Mining Job Broken

Canopy

First Step
I opened a support ticket because the miner job in Skyblock is broken. I told the admin that I mine ONE ore and after that it says I have to wait 52 seconds. She said that is how it is supposed to work and then closed my ticket. I cannot reply to the ticket, so I thought I would post here.
I mine one ore and get $0.47 for that one ore. When I mine another, it says i have to wait 52 seconds. I would say that is not working, especially when /baltop has over $200,000,000.00. The job hunter has no cooldown, neither does farmer. I've been on servers where there is a monetary limit per day for each job, but it's ridiculous that you can only get less than a $1 per minute. That is broken.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
It is the intended way for the mining job within the Skyblock server. Although I do agree the mining job is lacklustre compared the hunter job which makes a lot more money, jobs points and job XP. If you have any suggestions on how the mining job could be changed then we'd be more than happy to hear them. I believe already have an idea how we could tweak it, but we welcome more suggestions.

OP
OP
C

Canopy

First Step
It is the intended way for the mining job within the Skyblock server. Although I do agree the mining job is lacklustre compared the hunter job which makes a lot more money, jobs points and job XP. If you have any suggestions on how the mining job could be changed then we'd be more than happy to hear them. I believe already have an idea how we could tweak it, but we welcome more suggestions.
Why is there a cool down for mining when there isn’t for others? It’s not like we have a whole world to mine and we have to wait for the lava and water to make new blocks. I really think 1 ore mined per minute makes it a worthless job.

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
Why is there a cool down for mining when there isn’t for others? It’s not like we have a whole world to mine and we have to wait for the lava and water to make new blocks. I really think 1 ore mined per minute makes it a worthless job.
Most likely because you get more jobs / money per block mined in the mining job than you do per mob killed in the hunter job for example

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
But you can’t level up at all if you have to wait an entire minute for the next one to count. I get 47 cents per ore and $35 per mob
ores like emerald give you alot more, i managed to level it up to 15 in a week by mining on and off for a few days

OP
OP
C

Canopy

First Step
It works fine in the nether. Increase 3 levels in five minutes - which took me three weeks to do on my island

lauraWinchester

Gold Miner
It works fine in the nether. Increase 3 levels in five minutes - which took me three weeks to do on my island
there is no cooldown on the natural generated blocks like the ones on the starter island and the nether spawn