Need More Staffs On Snapcraft

Do you agree with more staffs on the server?

• Yes

• No

• Depends

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonPlays

First Step
Hey guys! GordonPlays here, I think this is my first post on this server. What I'm going to talk about today is about the amount of staffs that snapcraft may need. From my own experience, I've seen a lot of hackers in earth games and kitpvp. However, there's some staffs in kitpvp, but no staffs in earth games where there is a lot of hackers. Since the staff application is closed, the players will deal with many hackers when the staffs isn't on.

I'm just telling from my own experience with this server, since I've played here since 2012(Haven't been active on the forums). So I hope you guys understand and have empathy for me, I just really wanted to share this experience with you guys.

Sincerely Gordon

Imacouplepixels

Stone Miner
Staff members can't be alert 24/7, unfortunately, so players themselves will have to record hackers when staff aren't present. Still, I think that Snapcraft could use a few more helpers, especially during certain timezones, now that the playerbase has drastically expanded (along with hackers >:()

Backus

Void Walker
It's not like only staff can get hackers. Players can record and report.

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Earthgames is a difficult gamemode to control due to there being many different lobbies that the hacker can go to if we are called to help. We can't have one staff member per lobby.
This is where we would want the players to help us as much as they can.

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
When it comes to minigames, that's a challenge. It would do a lot if players report hackers. Other than that, having more players on Kit PvP other than American time zones could maybe be thought about. (???)

iMoonZz

Stone Miner
I agree that staff should rotate to every mini-game, Earthgames get's MANY hackers, Regen, Kill aura, Anti-Kb. The only thing you can do is record, but some people can't. It also is a hassle, and quite annoying to start/edit/stop a recording. More staff should be on Earthgames. I've only played a few times but, each time. There is at least one hacker.

iToasterrr

Answer to Life
I agree that staff should rotate to every mini-game, Earthgames get's MANY hackers, Regen, Kill aura, Anti-Kb. The only thing you can do is record, but some people can't. It also is a hassle, and quite annoying to start/edit/stop a recording. More staff should be on Earthgames. I've only played a few times but, each time. There is at least one hacker.
You have to take into consideration, that staff have lives too. The older staff might have work during the day for them, and can only get on for a few scarce minutes during the day. Or, they just get bored of earth games. You can't force people to just patrol a server, that is what eventually gets them to quit the server.

Btw with bandicam, you can set up a hotkey (i have mine as the mouse wheel button), but the hotkey will only work if you arent pressing any other button at the time that you press the key. Plus, you can do it quickly so you don't have to have the software recording the entire time.

iMoonZz

Stone Miner
I fully understand that, Staff have lives as well as Players. All I was stating, Which is perfectly fine is that EarthGames has many hackers that need to be dealt with. Not many staff like earth games, I get it. Mini-games can get very, I wouldn't force a staff member to do what they don't want to do, Merely quoting that we need at least some rotation to EarthGames because not many staff members play it, leaving the hackers, hacking.

iMoonZz

Stone Miner
You have to take into consideration, that staff have lives too. The older staff might have work during the day for them, and can only get on for a few scarce minutes during the day. Or, they just get bored of earth games. You can't force people to just patrol a server, that is what eventually gets them to quit the server.

I fully understand that, Staff have lives as well as Players. All I was stating, Which is perfectly fine is that EarthGames has many hackers that need to be dealt with. Not many staff like earth games, I get it. Mini-games can get very, I wouldn't force a staff member to do what they don't want to do, Merely quoting that we need at least some rotation to EarthGames because not many staff members play it, leaving the hackers, hacking.

LegalSense

Void Walker
I agree with the fact that we, the staff, should probably monitor EG a little more aggressively. Mini-games like EG are prone to hackers, and I used to think it was only Kit.

Occasionally I patrol around servers to check chat, or see if there's a hacker on. Usually I'm not around survival, factions, or lbb. And as stated above, EG has a lot of lobby games which makes it hard to catch hackers because they're easily able to switch lobby to lobby, making the chance of catching them pretty demanding.

But as such, we also do rely on SC players to try and record them while we're not on. Our time zones vary, and sometimes our accounts may be on but we might AFK doing something. I do actually go onto different EG lobbies to see if there are hackers, but to my surprise I don't really come across any. I come across allegations from players that there are hackers, but I see no hackers. And funny thing is right after I leave they show up and obliterate everything.

But with the new staff changes made it's very fortunate that we gained 2 new moderators taking the place of the 2 that resigned, especially since one of them used to be an Admin on SC before. But it's also very unfortunate that we lost 7 helpers due to their time constraints because they have a lot going on in their lives. Though, 1 of our helpers, Regi, was just switched over to Builder but she still has some permissions. Although, all is not lost since we gained a new helper - Genie!

But anyways let's remember that everyone at SC should do their part of catching and reporting hackers or rule breakers, whether it be a staff member or just a player - our goal as a whole is to create a fun, enjoyable environment for the SC community.

If you ever need me though, hit me through PM on the forums or find me in-game. You should see me around: Creative, parkour, kitpvp, eg, and crossing through survival + factions.

IJoshDaWolf

Iron Miner
Personally, I agree that their should be more staff members sometimes, but at the same time the staff members can't always constantly monitor the server for hackers, swearers, rule breakers, etc., players online should do their part in the community to record hackers if possible whenever they see one. (And this may be irrelevant to the matter and I have no personal goal or believe that it'll persuade people that I should but I say this unto you all from the bottom of my heart) ever since I learned how to download and use my recording software, even before that, I have always wanted to record hackers/rule breakers that commit crimes that are strictly breaking the rules on snapcraft and make the server a better place. I love you record hackers and do everyone a favor and make the server a more fair, hacker-free environment to all who wish to play on it. And odly enough I actually have a passion for reporting for duty (heh, duty) and being able to bring justice to the wrongdoers that we see every single day on snapcraft. Well I say unto you that I love to record and report hackers or report any wrongdoers in general <3. I wish to one day become successful and (hopefully) become a helper. And I know full well that it's not easy becoming a staff member, but I want to let all of you people out there know that I will work hard and do whatever it takes to achieve my dream of becoming staff on this wonderful server and there's nothing that I could possibly want more on this server than that, and I'm gonna show everyone out there what is truly special about ME and show them that I can be a reliable, trustworthy, friendly, talkative, funny, kind, compassionate, and understanding person to be around. Thank you all to those that have read this post and I wish you all nothing but the best in life and those who too wish to become successful in something one thing I can give for advice, "If you believe and try hard enough on it and you have a passion and absolutely, undeniably believe no matter what that you deserve to have it, then it will come to you, follow your heart and never give up on your dreams! ❤️" -iJoshWoof- 2015

Vicky

Obsidian Miner
Personally, I agree that their should be more staff members sometimes, but at the same time the staff members can't always constantly monitor the server for hackers, swearers, rule breakers, etc., players online should do their part in the community to record hackers if possible whenever they see one. (And this may be irrelevant to the matter and I have no personal goal or believe that it'll persuade people that I should but I say this unto you all from the bottom of my heart) ever since I learned how to download and use my recording software, even before that, I have always wanted to record hackers/rule breakers that commit crimes that are strictly breaking the rules on snapcraft and make the server a better place. I love you record hackers and do everyone a favor and make the server a more fair, hacker-free environment to all who wish to play on it. And odly enough I actually have a passion for reporting for duty (heh, duty) and being able to bring justice to the wrongdoers that we see every single day on snapcraft. Well I say unto you that I love to record and report hackers or report any wrongdoers in general <3. I wish to one day become successful and (hopefully) become a helper. And I know full well that it's not easy becoming a staff member, but I want to let all of you people out there know that I will work hard and do whatever it takes to achieve my dream of becoming staff on this wonderful server and there's nothing that I could possibly want more on this server than that, and I'm gonna show everyone out there what is truly special about ME and show them that I can be a reliable, trustworthy, friendly, talkative, funny, kind, compassionate, and understanding person to be around. Thank you all to those that have read this post and I wish you all nothing but the best in life and those who too wish to become successful in something one thing I can give for advice, "If you believe and try hard enough on it and you have a passion and absolutely, undeniably believe no matter what that you deserve to have it, then it will come to you, follow your heart and never give up on your dreams! ❤️" -iJoshWoof- 2015
I giz paragraph liek A+++

black_mits

Gold Miner
havent really had problem with hackers as much as rude players with ranks and spawn camping at my house even though i try to get along with everyone and help out anyone on sc. And when I do have problems there is never staff on. I play survival for the most part. And hard to play when someone spawn camps your house so u can't go outside know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.