. there is no need to monitor the chests either unless there are inappropriate names on things but other than that I could see this being a good add on.

Public Message Board
a lot of players host their warps on /ah or spam in chat. but I think adding a nice 4x8 wall where players can place like a couple signs hosting their islands. We as a staff member would have to watch and make sure players aren't being inappropriate with the language and make sure they aren't abusing the ability to place signs. If a player removes a sign they could be warned personally by a staff member.

Kit PVP Fishing Nerf
Someone suggested nerfing the fishing on kit because its to easy to make money off of it and bring back the original enchants because players prefer the old ways better. I don't have to much thought on this although I do remember what it used to be like and I did personally like it more.

Staff Applications
I think things would be more professional and more easier to choose from applicants if they have a "resume" type of things build with things they are active in or are participating in during their everyday life. I think we could build a character based off that information. I know during the current application process we ask to tell us more about them but if we have them focus more on the about them part we could build a better picture. This could be established during the "pending" stage. The applicant can receive the "not denied nor accepted" and take action into making that document via Google Docs or just on the forums where the application was published. I think a persons personality is very important in a professional life.

Prison Warp Commands
Some players suggest adding commands to remove a warp from the /pw section. Another command they want is to be able to lock their plots so players cannot enter or teleport to it.

Best regards, Andrew

Last edited:

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Event servers - seeing as there’s rarely any events that would just be a waste of money on a server in my opinion.

Event staff - there’s already event managers and they use their friends in the staff team as help so it’s like already a thing ish? Just they don’t have a role.

Pokemon - a lot of people don’t really care for pokemon so idk if that’s a useful idea, might bring a few people but nothing long term.

Daily villager thing - it’s already a thing on ZombieV kinda and it was a good way to start up when the server reset, would be nice to maybe add a similar thing.

Black market - there’s a server that has a ‘mystery man’ that arrives every Saturday and you spend tokens to get the good items from there, might be something to look into.

Community chest - not super useful but doesn’t hurt either.

Public board - I personally prefer as it is now, via /ah or chat. If they spam it there’s solutions for that as well.

just my own opinions :)

OP
OP
jarredframe

jarredframe

First Step
Hey thanks for the feedback! I will say i never had a thing for Pokémon and I don't have interest in it but the plugin I am talking about does more than pull you in. its so fun to run around the world and catch crazy Pokémon. there's even a thing to where you can catch pink Pokémon and such. I think personally the feeling of being able to catch the Pokémon is super fun and entertaining!

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
When events come along, we have an events server open.

There is already an events team basically, haven’t exactly worked on recent ones though.

For any other suggestions I agree with what ashys said

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
When events come along, we have an events server open.
^
There is already an events team basically, haven’t exactly worked on recent ones though.
^

Daily villager thing - it’s already a thing on ZombieV kinda and it was a good way to start up when the server reset, would be nice to maybe add a similar thing.
^
Black market - there’s a server that has a ‘mystery man’ that arrives every Saturday and you spend tokens to get the good items from there, might be something to look into.
^
Public board - I personally prefer as it is now, via /ah or chat. If they spam it there’s solutions for that as well.
^

Public Chests - yes!

Event Games - nice idea.

Pokemon - sounds cool tbh.

Chat Games - could be cool.

Art Galleries - maybe...?

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
Event staff - there’s already event managers and they use their friends in the staff team as help so it’s like already a thing ish? Just they don’t have a role
This too ^

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I'm sort of reiterating what has already been said but heres my take:
Event server - I feel it is unnecessary
Chat games - I wouldn't be opposed to this, if it is done well it could be good
Event team - we already have one
Event games - Yeah this sounds cool
Survival Update - Disagree and it takes away from what survival is meant to be, imho it should be as vanilla as possible, although perhaps this could be incorperated into its own subsever?
Art Galleries - I like this
Daily item villager - This is a thing on ZombieV and I think it would fit well on the other servers... maybe the longer login streak you have the better items you'll get?
Black market villager - possibly, not too sure tbh
Public chests - could be good but could easily be open to abuse
Public message board - Dont think this would be good as it could easily be abused
Kitpvp fishing - I like it how it is now, I do agree with the enchant thing
Staff applications - I think the system is good as it is now

Overall, some good suggestions!

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Separate events server: No, we got events subserver already
Chat games: Sure, just not too often. Can otherwise get boring and/or spam chat
Event Team: Don't think it's needed personally
Event games: Don't see why not
Pixelmon in survival: Ehh idk bout that - Not everyone likes pokemon, I'd say stick to vanilla survival but give it a bit of a twist with some cool plugins
Art Gallery: Idk, I guess sure? I just don't think it'll be used much
Daily item Villager: Yes! Just like the one on ZombieV when you can claim a free vote key every 24hrs
Black market villager: Why not, would make hard to get items (like netherite on skyblock) a bit easier to get
public chest: Sure? Just plonk a chest down lol
Public message board: No, would say it'd get vandalized quite a bit
Kitpvp fishing: Yes, nerf the fish sell price. It's quite high imo
Staff apps: Fine as they are rn
Lock prison warps: yes