Newbie questions . . .

WalnutKate

First Step
Hi. I'm WalnutKate. I'm entirely new to Snapcraft and to Minecraft servers altogether.

I have some questions about survival/economy. I apologize if there are answers to these elsewhere. Point me to guides or FAQ's if they exist . . .
  • In /shop, how are the prices set? Do they ever change? Are there any limits to how much you can buy and sell?
  • What is the best way to find and get to player stores/markets?
  • Are there cow spawners in game? How do you get one?
Thanks.

WK

Dutchy

Zombie Killer
Welcome! :-D

As for your questions,

1) No, prices in /shop do not change.
2) Some players advertise their shops in chat. You can also ask in chat "does anyone have a shop?". Or you can do /pwarp . Some players have a pwarp set at their shop.
3) There are cow spawners! And many more. You can buy them in /shop or use the /buy command in-game to buy one with real money.

I hope I was able to answer all your questions. If you ever have another question, don't hesitate to start a conversation with me! ;-)

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
Well dutchy answered the questions, but welcome to Forums!
If you ever have any other questions about a game mode, then create a question thread in the subcategory where it is most relavent. :)

OP
OP
WalnutKate

WalnutKate

First Step
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated!

And a few more questions:
  • I noticed that you can only place a water block in your region. What other rules are there for doing stuff in and out of your region?
  • I'm mining deep, close to bedrock, and it seems like there's more minerals showing up than in vanilla Minecraft. Is this a feature of this server?
  • I'm trying to farm sugarcane. I've planted on dirt and sand, and in my region and out of my region, but it doesn't seem to be growing. Is there some limits on sugarcane in this server?
Thanks again!

WK

Spazboy99

Blaze Estinguisher
Welcome to the forums! :-D

OP
OP
WalnutKate

WalnutKate

First Step
Thanks for all the welcomes.

I'm not getting responses to my questions in the 'Survival' forum, so I'll try them here:
  • I noticed that you can only place a water block in your region. What other rules are there for doing stuff in and out of your region?
  • I'm mining deep, close to bedrock, and it seems like there's more minerals showing up than in vanilla Minecraft. Is this a feature of this server?
Is there a cap on how many animals we can have?

I have a herd of cows. I fed them and they've made babies, but stopped after awhile. No matter how many times I fed them, no more babies. Then I killed several, and was able to breed them again.

Same with chickens.

Is there a maximum? Is it per region? Per player?

Thanks.

WK

Backus

Void Walker
Yes, there is an animal cap. I think water/ice are the only things needing to be inside a region. The map is custom, I am not sure if there are more minerals or not since I don't normally mine, but you could always just be lucky.