New Command idea

should we add it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I don't think this is a good idea. If you need to see your warnings, it obviously implies that you just accepted it for the sake of getting rid of the spam.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
If you need to see your warnings, it obviously implies that you just accepted it for the sake of getting rid of the spam.
This is a fair point. I'd like to think players also remembered what they said to grant the warning they got - this allows them to realise their mistake and learn from it.

OP
OP
DiamondDom15

DiamondDom15

First Step
This is a fair point. I'd like to think players also remembered what they said to grant the warning they got - this allows them to realise their mistake and learn from it.
yes, I do agree but at the same time, people like me who doesn't just have to worry about a warning for saying f and 3 stars have more important things to do like creating content or modding for another server or even owning one. a /warnings command also means me as a player can see who warned me and what for. also, Tennisace24 who hasn't done /warn acknowledge just to stop the spam and popup because all a warning should be is a simple message "you have been warned for..." end of. If you do it again more punishment should come.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I disagree with this suggestion. Players have to acknowledge the warn they receive which should allow them to remember it in the first place. This makes it so players can’t make the excuse they didn’t see the little tiny message in chat and they certainly saw the obnoxious message across their screen. I also like the point bum made.

OP
OP
DiamondDom15

DiamondDom15

First Step
I disagree with this suggestion. Players have to acknowledge the warn -ing they receive which should allow them to remember it in the first place. This makes it so players can’t make the excuse they didn’t see the little tiny message in chat and they certainly saw the obnoxious message across their screen. I also like the point bum made.
ok yes the big obnoxious message across the screen will make it so a player has to "acknowledge" the warning but at the end of the day how long does a warn last how many warnings do we get can we get warned for different things without getting muted for the original warn like is there a place for these questions to be answered.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
ok yes the big obnoxious message across the screen will make it so a player has to "acknowledge" the warning but at the end of the day how long does a warn last how many warnings do we get can we get warned for different things without getting muted for the original warn like is there a place for these questions to be answered.
This would depend on what you were warned for, but you shouldn't even be worrying about how long it takes for a warning to expire, because if you are just following the rules then it won't be taken further. Just because a warning has expired doesn't act as an excuse to break the rules. But I'll attempt to give as much information as I'm allowed to. Depending on the situation players will generally be warned along the lines of verbal warning - /warn - ban/mute (but in some situations this might be different). And about whether you can get warned for different things without being muted / banned- it also depends on the actual situation. I also agree with the points made by wowoow and bum.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
I’m pretty sure you would know why you received the warning in the first place, if not you most likely can ask the staff.

OP
OP
DiamondDom15

DiamondDom15

First Step
One thing I don't understand is why has this brought such an argument like the plugin is already there and you can do /warnings but it says you don't have permission which would then require whatever permission plugin you use to add the node. whether or not a user should know why they were warned it doesn't matter any server that has things for ease would just allow the general user to see it MCC has a website dedicated just to searching previous punishments not just for you but anyone who you put the username in. and simply asking a staff member is not possible when there is 4 staff online to manage 400+ players. also, Ashie people can forget things for instance I can't remember what happened 3 weeks ago mainly because some things are more important than getting a warning on an mc server that breaks Minecraft EULA.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
One thing I don't understand is why has this brought such an argument like the plugin is already there and you can do /warnings but it says you don't have permission which would then require whatever permission plugin you use to add the node. whether or not a user should know why they were warned it doesn't matter any server that has things for ease would just allow the general user to see it MCC has a website dedicated just to searching previous punishments not just for you but anyone who you put the username in. and simply asking a staff member is not possible when there is 4 staff online to manage 400+ players. also, Ashie people can forget things for instance I can't remember what happened 3 weeks ago mainly because some things are more important than getting a warning on an mc server that breaks Minecraft EULA.

Our warns usually can last up to a week time, as told already you may receive verbal- /warn- then punishment. Some staff may go straight into /warn and then punishment if you wish to continue basing off the severity of what you’re doing. So, no need to remember something too long ago. Better idea is just not continuing to break any rules. We are not like any other server, this is Snapcraft and this is our system we choose. We do not leave our punishments and warns to the public, you at times can receive the information if you ask with reasoning but we are not required to tell you. We also don’t share anyone else’s punishment history with someone other than the receiver. There is also discord to ask staff, you’ll get a reply at some point through the day messaging mostly any staff member, I personally will always give a reply.

OP
OP
DiamondDom15

DiamondDom15

First Step
Our warns usually can last up to a week time, as told already you may receive verbal- /warn- then punishment. Some staff may go straight into /warn and then punishment if you wish to continue basing off the severity of what you’re doing. So, no need to remember something too long ago. A better idea is just not continuing to break any rules. We are not like any other server, this is Snapcraft and this is our system we choose. We do not leave our punishments and warns to the public, you at times can receive the information if you ask with reasoning but we are not required to tell you. We also don’t share anyone else’s punishment history with someone other than the receiver. There is also discord to ask staff, you’ll get a reply at some point through the day messaging mostly any staff member, I personally will always give a reply.
Thank you for telling me how long they last I completely understand that you don't want the punishments open to the public and the punishment that i had received was a /warn for saying "f***" which could have been just a verbal warning but wasn't so that's why i have suggested this command.

OP
OP
DiamondDom15

DiamondDom15

First Step
it would be ideal for on the forums where it tells us the rules that there was a punishment directly put next to it and how far it goes as f*** is not swearing or bypassing filter it is me adding my own filter to shield the innocent snowflakes.

an example of how this could be added is

Rule
description
punishment(s)

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
it would be ideal for on the forums where it tells us the rules that there was a punishment directly put next to it and how far it goes as f*** is not swearing or bypassing filter it is me adding my own filter to shield the innocent snowflakes.

an example of how this could be added is

Rule
description
punishment(s)

This has been suggested before by myself to maarten which I do not believe he is interested in adding this due to it potentially causing people to break rules more often being aware of the punishment they may receive as they may feel it isn’t a harsh punishment and they’ll just take it anyways.