Added New Factions rules Suggestion - feel free to comment on it

Do you agree with the rules? if not, please add a comment!

• I agree with all rule changes

• I agree with some rule changes

• I disagree with all rule changes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OriBM

Stone Miner
If you didn't understand the reasoning behind some of the rules, feel free to leave a comment - I will try and reply to all comments here and explain everything to everyone.

It took me a while to write these rules down. My goal is to keep it as balance as possible, enable raiding for everyone, and allow players to actually get spawners from raids.
anyway -

Official Snapcraft Factions Rules.

Strike 1 - Faction Warning
Strike 2 - 10% Value taken from the screenshot
Strike 3 - 20% Value taken from the screenshot
Strike 4 - 30% Value taken from the screenshot
Every strike after could lead to a disband/further % of value taken.

Miscellaneous Rules.

The Senior Staff team can break off these rules and reverse the right to the final decision on a case by case basis, this refers to all rules

-You are not entitled to breaking a rule just because a faction broke a rule against you
a faction caught breaking any rules may not be entitled to a rollback of their TNT if the Senior Staff Team decides that TNT was only used for the illegal activity.
-We have the right to disband and DQ a faction if it is a severe breach of the rules like duping. If a faction disband occurs, all players
in that faction will have their balance reset.
-You can not attempt to to create or join a faction to reset your strikes.

Gameplay Rules.

1.Alt factions and/or alt accounts cannot be used to evade any of these rules.
2.A faction can only claim a single corner
3.Bitch claiming is not allowed during grace and random useless claims are not allowed during the entire map.
4.No Insiding
5.For every 4 permanent bans a faction acquires, they will be given a faction strike.
6.Leeching and interfering with a raid is not allowed.
7. Patching walls with printer, sand bots or gen buckets is not allowed during a raid.
8. Encasing your spawners in any block to prevent enemies from obtaining your spawners is disallowed. Your spawners cannot be scattered on the ceiling of the base
making it harder to obtain and the spawners must follow the spawner box sizes stated. All spawners within the main base must be within
no more than 3 Spawner Boxes.
9.Using scripts to print cactus, fish, or any other form of economy is disallowed.

Base & Claiming Rules

10. Buffer size can only extend 20 chunks from the outermost base wall
11. If you wish to build your base next to another faction, there must be a 60 chunk gap minimum for raid claims. A base in the corner takes priority
and the other base might be removed if it breaks this rule.
12.Your main base (including any member boxes) must be made up of 1 complete shell. Your main base cannot be larger than 10 chunks wide and 10 chunks long.
13.Defending with ANY unraidable blocks is illegal.
14.Any base and/or cannon box that is deemed unreachable via ender pearls or with easy access via water is illegal.
15.You can only have 25 walls on your cannon box. You cannot have finnster Walls and/or Anti-Nuke walls and/or Regen Walls as protection
on cannon boxes.
16.You can only have a total of 2 cannons and 2 cannon boxes within the buffer of your base. "360" buffer cannons are not allowed.
17.You are only allowed 45 walls on a cannon box within your buffer
18. Regens are not allowed.

Cannon Rules

17.Roof cannoning is not allowed.
18.Cannons that are made to intentionally lag the server are not allowed.
19.The following cannons are not allowed under any circumstances: U-Fusion/Double adjust, Mid-airs, Multiple wall one-shots, Pull/Push nukes,
Wall removers, Horizontal nukes, Worms.
20.You are allowed to bypass the speed limit with a barrel under Y:15
21.A faction can only raid a base/cannon box using one cannon. They must wait 15 minutes before using another cannon. However,
a faction is allowed to raid 2 different bases at the same time or a cannon box and a base at the same time.
22.Only 1 faction can raid a base or a cannon box at a time. You cannot raid the same base another faction is currently raiding (Allies are allowed to team up for a raid and will be considered one faction,
which means they are only allowed one cannon)
23.Left and right shooting is disallowed.
24.You cannot bypass the cannon speed rules with reversing mechanics or any sort of mechanics.
25.You are only allowed 1 cannon per raid claim.
26.One wall can only be broken every 3 Seconds per shot.
27.You cannot cannon any cannon box from behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some core changes - The removal of regens, limiting to 3 spawner boxes, placement of spawners.

Lets face it - regens are broken. They are hard to raid for newcomers. with flat walls, all you gotta do is press a button, with regens however.. its a bit more complicated.

in order to enable raiding for EVERYONE, I think it fits to get rid of regens completely.

3 spawner boxes & spawner placement -

these are made in order to enable players to breach a base 3 times and take all the value from the base breached. I believe that if a faction worked hard, spent time, tnt, and forced another factions for hours - they should be rewarded for it. in order for this to be possible, we will also need throwable ceggs (google it if you dont know what it is)

overall, I think these rules are good, but feel free to suggest changes to the rules & add new ones.

Thanks for reading this, I appreciate it!

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
OP
OP
O

OriBM

Stone Miner
I am missing the list of strikes & punishments per strike
also missing the removal of regens but thats fine as I just added it myself too

this rule is important because bases on y1 are broken, its alot easier to patch on low y, annoying to setup on low y, and sand walls are broken on low y, so to balance it out you allow any speed at low y. (free tip - if you build your base at high y, make reverse layers!!!)
--------------

I also have a problem with your definition of interfering with raids.

"You may not interfere with a faction actively setting up" - why? lets assume I'm setting up on the other side, the first faction to fire a shot takes the raid. It would make sense for me to not let them set up at all!

"You cannot intentionally disable a defending or raiding player’s fly"
"You may not spectate other raids or be near the claim, you will be asked to leave"
I'll start by saying that spectating a raid shouldn't matter, as long as you're coming naked and not doing anything - don't see a problem.

Let's assume I have a cannon ready on the other side. In order to know when I am allowed to start firing, I will HAVE to spec the raid, that's the only way I will be able to tell if its been 15 minutes since the last shot was fired. I suggested /f stealth, what it does is not disable flight for enemies when you're nearby them (when u have it on) this way it wont disable flight when you're spectating. Also, you should add raid timers (plugin) to make sure nobody is firing while another faction is being raided. I will make another thread about raid timer.

to sum it all up, I think a raid should be considered a raid after a shot was fired, not before. and as of now, without /f stealth or raid timers, we are forced to spectate a raid if we have a cannon ready on the other side, so disallowing that just doesn't seem right.

one last thing - the definition of inactive raids.

Raids are considered inactive 15 minutes after the last cannon fire or once the cannon is destroyed.

I disagree with considering a raid inactive if a cannon is destroyed. If the raiding faction is able to patch their cannon box and reprint the cannon in 15 minutes, they should get to keep firing. You should deem a raid active/inactive based on one thing - "did they fire tnt in the past 15 minutes?"

I think these are the main issues I have with your version of the rules, the rest is perfectly fine and you did a great job at wording rules properly, so even newcomers will be able to understand what's going on.

(I couldn't reply to wowoow because the message contained a link :-P)

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I am missing the list of strikes & punishments per strike
also missing the removal of regens but thats fine as I just added it myself too

this rule is important because bases on y1 are broken, its alot easier to patch on low y, annoying to setup on low y, and sand walls are broken on low y, so to balance it out you allow any speed at low y. (free tip - if you build your base at high y, make reverse layers!!!)
--------------

I also have a problem with your definition of interfering with raids.

"You may not interfere with a faction actively setting up" - why? lets assume I'm setting up on the other side, the first faction to fire a shot takes the raid. It would make sense for me to not let them set up at all!

"You cannot intentionally disable a defending or raiding player’s fly"
"You may not spectate other raids or be near the claim, you will be asked to leave"
I'll start by saying that spectating a raid shouldn't matter, as long as you're coming naked and not doing anything - don't see a problem.

Let's assume I have a cannon ready on the other side. In order to know when I am allowed to start firing, I will HAVE to spec the raid, that's the only way I will be able to tell if its been 15 minutes since the last shot was fired. I suggested /f stealth, what it does is not disable flight for enemies when you're nearby them (when u have it on) this way it wont disable flight when you're spectating. Also, you should add raid timers (plugin) to make sure nobody is firing while another faction is being raided. I will make another thread about raid timer.

to sum it all up, I think a raid should be considered a raid after a shot was fired, not before. and as of now, without /f stealth or raid timers, we are forced to spectate a raid if we have a cannon ready on the other side, so disallowing that just doesn't seem right.

one last thing - the definition of inactive raids.

Raids are considered inactive 15 minutes after the last cannon fire or once the cannon is destroyed.

I disagree with considering a raid inactive if a cannon is destroyed. If the raiding faction is able to patch their cannon box and reprint the cannon in 15 minutes, they should get to keep firing. You should deem a raid active/inactive based on one thing - "did they fire tnt in the past 15 minutes?"

I think these are the main issues I have with your version of the rules, the rest is perfectly fine and you did a great job at wording rules properly, so even newcomers will be able to understand what's going on.

(I couldn't reply to wowoow because the message contained a link :-P)

I've made these changes besides the removal of regens

To add to this suggestion, the faction-specific rules should be made into a post and pinned to the faction-specific department on forums rather than at the bottom of the server-wide rules.

This will allow for 1 direct link to these rules & let them be longer without making the original rules look tacky and make them easy access next to any other faction-specific information.

Status
Not open for further replies.