Declined New command to contact staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencerr

Stone Miner
Hello.

I've been a member of the snapcraft community for about 4 years now. I've noticed it's really hard for players to report: glitches, builds and players. So I want to suggest some things to add in-game as well Discord. (I don't know if these suggestions were already suggested or added)

In-game Global
When someone reports something or someone on the server, they either, go to discord or make a report on the forums. I think it would be great to add /smsg ( staff message). I think adding this would make players and staffs. One, the player can dm a staff without leave the gamemode he/she is in. Two, the staff can get messages faster, without leaving the mode he/she is on. Except to get evidence or to punish.

With this command it will save time and receive: videos, screen shots, inappropriate builds and skins, glitches, etc much faster. I suggest making this comment punishable if abused.

Discord
When someone needs to speak with a staff member verbally, they ask one to come in private channel 1 or 2, or call them privately.
So I thought it would be nice to add two more channels to the discord server. One, waiting calls. Two, answer calls. I can't come up with better names.
the waiting call room, would be for anyone who needs to speak with a staff verbally While the answer call room would be for the staff to move them in to speak with them. maybe add three of the answer call rooms, so if more than one person needs to speak with a staff member.

These are two suggestions that I thought would make the players and staff members lives easier, to deal with issues. One think i may be a problem, is the discord suggestion since it hardly used. I may make another suggestion in the future, to make modes or the discord more active.

Thanks for reading.
Silencerr

OP
OP
Silencerr

Silencerr

Stone Miner
I forgot to add in "this is my first post on the forums so if I do anything wrong, please let me know so I dont make the same mistake again in the future". I'm still learning the forums

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I definitely agree that you should be able to message staff in game

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I forgot to add in "this is my first post on the forums so if I do anything wrong, please let me know so I dont make the same mistake again in the future". I'm still learning the forums
For your first post it could definitely be worse

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
With regards to the /smsg, I see your point as to it may be easier to get a hold of staff members that way, however I believe that this could easily be abused. People may just use /smsg for silly reasons, which thus wastes staff members time. I personally don't see an issue with doing /staff and then going to a staff member for help that way.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I don't think this would be added as it is basically the same as /report which maarten said he would never add. As wacky said and others have said in past, it can be easily abused and that's likely what players would do.

OP
OP
Silencerr

Silencerr

Stone Miner
This is much different than messaging all staff. It directly messages the staff you want to message. Like /smsg (Bob) (information). So if it does get abused you can mute the player for spam or something. I also think there should be a rule for unreasonable or false reports. Its a waste of time for the staff to deal with it. Its a little bit different than @Staff on discord. The staff deal with people for talking in there? Anyways I'm not being disrespectful or trying to argue. I'm just make suggestions for this to work so any staff member (if this does be added) have to deal with people wasting and abusing commands. Like I said I'm not arguing or Demanding that this should be added, because I know its not getting me no where if I do. Also I think this would get the staff more active and make more of a healthy environment for legitimate people.

Thanks for the replies and thoughts.

Silencerr

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
With regards to the /smsg, I see your point as to it may be easier to get a hold of staff members that way, however I believe that this could easily be abused. People may just use /smsg for silly reasons, which thus wastes staff members time. I personally don't see an issue with doing /staff and then going to a staff member for help that way.
people can be silly in the discord too and ping the staff for no reason

FatSecurityGuy

Skeleton Slayer
Agreed with wow and joe, this can be easily abused and I don't see why this should be added when you can just do /staff or /discord and get a staff's help that way.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Agreed with wow and joe, this can be easily abused and I don't see why this should be added when you can just do /staff or /discord and get a staff's help that way.
yes but it can be abused on the discord too. It can be abused anywhere, so that's not a proper reason not to do it

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Yeah adding this concept just adds to many downfalls. Just my opinion.
how i don't understand, you can abuse the discord by pinging the staff how is this any different?

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner
Maybe you need a certain level to be able to use /smsg. It could decrease the amount of nonsense reports I think. Or certain play time.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
I feel that if /smsg was added, messages could get lost in the chat. The chat is busy as it is with global chat, /msg, gang chat, etc; a player can just ask to be direct messaged in the discord and it can be done that way. This keeps the report messages separate from everything else that is going on.

Also, if we were to punish players who abuse the /smsg, that takes up our time sorting that out.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Maybe you need a certain level to be able to use /smsg. It could decrease the amount of nonsense reports I think. Or certain play time.
I agree, having /smsg would make a lot of sense and it’s silly to allow fear of people being stupid with it to cause you to not implent what would be a very good feature Into the game

Blueyy

Iron Miner
If I remember correctly, you can do friend message across servers. It's not very necessary for staff message, just use discord or do /staff, go to their server and msg them

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
If I remember correctly, you can do friend message across servers. It's not very necessary for staff message, just use discord or do /staff, go to their server and msg them
Nope I don’t know think you can as I remember trying it and it didn’t work but things may have changed since then idk

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
In order for your idea to work the user is expected to know the name of a staff member and at the same time know that they’re online, there is already /staff that will show you where to find a staff member and you can easily message them that way using regular /msg. Not to mention most people use discord these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.