Minecraft Eula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayamush

Skeleton Slayer
I'm going to repeat exactly what I said in previous threads..

Apparently the owners have something up their sleeves to keep the server up and running. They wouldn't put lots of effort into the server recently if they knew that it is going to shut down..

Be patient and see what happens, one thing I am nearly sure about is that Snapcraft won't be shutting down anytime soon.

OP
OP
PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Void Walker

Apparently the owners have something up their sleeves to keep the server up and running. They wouldn't put lots of effort into the server recently if they knew that it is going to shut down..

Be patient and see what happens, one thing I am nearly sure about is that Snapcraft won't be shutting down anytime soon.
I know they do, but i don't want the rich greedy Mojang getting in a lawsuit with bas, though I am sure Maarten could kick notch's ass xD

Wouldn't that be illegal?

Second thought, who cares

Mr. Alon

Zombie Killer
I know they do, but i don't want the rich greedy Mojang getting in a lawsuit with bas, though I am sure Maarten could kick notch's ass xD

Wouldn't that be illegal?

Second thought, who cares

They cant do iligeal stuff, they will be jailed tho i'm sure they got a lot of ideas plus if they don't I got some.

iFlezz Gaming

Diamond Miner
Its stupid and whats the point of changing the eula if ranks have started that are not cosmetic like about a year or 2 ago. They Should of done it before but they have to do it now :mad:.

Mr. Alon

Zombie Killer
Its stupid and whats the point of changing the eula if ranks have started that are not cosmetic like about a year or 2 ago. They Should of done it before but they have to do it now :mad:.
yeah but from the other side the idea behind this change is to give all players fair chances to get their own stuff and not use kits. plus no one is gonna pay for the server if Bas and Maarten will keep selling ranks, they will just find their self behind the jail bars.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Sooo... Will snapcraft go out of business since you can only sell cosmetic features in Minecraft servers, and barely earn any money? The new EULA will be released August first, so thats bad news right? Whats the point of Minecraft anymore lmao, mojang, what a bunch of dumbasses.

From mojang's standpoint, they say that they are not getting enough income for their game. You really don't need to pay any money to mojang to run a server. Getting an account is optional... Yet, large servers like Snapcraft, Hive, Hypixel, Mineplex, make a considerable amount of money off of Minecraft and some people make it their part/full time job. Mojang doesn't get one little bit of it. Although the EULA is on the selfish side, I can see where they're coming from.

OP
OP
PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Void Walker
AHA! How about, sell coins on the server, and with the coins you can buy ranks, but when someone buys them,
everyone gets the coins. BUT, if you did not recently donate, you get the coins removed, so that way the person who donated gets the coins only, I can clarify this later, sorry its a little sketchy, I am rushing and want to share this idea before I forget it.

Mr. Alon

Zombie Killer
AHA! How about, sell coins on the server, and with the coins you can buy ranks, but when someone buys them,
everyone gets the coins. BUT, if you did not recently donate, you get the coins removed, so that way the person who donated gets the coins only, I can clarify this later, sorry its a little sketchy, I am rushing and want to share this idea before I forget it.
I already said that idea but i checked and it says in the new EULA you cant sell in-game currency for real money.

LegalSense

Void Walker

It won't shut down, it'll survive. The only thing that will change is the player experience, significantly. But as you said, the owners have something up their sleeves.

Nope, basically what Mr. Alon said, you are not allowed to sell in-game currency for real world money.

From mojang's standpoint, they say that they are not getting enough income for their game. You really don't need to pay any money to mojang to run a server. Getting an account is optional... Yet, large servers like Snapcraft, Hive, Hypixel, Mineplex, make a considerable amount of money off of Minecraft and some people make it their part/full time job. Mojang doesn't get one little bit of it. Although the EULA is on the selfish side, I can see where they're coming from.
It's not all just because they aren't getting enough income. It's true they might be using the EULA just to get players to buy their product, AKA realms. But that's not all there is to it.

Mojang's main goal isn't to stop servers from making money, Mojang's main goal with the EULA rules is to prevent unfair extortion and situations like a player-vs-player (PVP) server charging a couple hundred bucks just for a diamond kit or selling OP items that make the game play highly unfair. It is indeed fair, but under those rules, they're also preventing more balanced monetisation strategies.

You can find a detailed post I made found here- http://www.snapcraft.net/threads/1917/#post-15498

unionjackjz1

Tree Puncher
I have been playing on some of the top 10 minecraft servers. I want to say that they have some tricks.

EULA is to stop servers making money so realms makes money. Server owners have tricks.

The server I have been playing on ( @Bob2108 knows the server), they have re-coded every item to do something different. So they are not effected as much by the EULA (or thats what I have heard).

I have trust in SNAPCRAFT to keep the server running <3

OP
OP
PieIsGood

PieIsGood

Void Walker
It won't shut down, it'll survive. The only thing that will change is the player experience, significantly. But as you said, the owners have something up their sleeves.

Nope, basically what Mr. Alon said, you are not allowed to sell in-game currency for real world money.

It's not all just because they aren't getting enough income. It's true they might be using the EULA just to get players to buy their product, AKA realms. But that's not all there is to it.

Mojang's main goal isn't to stop servers from making money, Mojang's main goal with the EULA rules is to prevent unfair extortion and situations like a player-vs-player (PVP) server charging a couple hundred bucks just for a diamond kit or selling OP items that make the game play highly unfair. It is indeed fair, but under those rules, they're also preventing more balanced monetisation strategies.

You can find a detailed post I made found here- http://www.snapcraft.net/threads/1917/#post-15498
Thats incorrect, you CAN sell i game currency, as long as EVERYONE gets the same amount of stuff. Actually, let's stop talking about this, it is really stressful D:

123IsIt

Obsidian Miner
Hold up, so will I keep all the ranks ive bought personally?

MVLapps

Iron Miner
Thread locked to stop the spread of panic. Please do not create more threads regarding this issue; as Snapcraft will not close anytime soon. All existing donators will keep all their ranks and perks across all servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.